Top 5 Players in the APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever seen any of them play? No I didnt think so, so who do you think you are to judge? All three of them are amazing players. I might have exeggerated the stats slightly, but what are you gonna do about it.

dont they play in the 4ths? i dont really know them that well, but from what ive heard, theyre all fairly shit.

Stick 2 the pool Flyn Ryder (Findeisen) u wont even make the house footy team.
We'll Mr. Ticket Holder, for your information I quit swimming and am seeking a career as an AFL superstar. With a vertical leap ranking at the Yr.10 fitness testing of 202/201, my air superiority will soon be evident when I extend the dukes for GC17, which might I say have offered me an 11 year contract. Despite this, Essendon have shown extensive interest in me and have offered a complex trade which will result in Judd, Ablett, Bartel, Gavin Urquart and Westhoff ending up playing for the MGS 4th XVIII (Really usually the 4th XII due to poor turnout) Whilst myself and Paddy Ryder sell some serious candy for the Bombers.
That is all

dont they play in the 4ths? i dont really know them that well, but from what ive heard, theyre all fairly shit.
Wait, arent you that guy that somehow manged to get your left forehead cut up by the umpires whistle. This resulted in your Grand-parents taking several photos saying, Oh wow, your first real injury. Courageous footy that was. Say no more

Wait, arent you that guy that somehow manged to get your left forehead cut up by the umpires whistle. This resulted in your Grand-parents taking several photos saying, Oh wow, your first real injury. Courageous footy that was. Say no more

nah that was actually ohanlon15.

Jack Ziebell is surely on par with Watts...

Today was restricted to the forward 50 due to knee soreness yet still pulled a ripper from FF. Presented strong and could also be a future KP if he wanted to.

Will be one to watch because he is so versatile.

Now Lisle, he looked a bit sluggish yet still presented strong but couldn't really mark above his head:eek:? Also looked hungry but when your in a team like Carey's i guess there is no point in passing.

Jack Ziebell is surely on par with Watts...

Today was restricted to the forward 50 due to knee soreness yet still pulled a ripper from FF. Presented strong and could also be a future KP if he wanted to.

Will be one to watch because he is so versatile.

Now Lisle, he looked a bit sluggish yet still presented strong but couldn't really mark above his head:eek:? Also looked hungry but when your in a team like Carey's i guess there is no point in passing.

Ziebell did nothing all day apart from that "ripper from FF". I don't know why you think Lisle can't mark overhead either....took plenty from my recollection.

Surely after todays Xavier vs Skevs game both Noonan, Hannebery and Kennedy will be coming closer to the top 5. In my mind, there is no doubt that Hannebery is in there, and the display from Noonan up both ends of the ground was phenomenal. Kennedys versatility for a big man is unmatched, and showed today why he will be at Hawthorn next year. My revised top 5;

1. Watts
2. Vickery
3. Hannebery
4. Scully
5. Noonan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed and by no means being bias but Noonan Kennedy and Hannebery showed everyone just exactly what they are capable of, Noonan was a destroyer up forward, Kennedy played spectacularly and really stepped up with out Lees in the midfield and Hannebery was just incredible...absolutely ruined Cachia in every aspect of the game, broke his tag and along with Sam O'Sullivan were vital aspects in running that ball throughout the midfield as well as their attack into the forward line to Sibasado and Noonan.

I saw Watts against MGS on the weekend although he took some brilliant marks and always had at leats 2 MGS players on him, he missed some very easy shots early in the game and really lost BGS the game. Does he usually kick straight or is he the new Richo or Buddy?

Surely after todays Xavier vs Skevs game both Noonan, Hannebery and Kennedy will be coming closer to the top 5. In my mind, there is no doubt that Hannebery is in there, and the display from Noonan up both ends of the ground was phenomenal. Kennedys versatility for a big man is unmatched, and showed today why he will be at Hawthorn next year. My revised top 5;

1. Watts
2. Vickery
3. Hannebery
4. Scully
5. Noonan

kidding yourself. absolutely kidding yourself. you should be red-carded for that post alone. that is the biggest load of sh!t ever.

there are so many things wrong with that ill just state the most obvious points.

1. Hannebury and Noonan are not better than Zieball, who is an AA underage and on the ball in that team none-the-less. to not include him in the top 5 and to include hannebury and noonan is a joke.

