Too Human

So you think it will be GOTY based on what you've seen, but you think it's stupid for me to say it won't be GOTY based on the exact same info?

So in your opinion, basing an opinion of what we've seen is stupid - yet you do it yourself? You regularly do things that are stupid, do you?
No, I have formed my opinion on the info I have received, I won't form an opinion based on the beta, that is all I am saying, and I think it is stupid to form an opinion on a glorified demo.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, I have formed my opinion on the info I have received, I won't form an opinion based on the beta, that is all I am saying, and I think it is stupid to form an opinion on a glorified demo.

A beta is not a glorified demo, its a simplifed version of the full game.

Regardless, why is MY opinion supposedly based on the beta, but YOURS is based on 'information you've recieved' ?

You're a poser. You know jack s**t.

A beta is not a glorified demo, its a simplifed version of the full game.

Regardless, why is MY opinion supposedly based on the beta, but YOURS is based on 'information you've recieved' ?

You're a poser. You know jack s**t.
LOL calm down, I never said yours was based just on the beta, and mine was on all the info, I am just saying it is stupid to base your opinion on the game from the beta.

A beta is a glorified demo BTW, demo's are simplified versions of the full games, most of them are just smaller than beta's.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
LOL calm down, I never said yours was based just on the beta, and mine was on all the info, I am just saying it is stupid to base your opinion on the game from the beta.

But you're doing that yourself. It isn't stupid btw, a beta is almost always identical to the finished product as far as gameplay is concerned.

A beta is a glorified demo BTW, demo's are simplified versions of the full games, most of them are just smaller than beta's.

You don't know what a beta is

You don't know what a beta is
Nah mate, you don't, you have to realise that a beta is what the developer wants it to be, and it is as big as that too, it is a glorified demo, simple as that.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah mate, you don't, you have to realise that a beta is what the developer wants it to be, and it is as big as that too, it is a glorified demo, simple as that.

Once again you are proving you don't know what a beta is. It is distinctly different from a demo.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Explain then, how it is different from a demo?

A demo is just a small demonstration of a small part of the game, used to generate excitement for the release.

A beta is a testing phase. The game is being tested to iron out bugs, stress-test servers and obtain feedback.

Consider yourself educated in the ways of simple gaming terminology.

A demo is just a small demonstration of a small part of the game, used to generate excitement for the release.

A beta is a testing phase. The game is being tested to iron out bugs, stress-test servers and obtain feedback.
This is why I called it a 'Glorified' demo, I'm not saying it is exact to a demo, but it is just a demonstration to most who play the thing.

It is certainly not the "Full Game" like you called it.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is why I called it a 'Glorified' demo, I'm not saying it is exact to a demo, but it is just a demonstration to most who play the thing.

No, it is not a demonstration - it is a testing phase.

It is certainly not the "Full Game" like you called it.

Yes, it is. It may not include all textures, but it is incredibly close to the full game by the time it hits open beta.

At the least, more information and better opinions can be formed based on the open beta than anything else (yes even your precious "information")

Open beta is the best possible source of information for a game, and for forming an opinion on said game.

Back