Tom Hawkins - NAB rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that Buddy is a freak....he's an absolute gun and any team would kill to have him in their side but how was Buddy going halfway through his second year?

From Wikipedia: After playing in the Victorian Football League for the early part of the 2006 season, he was recalled after Round 9, and in Round 12 produced a 6-goal haul against Richmond.

On the 13 July 2006 "Buddy" signed a new two year deal with Hawthorn, after being linked with clubs such as Essendon, West Coast and Fremantle. Another bag of 6 late in the season prompted predictions of Franklin to be the next big name forward in the AFL.

Unlike BargeArse Hawkins who played AFL in the early part of 08 and then went backwards to the VFL to get a kick.

He also isn't referred in any way as "the next big thing" in footy - except in relation to his fat arse and double chin. :thumbsu:

From Wikipedia: After playing in the Victorian Football League for the early part of the 2006 season, he was recalled after Round 9, and in Round 12 produced a 6-goal haul against Richmond.

On the 13 July 2006 "Buddy" signed a new two year deal with Hawthorn, after being linked with clubs such as Essendon, West Coast and Fremantle. Another bag of 6 late in the season prompted predictions of Franklin to be the next big name forward in the AFL.

Unlike BargeArse Hawkins who played AFL in the early part of 08 and then went backwards to the VFL to get a kick.

He also isn't referred in any way as "the next big thing" in footy - except in relation to his fat arse and double chin. :thumbsu:

It's a pity you've resorted to trolling in this way FR....such a shame.

But in reply Hawthorn in 2006 was in a team very south on the ladder whereas Tommy is trying to break into a team that is on the pointy end. And Geelong's depth is in such a healthy state that younger players have to fight hard to keep their spots. Tomahawk would be one of the first picked in the hawks 2006 team.
And 6 goals against the Tigers 2006 team???....that's not such a big feat!

It's a pity you've resorted to trolling in this way FR....such a shame.

I've tried intelligent trolling but it tends to get lost in here, especially in any thread involving North Melbourne supporters.

So I've taken that approach and thought 'what would a Norff supporter say' - I apologise to you if this offends you but it's the only way I can compete with these Neanderthals.

But in reply Hawthorn in 2006 was in a team very south on the ladder whereas Tommy is trying to break into a team that is on the pointy end. And Geelong's depth is in such a healthy state that younger players have to fight hard to keep their spots. Tomahawk would be one of the first picked in the hawks 2006 team.
And 6 goals against the Tigers 2006 team???....that's not such a big feat!

Theoretically, his spot was taken by NAblett. With him gone, there is no real competition for the Flabbahawk. And if kicking goals against crap sides is easy, why isn't Tommahaulkingmassoflard or Mooney leading the Coleman?

;)

I've tried intelligent trolling but it tends to get lost in here, especially in any thread involving North Melbourne supporters.

So I've taken that approach and thought 'what would a Norff supporter say' - I apologise to you if this offends you but it's the only way I can compete with these Neanderthals.

Theoretically, his spot was taken by NAblett. With him gone, there is no real competition for the Flabbahawk. And if kicking goals against crap sides is easy, why isn't Tommahaulkingmassoflard or Mooney leading the Coleman?

;)

Meh. As long as we're in the top four at the end of the year I don't care what happens with individual awards. We'll never do what we did last year again. Ablett might when Charlie but once again who cares?

Finishing third or fourth will be the same as finishing first or second for us and the other Vic sides, because we'll be playing in Victoria no matter what.

Coleman doesn't really mean much either. Although it is the last frontier....

That's a pity but you still shouldn't stoop to this, Bay 13 has too many idiots now without joining them. After a while it's best just to ignore them

;)

Geelong does not rely on one or 2 players to kick all it's goals - we still kicked 28 on the weekend though:thumbsu:.
Last year we didn't have Tom Lonergan in any sort of fit state to play either and so Geelong are "managing" their young players on a rotational basis during the H&A season so they won't be tired come finals.

He definitely has a few parts of his game that he needs to work on, in particular he seems to get caught under the ball at times.

However, he has shown glimpses of what he is capable of (5 goals against Melbourne including a 1 handed contested mark against 3 opponents) which is all you can ask of a 19 year old KPP still lacking the fitness and strength base to compete at AFL level. He could also have a lot more goals this year if he didn't keep passing it off!

Will be a fantastic player, that I have no doubt.

And FR, a bit disapointed by this thread. You're capable of better trolls than simply name calling.

Kicked seven goals in the reserves last week should get a call up this week

Cats have the bye this week. Don't think he would have got a call anyway, not just yet. The extra week will help decide whether he comes in. Still, why change something that has been working so well so far.

In saying that we still have Scarlett and Stokes to come back.

So this 'future star' of the Geelong forward line has had two chances at winning this award and has failed miserably both times.

No wonder you are begging Nablett to come back. A pea heart is better than no heart, I guess.

Bit of perspective muppet.

Hawkins has kicked 25 goals in his 19 games played.

Franklin only kicked 20 in his first 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the better stats floating around bigfooty :)

We all know buddy is a superstar, but i'll be happy if hawkins becomes half the player Buddy is.

Who's comparing Hawkins with Buddy?

You keep calling Hawkins fat but he is taller than Franklin and just 4kg heavier at 105kg. Campbell in your team is 110kg. Hawkins will be a good player and I'm happy to have him at Geelong. I think the Hawks wanted him at one stage but didn't get the chance.

Buddy is only 18 months older than Hawkins. Last year he kicked 73 at 3.3 a game. The year before when he was 6 months younger than Hawkins is now he kicked 31 at 2.2 a game.

When Lloyd was 19, and 9 months younger than Hawkins is now he kicked 63 at 3.2 a game.

Paul Salmon kicked 63 at 4.9 as an 18 year old.

At 19 Tony Locket kicked 79 at 3.8

These are just the ones I am aware of. Hawkins may end up a decent player but he would want to get a move on.

Buddy is only 18 months older than Hawkins. Last year he kicked 73 at 3.3 a game. The year before when he was 6 months younger than Hawkins is now he kicked 31 at 2.2 a game.

When Lloyd was 19, and 9 months younger than Hawkins is now he kicked 63 at 3.2 a game.

These are just the ones I am aware of. Hawkins may end up a decent player but he would want to get a move on.

Great stats by those players. If he ends up half as good as those stars Cats fans will be happy. He's only 19 and has plenty of time to get better. All players develop at different rates.

So Lloyd is better than Franklin.....got it:thumbsu:

Last year we were the highest scoring team and never had a single player kick more than 5 goals in a game. Completely different style to those teams. Hawkins also has 6 goal assists this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back