Too Human

Remove this Banner Ad

what? you're suggesting the very mechanics of the game are going to change within a month?
The mechanics of keeping the game going are going to change, they are changing by the minute, it is currently in beta so players are currently getting a tenth of what is in the actual game(You said 'from what I've seen', so I gathered that is footage from the beta?), it will take until you can see what is fully capable before you should decide how far this game will take you.

While you're on a roll Karl, would you be able to predict the outcome of Resistance 2 and MotorStorm 2?

The mechanics of keeping the game going are going to change, they are changing by the minute, it is currently in beta so players are currently getting a tenth of what is in the actual game(You said 'from what I've seen', so I gathered that is footage from the beta?), it will take until you can see what is fully capable before you should decide how far this game will take you.

Beta is not 'a tenth' of the final product, it's closer to 90%.

And not everything that has been shown the the public is beta - much of it is final product.

The mechanics have nothing to do with keeping the game going. The mechanics I referred to, are the actual gameplay mechanics. Much like LLD has said, there doesn't actually look to be a lot that your Sackboy, you know, does. This is not going to change with less than a month to release. This is final product.

I'm not saying it won't be fun, but I am saying that it won't be GOTY and that the hype will invariably result in a big letdown for a number of people.

While you're on a roll Karl, would you be able to predict the outcome of Resistance 2 and MotorStorm 2?

Resistance 2 will be the best console FPS in history.

MotorStorm 2 will seem cool for abour 20 minutes, just like the first one. Then everyone will realise that it's actually just a pretty racer with s**t handling.

Resistance 2 will be the best console FPS in history.
That's a big call on R2. You're actually suggesting that it will be better than Halo 3? :p
If you pull this one off, I will forever be in your debt.

But I think you could be right. Look what Insomniac rushed out for the PS3 launch..
With probably over double the development time and a huge online community, I'm tipping it will be pretty sweet.

...Because it's currently a BETA.

You have no idea how this works, do you?

Wrong! Killzone 2 > Resistance 2. Resistance 2 can be second.
Killzone 2 will be very mediocre, just like the first one.
It will be a graphical showcase - no more, no less.
Look at the bottom of this page for example: Link
This isn't even on my must buy list.

Beta is not 'a tenth' of the final product, it's closer to 90%.
I severely doubt that a FREE beta would be 90% of the finished product, you would only need to play it to see that, not to mention it would only be a 1GB download compared to the full game which I would say will be close to 10GB at least.

Just to clarify, when I said a tenth, I meant a tenth of the features, character models etc. available.

I severely doubt that a FREE beta would be 90% of the finished product, you would only need to play it to see that, not to mention it would only be a 1GB download compared to the full game which I would say will be close to 10GB at least.

Just to clarify, when I said a tenth, I meant a tenth of the features, character models etc. available.

All beta's are free. By the time it hits open beta (like LBP is) it's at LEAST 90% complete.

And yes, whils tnot all models, textures are available the MECHANICS will be EXACTLY THE SAME WHICH IS WHAT I SAID NOOB.

Have you ever even taken part in a closed or open beta?

You have no idea how a beta works, do you?

oh the irony

Come on mate, catch up. Your own buddy Karl is trying to give you a hint here, you are way out of your depth.

The full version will indeed include extra art assest (levels, textures, models, animations, sound etc) - but the mechanics and gameplay are set out in a game design document and will not vary too much over the whole development period. We are talking about mechanics here HBK, not fluff.

This game has been in development for 2 years or more? It has been through concept, design, detailed design, implementation, pre-alpha, alpha, and now beta stages (closed before open). After this there is only really gold, which is when it ships. Beta is for squashing bugs, yes, but saying that beta is 10% of the game is just really ignorant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate - its quite clear that you're the one that has no idea how a beta works.

You even referred to it as a 'FREE' beta - as if all beta's aren't free anyway. Have you ever participated in one?
I was in the SOCOM beta just last month.

LOL was it 'free' as well?
Jeez your badgering on about this 'free' statement aren't you, I was saying it was free as they are not going to release a near full game for free, that is why it is a beta, because we are only getting a snippet.
Anyway, if you've been in beta testing before then you really have no excuse for knowing so little about how games are released.
I think there has been a miscommunication along the way, but what I was saying is that it is a beta, we are not getting the full game, so it is too hard to say what we are and aren't going to get with the game.

Jeez your badgering on about this 'free' statement aren't you, I was saying it was free as they are not going to release a near full game for free, that is why it is a beta, because we are only getting a snippet.I think there has been a miscommunication along the way, but what I was saying is that it is a beta, we are not getting the full game, so it is too hard to say what we are and aren't going to get with the game.

No, captain grey-neutral-statement... it is entirely possible to predict what we're getting with the game. You just don't jhave the balls to do so yourself,.

You're always posting these neutral comments in an attempt to appear wise or neutral. It's bullshit mate. yiou don't know what you're on about, but you always feel the need to post. If you don't have an opinion and want to hide behind neutrality, then don't post. It offers nothing.

No, captain grey-neutral-statement... it is entirely possible to predict what we're getting with the game. You just don't jhave the balls to do so yourself,.
No I'd rather wait to judge myself from the FULL VERSION, not the beta, is that too hard to understand, that's why I haven't tried too hard to get a beta key, I'm waiting on the full version, with everything available to play before I judge the game.
You're always posting these neutral comments in an attempt to appear wise or neutral. It's bullshit mate. yiou don't know what you're on about, but you always feel the need to post. If you don't have an opinion and want to hide behind neutrality, then don't post. It offers nothing.
What do you want me to post, something that isn't the truth, or my opinion?

Just because I'm not posting something to bait someone, or completely bias myself towards one subject I am neutral? Viney doesn't think so.

