Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of our so called favourites have lost? Yesterday the USA basketball team were strong favourites to win, US Female Soccer team were favourites to win, Kookaburras were only very slight favourites to win. US Female Basketball team were strong favouties to beat the Opals.

The Hockeyroos were strong favourites to win their match against India, so I will give you that one.

I was shocked to see we were favourites in the hockey. Was always going to be close but Belgium had much better form and were the world champs.

J. Heidrich A. Vergé-Dépré

Bronze.jpg

K-4 500m boys finish a close 2nd to world champs Germany in heats and go thru to tomorrow's SF. Germans did an Olympic Best. It was the first competition for this Aussie K-4 combo it includes Murray Stewart from Rio who was in K-1 and K-2 class there.

at the very least, the medley werent favourites, theither were the breast stroke and ledecky was favourite for the freestyle events.
Wrong. Titmus was the favourite in the 400m according to the odds.

Anyway what is your point? It's sport. Sometimes favourites lose and underdogs win. They are not robots. Some Australians who were favourites have won and some have lost. Some Australians who were underdogs have won and some have lost. It is the same for every country and most sports.

at the very least, the medley werent favourites, theither were the breast stroke and ledecky was favourite for the freestyle events.

No she wasn’t. Titmus was fav for the two she won. The breasstroke Stubby was fav. Ledeky was fav in the 800 and 1500m. The one relay in the last day was the only one we weren’t Fav and it was like $2.60 to $1.80 it wasn’t some huge shock

How many of our so called favourites have lost? Yesterday the USA basketball team were strong favourites to win, US Female Soccer team were favourites to win, Kookaburras were only very slight favourites to win. US Female Basketball team were strong favouties to beat the Opals.

The Hockeyroos were strong favourites to win their match against India, so I will give you that one.
womens relay with their arrogant tactics
opals performance generally, given their world standing
womens hockey not even getting to the final 4
the K1, though she still got silver so thats harsh
the womens rugby choke against the us, giving up 4 scores in 2 minutes when they juts had to play out the game
the bmx

the womens rugby choke against the us, giving up 4 scores in 2 minutes when they juts had to play out the game
the bmx

Expecting them to win them all is ridiculous and none of those were favs coming in. We weren’t near the top ranked in women’s hockey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys quit your squabbling and just enjoy watching Graudina again in the beach volleyball!😍
They all have cracking rigs on em! 🥰👠

the bmx
So what you're saying is that out of hundreds of Australian performances these games, some were underwhelming?

the bmx
What are you talking about, the opals were a outside chance at a medal if Cambage played, next to no chance without her.
The days of being a challenger ended when Lauren Jackson retired.

I heard the beach volleyball call on radio. When I saw some clips of the Latvians the Australians beat, I thought they were smoking hot.

I’m actually a bit disappointed Australia won.
Mariafe is kinda cute no?
C’mon aussies, have been following them all tournament

the bmx

BMX? WTF? We won the event we were gold favourites in. Weren't considered anywhere near the favourites in anything else BMX related, and our best racer was on track to out-perform expectations before she was taken out by a seppo and lucky not to end up with serious injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back