Tom Hawkins - NAB rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened to this bloke?
He was a $2.50 favourite for the NAB rising star pre-season and the bloke has yet to get a nomination this season thus far..
To top it off he has also played 10 games this season..:thumbsdown:

Trent Cotchin or Rhys Palmer will fight it out this year for mine, as for the tomahawk, i'm glad this unco-ordinated, McDonalds eating handbagger is listed at the Geelong FC.. Your future forward stocks look bright:eek:...

hmm, third position isnt settling well with some.

But in all seriousness, I think the Cats and their fans would be a tad disappointed with his progress this season. He would have been expected to fill the Nablett void. It would be fair to say he is not holding up his end of the bargain at this stage.....

But in all seriousness, I think the Cats and their fans would be a tad disappointed with his progress this season. He would have been expected to fill the Nablett void. It would be fair to say he is not holding up his end of the bargain at this stage.....

Because a 19 game KPP isn't tearing sides apart yet? He has had some quality games so far, but needed to go back to the VFL to work some shit out. Has kicked 10 goals in 2 games so far.

Because a 19 game KPP isn't tearing sides apart yet? He has had some quality games so far, but needed to go back to the VFL to work some shit out. Has kicked 10 goals in 2 games so far.

dont blame us, blame the 10 threads pre-season by geelong fans saying how good hawkins was?:eek::p

Little defensive for no reason?

Do you feel he has made any improvements from 2007? I think most would agree he has stagnated. Chances are he will be a great player, but there is no denying he has hit a brick wall this season given the fact that he has "strengthened up", "lost all his puppy fat" and so fourth pre-season.

dont blame us, blame the 10 threads pre-season by geelong fans saying how good hawkins was?:eek::p

Yes that was a bit of a silly move from some supporters, i didnt jump into those as i knew he is still very young and there was no way he would dominate the competition this year.

That was only GC26 and forrrest though wasn't it? :p

Little defensive for no reason?

Do you feel he has made any improvements from 2007? I think most would agree he has stagnated. Chances are he will be a great player, but there is no denying he has hit a brick wall this season given the fact that he has "strengthened up", "lost all his puppy fat" and so fourth pre-season.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across so defensive towards your post, was more about the whole thread.

It appears to be an issue with decision making more than anything, and he appears to get lost sometimes. I'm far from an expert though.

Other than that I'm content with his progress. Luckily Lonergan was ready to come back in to keep things even.

by the way the bookies are the bookies, so who cares unless you gamble, and if you do so be it

as for hawkins he will be a great player
and when he is, all the dawks will be pawned, and looking to zac to save them

Hmm I think Ryan Gamble is more promising than Hawkins. He's second efforts make him stand out more as a promising KPP player with great forward pressure and tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins has done a bit more than Nablett had done at the same stage...

His issues are only timing and positioning, which takes time.

Nablett had his detractors (particularly on this site), but this season showed that he was a reasonable leading target in your forward line - I reckon you miss him and that aspect of his game and haven't really found a suitable replacement yet.

We miss him dearly. Nablett is a ****ing great footballer, and if he had stuck around would have been one of the top key forwards. Also, Gary seems to lift when his brother is playing.

I just hope that the rumours are true, and he returns next year.

We miss him dearly. Nablett is a ****ing great footballer, and if he had stuck around would have been one of the top key forwards. Also, Gary seems to lift when his brother is playing.

I just hope that the rumours are true, and he returns next year.

God help the rest of the comp then if Nathan does come back:eek:

I thought Hawkins may have made more of a mark this year than he has so far, but there's still plenty of time for him to develop so I doubt anyone at Geelong would be overly concerned.

God help the rest of the comp then if Nathan does come back:eek:

I thought Hawkins may have made more of a mark this year than he has so far, but there's still plenty of time for him to develop so I doubt anyone at Geelong would be overly concerned.

In my mind, he was trying to play the unselfish game too much and didn't have the experience to pull it off (even Ablett screws it up sometimes!). Plenty of opportunities to kick goals, but wanted to play the team game.

In my mind, he was trying to play the unselfish game too much and didn't have the experience to pull it off (even Ablett screws it up sometimes!). Plenty of opportunities to kick goals, but wanted to play the team game.

Yep. After he kicked that checkside goal from the pocket earlier in the year he appears to be overdoing the team thing. Needs to just go back and bang them through if he's in range.

Yep. After he kicked that checkside goal from the pocket earlier in the year he appears to be overdoing the team thing. Needs to just go back and bang them through if he's in range.

That checkside kicked arse. I'm more referring to being 40 out on an average angle, and kicking it to someone 20 out on a hardarse angle.

That checkside kicked arse. I'm more referring to being 40 out on an average angle, and kicking it to someone 20 out on a hardarse agnle.

I agree. It was an awesome goal and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I think it was Matty Stokes who had a quick chat to him shortly after kicking it...maybe telling him to play more team oriented footy? Can only guess obviously. He may have just patted him on the back for kicking a great goal. But since then he's done a lot of what you just said...passed it off when he's well within range. Bomber needs to just settle him down and tell him to have his shot at goal when he gets the chance rather than looking for the Steve Johnson type of assist.

I agree. It was an awesome goal and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I think it was Matty Stokes who had a quick chat to him shortly after kicking it...maybe telling him to play more team oriented footy? Can only guess obviously. He may have just patted him on the back for kicking a great goal. But since then he's done a lot of what you just said...passed it off when he's well within range. Bomber needs to just settle him down and tell him to have his shot at goal when he gets the chance rather than looking for the Steve Johnson type of assist.

Agreed.

Nathan Ablett is a dud. Not mentally up to AFL football
You could say that about Franklin - Either he's a dud and can't kick goals, or he's mentaly week and chokes in front of them. Will never be a great of the game because of his crappy kicking style.

You could say that about Franklin - Either he's a dud and can't kick goals, or he's mentaly week and chokes in front of them. Will never be a great of the game because of his crappy kicking style.

Yep crap kicking style thats leading the goalkicking :rolleyes: Are you Cat fans really that stupid :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back