Summer Tokyo 2021 Basketball Thread - August 7 When We Got Bronze

Will Australia win a medal in the mens and womens tournament?

• Men yes women yes

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • Men yes women no

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Men no women yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Men no women no

Votes: 11 13.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing that there is a chance we could actually beat the US today makes the wait for the game worse than if I knew we were no chance.

Come on boys!
Yep, and there is a chance that the Eagles could actually thrash the Demons on Monday night too ;)

Until the game is underway this does indeed remain our "best chance ever"
But although victory is IMO highly unlikely, I would not be taking this day off work if I didn't think we were some chance.
Have also tentatively booked in knighthoods for Mills & Thybulle. Thankfully the cancellation policy is pretty reasonable atm thanks to Covid, though even if we lose today I think it will be more of a postponement than a cancellation if I need to back out.

Come on boys!

Yep, and there is a chance that the Eagles could actually thrash the Demons on Monday night too ;)

But although victory is IMO highly unlikely, I would not be taking this day off work if I didn't think we were some chance.
Have also tentatively booked in knighthoods for Mills & Thybulle. Thankfully the cancellation policy is pretty reasonable atm thanks to Covid, though even if we lose today I think it will be more of a postponement than a cancellation if I need to back out.

Come on boys!
By chance I mean something like a ~10% to -20% chance. Sure that's still some long odds, but it's a lot better than the ~1% chance we'd usually face.

Come on boys!

Only good thing about Brisbane lockdown is I can work from home and watch the game whilst getting paid for it.

Back