2. Noonan will battle to get drafted. does he even play TAC?

3. Lisle, AA CHB. but yeh im sure hannebury and noonan are better than him :thumbsdown:

it just boggles the mind how you xavs think. you live in your own footy world. look outside it ffs. there were 5 APS all australian u18s and yet u dont mention 2 of them ahead of hannebury and noonan. ***, you are a *******.

kidding yourself. absolutely kidding yourself. you should be red-carded for that post alone. that is the biggest load of sh!t ever.

there are so many things wrong with that ill just state the most obvious points.

1. Hannebury and Noonan are not better than Zieball, who is an AA underage and on the ball in that team none-the-less. to not include him in the top 5 and to include hannebury and noonan is a joke.

2. Noonan will battle to get drafted. does he even play TAC?

3. Lisle, AA CHB. but yeh im sure hannebury and noonan are better than him :thumbsdown:

it just boggles the mind how you xavs think. you live in your own footy world. look outside it ffs. there were 5 APS all australian u18s and yet u dont mention 2 of them ahead of hannebury and noonan. ***, you are a *******.

Shit mate, think maybe you might have gone a bit far with that one. Perhaps you should get out a bit more, I don't think you need to concern yourself to that extent with my suggestion of a top 5... note suggestion dickweed.

Hannebery has been mentioned as being top 5 throughout this thread, and yes I believe he is legitimately in the top 5 in the APS. I did leave out Zieball and I apologise for that, the kid is a freak and is, no doubt, easily in the top 5 in the APS. Either way, go **** yourself.

I know all the little Carey ******s like to give a good gob to Lisle, but to tell you the truth his selection was absolute bullshit. Having said this, I concede that Noonan, perhaps, could be replaced by another player, however my post was a suggestion, you degenerate ****wit. Noonan has a family history at St. Kilda, and is definately a chance to get drafted, and perhaps if you read the papers occasionaly, you would have seen that he does get in the best for Sandringham, and was perhaps a little unlucky not to be picked in the intial Vic Metro squad at least.

Why don't we talk about your top 3 then champ? Lynch, Martin and Shaw. Sounds ****ing shit to me. In return, I have to question your intelligence as I believe this is a top 5 thread, not top 3. How the **** can you rate Shaw up there when he won't even get drafted? You are a joke, and whats more, a bloody hipocrite. Go play in traffic *******.

thats a bit "over the top"

1. watts (BGS)
2. ziebell (Caul)
3. cordy (GC)
4. lisle (carey)
5. woods (XC)

The question has to be asked: is this in APS matches or everything? Cos although Watts has killed it in the u18's, he's only kicked 2 goals in the last 2 weeks and didn't play too many games in term 2. He has obviously been checked very closely, but just as closely as tom hawkins back in the day and hawkins still kicked bags of goals. If it were only APS matches, then i don't think you can say watts is no. 1.

But overall, yes watts has to be no. 1. And based on overall it would have to be all the other AAs - Zieball, Vickery, Lisle and Scully

Good point RF, but I would just like to add, before I get kicked off this site, that Daniel Harangozo is a freak who would kick anyones ass in a push up contest and James Woods is quite possibly gay, but the scout who was asking after him yesterday didn't seem to care.

This year:
1. Tom Lynch (HC)
2. Jack Ziebell (CGS)
3. Tom Scully (HC)
4. Jack Watts (BGS)
5. Ayce Cordy (GC)
6. James Strauss (SC)
7. Tyrone Vickery (HC)
8. Kyle Martin (HC)
9. Taylor Duryea (CGS)
10. Jordan Lisle (CAR)

In the mix: Hannebury, Lees, Cachia, Bull, Hurley, Shaw, Andrews, Gilchrist, Kennedy, Smith, Rioli.

Ever:
1. Chris Judd (CGS)
2. Stuart Maxfield (CGS)
3. Chris Langford (MGS)
4. Sam Newman (GGS)
5. Stewart Loewe (HC)
6. Ryan O'Keefe (SKC)
7. James McDonald (XC)
8. Warwick Capper (BGS)
9. Chris Scott (SKC)
10. Josh Mahoney (SKC)

In the mix: Brendan Goddard (CGS), Campbell Brown (SC), Duncan Kellaway (CGS), Andrew Kellaway (CGS), Luke Ball (XC), Mark Chaffey (CGS), Brad Scott (SKC), Ted Richards (XC).
Would be there but don't know enough to comment: Edward Greeves (GC - 1924 Brownlow medal), John Schultz (CGS - 1960 Brownlow medal), Bill Morris (SC - 1948 Brownlow medal), Allan La Fontaine (SKC - Melbourne legend).

