Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been sub par this year.
I wonder if he has any trade value at all, given his fall from grace, age and the $$$ he's commanding next year.

A club would need to punt that he could return to his best.
The Dogs would be the team most in need of a decent ruck. With the third man up rule their clearances have fallen right away.

The Dogs would be the team most in need of a decent ruck. With the third man up rule their clearances have fallen right away.
They would need to decide whether he would improve their side. Campbell had his measure when they met a couple of weeks ago. Not sure they would give up much for him.

They would need to decide whether he would improve their side. Campbell had his measure when they met a couple of weeks ago. Not sure they would give up much for him.
A bag of chips maybe,no doubt on this years form i would stick with Cambell or any other young ruckman the dogs have. Goldy is lucky he hasn't been dropped 8 weeks ago. If he was playing at the Dogs under Bevo he would be playing in the VFL.

Last edited:
Has been sub par this year.
I wonder if he has any trade value at all, given his fall from grace, age and the $$$ he's commanding next year.

A club would need to punt that he could return to his best.

could be useful at a flag contender seeking to fill a gap

I think North believe he's worth more to them than what they'd get at the trade table. He has been sub par this year for sure but at his best he's still a top 3/5 ruck in the comp and Preuss isn't ready for a full season, you don't trade your best asset for cents on the dollar.

I don't think any team would want him, he's fool's gold.
The theory is a team challenging for a flag that doesn't have a decent ruckman might want him
The only team that fits that bill is the Doggies but Bevo doesn't rate one dimensional rucks and he doesn't fit the age profile so i doubt they'd be prepared to cough up much more than they paid for Cloke even if North pay part of his 850k contract.
Players don't turn 30 (next year) and regain form.
The only possible reason he's getting a game over Pruess is to up his trade value but I don't think that it is being effective.

Last edited:
I don't think any team would want him, he's fool's gold.
The theory is a team challenging for a flag that doesn't have a decent ruckman might want him
The only team that fits that bill is the Doggies but Bevo doesn't rate one dimensional rucks and he doesn't fit the age profile so i doubt they'd be prepared to cough up much more than they paid for Cloke even if North pay part of his 850k contract.
Players don't turn 30 (next year) and regain form.
The only possible reason he's getting a game over Pruess is to up his trade value but I don't think that it is being effective.
We played Rory a couple of games in 2015 and then pretty much used him as a forward and Downie as main ruck. Reasoning seemed to be that Rory wasn't physically ready for the constant collisions, and he built in the gym a lot in the off season.
My point is that although Preuss is 22 and and big frame maybe he's not yet ready for the week in week out constant collisions, and North are managing his development carefully?

We played Rory a couple of games in 2015 and then pretty much used him as a forward and Downie as main ruck. Reasoning seemed to be that Rory wasn't physically ready for the constant collisions, and he built in the gym a lot in the off season.
My point is that although Preuss is 22 and and big frame maybe he's not yet ready for the week in week out constant collisions, and North are managing his development carefully?

I think hes been injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's listed as back injury test on their website, so it seems you're right
Ah well there ya go. For some reason i thought it was an ankle.

Yeah so about that todd goldstein...

I think its probably more interesting to ask who leaves? Pruess or goldy? I have no info but im getting the feeling that this is a bigger issue than people are talking about.

Id trade goldy for a 2nd and paying part salary in order to keep pruess. But if they keep goldy i think pruess will leave for a higher pick value than expected. He looks good to go in the afl i think

I think its probably more interesting to ask who leaves? Pruess or goldy? I have no info but im getting the feeling that this is a bigger issue than people are talking about.

Id trade goldy for a 2nd and paying part salary in order to keep pruess. But if they keep goldy i think pruess will leave for a higher pick value than expected. He looks good to go in the afl i think
I saw him play at Bellerieve earlier in the year. For me high first rounder based on that game for Preuss. Top 5 is his value.

I saw him play at Bellerieve earlier in the year. For me high first rounder based on that game for Preuss. Top 5 is his value.
Top 5?
I doubt he would get that. I thought he might hold more value in a "player swap" he is a chip that holds good value there

No way can we lose Pruess - he is our future and a priority to lock away. If we are not playing both of them the it's Goldy that needs to go.

Top 5?
I doubt he would get that. I thought he might hold more value in a "player swap" he is a chip that holds good value there
I'm not kidding. Prefer a young dominant ruck who can present a contested marking option and drift fireatd and kick goals, to an 18 yo prospect. For a top 5 pick you get a good prospect I do get.

Any thought to the Roos playing Goldstein as a forward/ruck in 2018, and having either Preuss or Daw as the #1? He's shown at times in the past that he can be a handful up forward (two bags of 5 during his career), and he's still solid enough for a relief ruck role. Might be worth exploring, considering teams aren't really going to give up much for an ageing ruckman with so many miles on the clock.

No way can we lose Pruess - he is our future and a priority to lock away. If we are not playing both of them the it's Goldy that needs to go.
I agree. But coaching/recruiting staff have made stranger decisions before. For your sake i think you need to trade goldy to avoid pruess leaving. Hes a gun

I'm not kidding. Prefer a young dominant ruck who can present a contested marking option and drift fireatd and kick goals, to an 18 yo prospect. For a top 5 pick you get a good prospect I do get.

Mmmmm yeah but given his 4 game?? Exposure. I cant imagine anyone will offer a top 5 pick for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back