Rumour Tom Scully retiring due to personal issue

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure manlet Tom Mitchel is a genuine force in a fight. Patton would have been quivering

What a load of nonsense

Patton won't be back at Hawthorn because he's garbage. If he was any good (he isn't) Hawthorn would have him back despite this offseason. Don't let the fact he won't play be evidence of crap rumours

These screenshots of messages are becoming a real issue IMO. There have been some really awful unfounded rumours going around recently.
It's weird how they've become 'legitimate'

I can text myself anything I like, delete the sent message, block the number and post it. Why do people believe these?

His first two years at Melbourne were very good averaging over 21 disposals from his first 31 games, which is why GWS through the kitchen sink at him.

Dunce.
Really ? Wasn't cause his dad was head of recruiting and set his son up with the sweetest deal ever for a 20 yr old ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can text myself anything I like, delete the sent message, block the number and post it. Why do people believe these?

I don’t think anyone believes them. Each and every one I’ve seen (and I’ve posted a few) is pure horse s**t.

They’ve proliferated after some real rumours came to fruition but even then the messages were half truths and half bullshit (Hardwick ones the best example).

there’s websites that allow you to type anything in, and it will produce an image like a text message to take a screenshot / share.

I don’t think anyone believes them. Each and every one I’ve seen (and I’ve posted a few) is pure horse sh*t.

They’ve proliferated after some real rumours came to fruition but even then the messages were half truths and half bullshit (Hardwick ones the best example).
Some people absolutely are believing them, which is mildly terrifying.

Really ? Wasn't cause his dad was head of recruiting and set his son up with the sweetest deal ever for a 20 yr old ?

His dad was employed by GWS as a talent scout of regional Victoria, at what the AFL thought was an inflated rate. The AFL thought this was done to get the Scully deal over the line, hence having it included in the salary cap.

Scully, Ward and Davis all got amazing deals for young players because there were no older players available on the open market. The entry of the Gold Coast the year before meant all the quality ~28 yr olds were either poached by GC or locked into protective contracts by their existing clubs.

So with a couple of million to spend, GWS went large and long on the best 20 year olds in the comp.

His dad was employed by GWS as a talent scout of regional Victoria, at what the AFL thought was an inflated rate. The AFL thought this was done to get the Scully deal over the line, hence having it included in the salary cap.

Scully, Ward and Davis all got amazing deals for young players because there were no older players available on the open market. The entry of the Gold Coast the year before meant all the quality ~28 yr olds were either poached by GC or locked into protective contracts by their existing clubs.

So with a couple of million to spend, GWS went large and long on the best 20 year olds in the comp.
Cheers for clearing that up for me .

Cap space isn't relevant if nobody wants to come over to your club.
Ask North fans.

Lol, Anderson easily captain coach swans. Oh yeah higgins would co-captain.

Of course Corr will take franklin to the cleaners.......the fully fit version, not the current pensioner type.

Bookmakers are gross - the first screenshot doing the rounds with more plausibility suggests that people should get on the Hawks at $15 for the spoon.
Ignore any posts this year that are “hot tips” or “sure things” it’s all BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back