Best Sportsmen/women to come out of the APS:
1. Awesome Foursome (SC - Rowing)
2. Lindsay Hassett (GC - Cricket)
3. Matt Welsh (SC - Swimming)
4. Graham Yallop (CAR - Cricket)
5. Andrew Strauss (CGS - Cricket)
6. Chris Judd (CGS - AFL)
7. John Landy (GGS - Athletics)
8. Michael Klim (WC - Swimming)
9. Craig Mottram (GGS - Athletics)
10. Tamsyn Lewis (CGS - Athletics)

This year:
1. Tom Lynch (HC)
2. Jack Ziebell (CGS)
3. Tom Scully (HC)
4. Jack Watts (BGS)
5. Ayce Cordy (GC)
6. James Strauss (SC)
7. Tyrone Vickery (HC)
8. Kyle Martin (HC)
9. Taylor Duryea (CGS)
10. Jordan Lisle (CAR)

In the mix: Hannebury, Lees, Cachia, Bull, Hurley, Shaw, Andrews, Gilchrist, Kennedy, Smith, Rioli.

Ever:
1. Chris Judd (CGS)
2. Stuart Maxfield (CGS)
3. Chris Langford (MGS)
4. Sam Newman (GGS)
5. Stewart Loewe (HC)
6. Ryan O'Keefe (SKC)
7. James McDonald (XC)
8. Warwick Capper (BGS)
9. Chris Scott (SKC)
10. Campbell Brown (SC)

In the mix: Brendan Goddard (CGS), Josh Mahoney (SKC), Duncan Kellaway (CGS), Andrew Kellaway (CGS), Luke Ball (XC), Mark Chaffey (CGS), Brad Scott (SKC), Ted Richards (XC),
Would be there but don't know enough to comment: Edward Greeves (GC - 1924 Brownlow medal), John Schultz (CGS - 1960), Bill Morris (SC - 1948 Brownlow medal),

pains me to say it, as he's from xavs, but wouldnt luke ball have to feature in the top 10? also scored a truck load of runs in 2001 for xavs fist XI

This year:
1. Tom Lynch (HC)
2. Jack Ziebell (CGS)
3. Tom Scully (HC)
4. Jack Watts (BGS)
5. Ayce Cordy (GC)
6. James Strauss (SC)
7. Tyrone Vickery (HC)
8. Kyle Martin (HC)
9. Taylor Duryea (CGS)
10. Jordan Lisle (CAR)

Ever:
1. Chris Judd (CGS)
2. Stuart Maxfield (CGS)
3. Chris Langford (MGS)
4. Sam Newman (GGS)
5. Stewart Loewe (HC)
6. Ryan O'Keefe (SKC)
7. James McDonald (XC)
8. Warwick Capper (BGS)
9. Chris Scott (SKC)
10. Campbell Brown (SC)

In the mix: Brendan Goddard (CGS), Josh Mahoney (SKC), Duncan Kellaway (CGS), Andrew Kellaway (CGS), Luke Ball (XC), Mark Chaffey (CGS), Brad Scott (SKC), Ted Richards (XC),
Would be there but don't know enough to comment: Edward Greeves (GC - 1924 Brownlow medal), John Schultz (CGS - 1960), Bill Morris (SC - 1948 Brownlow medal),

just to add to that, Allan La Fontaine who i am informed attented st kevins a while back. pretty decent career:
Melbourne 1934 to 1942, 1945: 171 games, 77 goals
Melbourne captain 1936 to 1941
Melbourne coach 1949 to 1951
Melbourne best and fairest 1935, 1936, 1941, 1942
Victorian representative 2 matches
He was captain of Melbourne during their hat-trick of premierships in 1939, 1940 and 1941 and was inducted into the AFL hall of fame.

you got to be careful with some of these older guys, because the likes of campbell brown will never match these efforts by the older guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back