Toast Toby love thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surfed twitter & the main board thread expecting to see heaps of vitriol for him being named Captain - and while there was some (from the usual quarters), there was nowhere near as much as I was expecting. Actually quite a bit of love for him and his selection. The decision was greeted way more positively than I expected.

so proud.

Surfed twitter & the main board thread expecting to see heaps of vitriol for him being named Captain - and while there was some (from the usual quarters), there was nowhere near as much as I was expecting. Actually quite a bit of love for him and his selection. The decision was greeted way more positively than I expected.

so proud.
Amazing the change in 18 months. At the end of 2021, start of 2022, with his suspension there were people saying he should be kicked out of the game, and few apart from GWS supporters saying anything positive about him. Over the course of this year, he seems to have won a lot of people (not everyone, of course) over with both his play and captaincy of the team.

Nice ABC article about our Toby

The man who is the beating heart behind the Greater Western Sydney Giants is undeniably one of the superstars of the league, and has been for some time.

But now, thanks to a team of selectors, he's also the All-Australian captain and has secured a prime spot on football's honour board forever.

The article includes a six minute highlights clip pre-2020.

Watching it helps explains why we might get a bigger-than-expected crowd for the EF. They're coming to see Toby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby’s heart break and tears was hard to watch. Our captain’s love for the club and his desire to win was very evident in the aftermath of the game. Toby should hold his head high, and I am so proud that we have such a passionate inspirational captain to lead us. I know it’s only one year, but his All Australian captaincy shows the huge respect that the game holds him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back