Recommitted Tom Langdon [re-signed]

$600,000 is good money, but it is not the great money it once was. The average AFL player is on about $400,000 a year.

In saying that I do want Langdon as he would replace Mills in defence and allow Mills to play as a midfielder.
$600k for 4 years is big money. It’s only $25k less per year than we’re paying Grundy. If a young player getting $800k like Lever is worth 2 firsts, I don’t think a single first rounder for a $600k player is an unreasonable ask.

I wonder what the pull to Freo is to play with his brother. He appears to love the Collingwood football club and players have and do play for unders.

If it was clear cut, you think he would have selected the Swans already. We usually deal easily (Give Unders) with clubs and have a good trading history with Collingwood.
Not sure. I’d imagine the Freo offer is good too, and most teports have his preference to stay at Collingwood still, but there’s no way we can get near the kind of money being offered here.

Unless their name is Dan Hannebery...
If your club wants to use Hannebery as a cap dump that’s their prerogative. Clearly getting him off the books is more valuable to the Swans than securing high currency, and St Kilda knew it.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if we will get it but we certainly gonna try package pick 18 + Langdon for pick 11 and a later pick

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 49
In:
Langdon, pick 5, Brisbane 2019 1st round pick

Lions
Out:
Pick 5, 2019 1st round pick
In:
Neale, pick 18

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18
In:
Pick 11, pick 49

Fair for all parties

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 49
In:

Lions
Out:
In:
Neale, pick 18

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18
In:
Pick 11, pick 49

Fair for all parties

I like it. Which means from a Freo perspective it gets a tick.

Brisbane taking on massive risk with future 1st despite 18 going back to them.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 49
In:

Lions
Out:
In:
Neale, pick 18

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18
In:
Pick 11, pick 49

Fair for all parties
Lions may have a good think about this. Giving up two very very good picks.

Any Brissy fans wanna give a comment on this trade?

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like it. Which means from a Freo perspective it gets a tick.

Brisbane taking on massive risk with future 1st despite 18 going back to them.

It's widely accepted that Brisbane has been quite impressive this year, being very competitive against strong teams, while also having a lot of close losses.

They were actually 13th on the ladder in terms of %, 89% ahead of Bulldogs with 77%.

Combine that with their natural progression as their young list continues to improve.

Brisbane could easily hang around the 9-11th mark, and their 1st round pick I believe will likely be around pick 10.

So essentially they lose

Pick 5 and pick 10 for Neale and pick 18.

They probably would've had to give up pick 5 + pick 23 for Neale at the very least, it's Freo who thinks that's unders. Assuming around pick 5 + 17 would've gotten it done for Neale, which I believe is what Freo asked for to trade in Lobb.

They give up pick 10 but also gain pick 18 vs finding pick 17 to give to freo.

- (pick 10) + (pick 18) > - (pick 17)

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's widely accepted that Brisbane has been quite impressive this year, being very competitive against strong teams, while also having a lot of close losses.

They were actually 13th on the ladder in terms of %, 89% ahead of Bulldogs with 77%.

Combine that with their natural progression as their young list continues to improve.

Brisbane could easily hang around the 9-11th mark, and their 1st round pick I believe will likely be around pick 10.

So essentially they lose

Pick 5 and pick 10 for Neale and pick 18.

They probably would've had to give up pick 5 + pick 23 for Neale at the very least, it's Freo who thinks that's unders. Assuming around pick 5 + 17 would've gotten it done for Neale, which I believe is what Freo asked for to trade in Lobb.

They give up pick 10 but also gain pick 18 vs finding pick 17 to give to freo.

- (pick 10) + (pick 18) > - (pick 17)

What is they lose Beams after doing this deal and Zorko and Neale have season ending injuries??

It can go south quickly and despite the industry thinking they're around the 10 mark many pundits had Bombers in the 8 and Eagles in the bottom 4.

So you can write out all your hypotheticals, I'm just saying a future 1st for a team that only won a handful of games is dangerous. It's dangerous for all clubs, but a team like Brisbane doesn't have the depth IMO.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is they lose Beams after doing this deal and Zorko and Neale have season ending injuries??

It can go south quickly and despite the industry thinking they're around the 10 mark many pundits had Bombers in the 8 and Eagles in the bottom 4.