It's a beta, it isn't the full game, sure it would be good to have and play, but I wouldn't be judging the game on it.

No I'd rather wait to judge myself from the FULL VERSION, not the beta, is that too hard to understand, that's why I haven't tried too hard to get a beta key, I'm waiting on the full version, with everything available to play before I judge the game.What do you want me to post, something that isn't the truth, or my opinion?

Just because I'm not posting something to bait someone, or completely bias myself towards one subject I am neutral? Viney doesn't think so.

It's a beta, it isn't the full game, sure it would be good to have and play, but I wouldn't be judging the game on it.

Its the fact you defend it so blindly in the face of criticism, claim the mechanics are going to change, that we've seen 10% of the game, make reference to the beta being free (as if any beta charges testers anyway) etc

Then when you get called out for just dribbling s**t (which is exactly what you have been doing) you backpeddle and go into neutral mode and claim that none of us can have an opinion because the game is in beta stage.

It's quite easy to evaluate a game on its beta - because beta is almost identical to the final product.

Its the fact you defend it so blindly in the face of criticism, claim the mechanics are going to change, that we've seen 10% of the game,
I have already said that there was a miscommunication with your comments, "this is what you said the mechanics don't offer enough (from what I've seen) to allow for the gameplay to stay fresh." and then this is what I responded with "The mechanics of keeping the game going are going to change." My interpretation of your comment wasn't that 'the mechanics of the game' was just the movement mechanics, I took it instead as the mechanics of the whole game, ie: level making and all the other extras that will be in the game.
Make reference to the beta being free (as if any beta charges testers anyway) etc
You need to get over this comment, I have already explained why I said it.
It's quite easy to evaluate a game on its beta - because beta is almost identical to the final product.
The face of the game is almost identical to the final product, but depth wise and interactivley etc. the game is nowhere near it, sure you can see a few things of what this game will be like, but overall it is nothing more than a demo, with more bugs, and how many times do you think you can tell everything about a game from the demo.

You need to get over this comment, I have already explained why I said it.

Did you? I didn't see that post, please let me know your explanation.

The face of the game is almost identical to the final product, but depth wise and interactivley etc. the game is nowhere near it, sure you can see a few things of what this game will be like, but overall it is nothing more than a demo, with more bugs, and how many times do you think you can tell everything about a game from the demo.

Beta does not = demo.

Beta = full game.

You do not understand what a beta is.

More importantly, you do not think its possible to even predict how a game will pan out, even though tehre's been an absolute tonne of information regarding the game already released. this says more about your inability to make a decision or take a stance than anything.

Say what you will about LLD and myself, but at least we hvae the balls to state our opinions, whether they be proved wrong at a later date or not (i.e. LLD has obviously backed the wrong horse with the 360, but I respect him for at least trying).

Jeez your badgering on about this 'free' statement aren't you, I was saying it was free as they are not going to release a near full game for free, that is why it is a beta, because we are only getting a snippet.

If this is what you meant by free, you were blatantly wrong.

By the time a game hits open beta all of its features and content are designed, implemented and available. The only thing that is usually different, are some textures, maybe some bugs and lag is usually much worse on beta because they're stress-testing the servers. None of this has anything to do with my assesment on why I don't think this game will be GOTY.

Beta does not = demo.

Beta = full game.

You do not understand what a beta is...By the time a game hits open beta all of its features and content are designed, implemented and available. The only thing that is usually different, are some textures, maybe some bugs and lag is usually much worse on beta because they're stress-testing the servers. None of this has anything to do with my assesment on why I don't think this game will be GOTY.
So your telling me that LBP as a full game is going to be around about just 1GB in size?

A beta is as big as the developer wants it to be, the SOCOM beta I took part in last month was a 1.5GB download if memory serves me correct, and it was just 1 map and a few weapons, are you telling me that, that is going to be the full released game minus the bugs that were in it?
More importantly, you do not think its possible to even predict how a game will pan out, even though tehre's been an absolute tonne of information regarding the game already released. this says more about your inability to make a decision or take a stance than anything.

Say what you will about LLD and myself, but at least we have the balls to state our opinions, whether they be proved wrong at a later date or not (i.e. LLD has obviously backed the wrong horse with the 360, but I respect him for at least trying).
WTF, I have voiced my opinion on LBP, several times in fact, why the hell would I have said it will be a contender for GOTY? Is that not my opinion, or is that that a neutral statement?

I have stated I think the game will be awesome and am looking forward to it immensely, I just think that it is stupid to base an opinion of the game around the beta, unless you can actually play it first hand, which nobody on BigFooty apparently has.

So your telling me that LBP as a full game is going to be around about just 1GB in size?

Not at all, but a lot of that will be textures and audio files. The mechanics of the game will change only slightly, if at all. The mechanics of course being the number one reason why I don't think this game will be a contender for GOTY.

A beta is as big as the developer wants it to be, the SOCOM beta I took part in last month was a 1.5GB download if memory serves me correct, and it was just 1 map and a few weapons, are you telling me that, that is going to be the full released game minus the bugs that were in it?WTF, I have voiced my opinion on LBP, several times in fact, why the hell would I have said it will be a contender for GOTY? Is that not my opinion, or is that that a neutral statement?

So you think it will be GOTY based on what you've seen, but you think it's stupid for me to say it won't be GOTY based on the exact same info?

I have stated I think the game will be awesome and am looking forward to it immensely, I just think that it is stupid to base an opinion of the game around the beta, unless you can actually play it first hand, which nobody on BigFooty apparently has.

So in your opinion, basing an opinion of what we've seen is stupid - yet you do it yourself? You regularly do things that are stupid, do you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back