So you can write out all your hypotheticals, I'm just saying a future 1st for a team that only won a handful of games is dangerous. It's dangerous for all clubs, but a team like Brisbane doesn't have the depth IMO.
Fair, but Beams isn't leaving. Apparently they was nothing to begin with, just some slightly irresponsible info released by Freo.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fair, but Beams isn't leaving. Apparently they was nothing to begin with, just some slightly irresponsible info released by Freo.

Pretty sure we didn't release it mate. Plus if we did, isn't it the job of the journo to check his sources?? Poor reporting if you ask me.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 49
In:

Lions
Out:
In:
Neale, pick 18

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18
In:
Pick 11, pick 49

Fair for all parties
Good trade suggestion. Should email through to the clubs

Yes but then you have to play for Fremantle, a team that wasn't interesting even when they were winning.
Also Fremantle are being dicks at the moment. They would probably ask Collingwood to pay them to take Langdon off their hands.
loving the positivity, super stuff. how dare a club seek to make deals in their best interest.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder if Collingwood get involved in the Wingard to hawks deal, something like Langdon to swans or freo for a mid teens pick, that pick to hawks for burton, hawks 2 first rd picks to port? Would be a win for Collingwood as burton looks like he’ll be a star, I’d give our first rd pick to the hawks in an instant for him.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 49
In:

Lions
Out:
In:
Neale, pick 18

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18
In:
Pick 11, pick 49

Fair for all parties
Another alternative:
Freo
Out:
Neale, pick 11, pick 30
In:
Langdon, pick 5, Pick 18 (on traded for R. Lobb), Coll future 2nd

Lions
Out:
Pick 5, Beams, Pick 41
In:
Neale, pick 11

Pies
Out:
Langdon, pick 18, Future 2nd
In:
Beams, pick 30, pick 41

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions may have a good think about this. Giving up two very very good picks.

Any Brissy fans wanna give a comment on this trade?

Absolutely hate it - losing pick 5, Beams and a future first (likely top 10) for Neale + 18? Not good!

Pretty sure we didn't release it mate. Plus if we did, isn't it the job of the journo to check his sources?? Poor reporting if you ask me.

Yeah the freo starting the Beams rumours was a super funny story but I'm pretty sure that's not where purple got it. I'm sure Freo was aware of it though and is happy it got out there - benefits them to wait it out and hope to get whatever we get for Beams if we deal him.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolutely hate it - losing pick 5, Beams and a future first (likely top 10) for Neale + 18? Not good!

Yeah the freo starting the Beams rumours was a super funny story but I'm pretty sure that's not where purple got it. I'm sure Freo was aware of it though and is happy it got out there - benefits them to wait it out and hope to get whatever we get for Beams if we deal him.

Brisbane list manager - we’re going to have a crack at trying to secure pick 18 from Pies.

Collingwood list manager - yeah they dream.

Purple - did you say for Dayne Beams?

Collingwood list manager - what? No I said d... ream not Dayne Beams.

Purple - got it... Beams on the table. Pick 18 involved.

Collingwood list manager - wait... hello... purple flogbean? You there mate??

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
$600k for 4 years is big money. It’s only $25k less per year than we’re paying Grundy. If a young player getting $800k like Lever is worth 2 firsts, I don’t think a single first rounder for a $600k player is an unreasonable ask.

While I see the point and think Langdon could easily be worth a pick in the 15-18 range, I don't think you can just say high offer = high trade price. Sometimes clubs will offer up more on salary so as to price other clubs out which only lowers the trade price.

If an uncontracted Langdon wants out for a big offer that the Pies can't come close to matching (no big contracts off the books like Sydney have had with Hannebery and Tippetts price decreasing) then I just don't reckon you guys can get a 1st out of Sydney. Two 2nds though I think considering the situation is closer.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder if Collingwood get involved in the Wingard to hawks deal, something like Langdon to swans or freo for a mid teens pick, that pick to hawks for burton, hawks 2 first rd picks to port? Would be a win for Collingwood as burton looks like he’ll be a star, I’d give our first rd pick to the hawks in an instant for him.

Would be a huge win for the Pies to jump in and get Burton for Langdon. Burton a younger, more versatile, and most likely better version.

Would be a huge win for the Pies to jump in and get Burton for Langdon. Burton a younger, more versatile, and most likely better version.
I’d swap Langdon for Burton in a heartbeat.

Back