Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Trial of Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

'The 24-year-old was killed while walking her dog on Wangetti Beach, 40km north of Cairns, on Sunday afternoon between 2pm and 2.30pm'

I wonder how the time Toyah was killed was determined, whether it could have been later than that in which case Toyah could have sent the text. Maybe it was meant for a friend and she accidentally sent it to Marco?

Or it was Singh who sent the text, after gathering information from her phone.

I wonder how the time Toyah was killed was determined, whether it could have been later than that in which case Toyah could have sent the text. Maybe it was meant for a friend and she accidentally sent it to Marco?

Or is Singh an accomplice to someone else?

Or maybe she was being held captive and was asked to dictate to him, a text by her captor, to make it look like BAU for her plans for the rest of the day, and she decided to send the one she did to try and get Marco's attention that something was wrong, by including material in it that would have Marco concerned enough to try and find her ASAP.

Or maybe she was being held captive and was asked to dictate to him, a text by her captor, to make it look like BAU for her plans for the rest of the day, and she decided to send the one she did to try and get Marco's attention that something was wrong, by including material in it that would have Marco concerned enough to try and find her ASAP.

It's her time of death though that makes it look like Singh probably sent the text message. That's why I was asking if we know how her time of death was determined to be between 2.00 and 2.30pm, forty seven minutes before the text was sent at 3.17pm.

Here it is from an earlier post:

'“Investigators are relying upon DNA evidence that links Mr Singh to her homicide,” Goan said.'

'“There is some other evidence, including telephone evidence, that suggests the movement of her mobile phone, with Mr Singh’s phone in proximity, that travelled to the western side of Cairns.

“As a result of that, other investigations were conducted and an arrest warrant was issued for him.”

It's her time of death though that makes it look like Singh probably sent the text message. That's why I was asking if we know how her time of death was determined to be between 2.00 and 2.30pm, forty seven minutes before the text was sent at 3.17pm.
Hopefully the mobile phone towers data between Cairns and Port Douglas that day was/is frequent and useable enough to clearly track the movements and timings of all POIs and suspects known to be at or driving to/from and past that location.

Any available Satellite info that can pick up the individual cars clearly enough would be handy too.

When would the defence normally be provided with this data in relation to Toyah's boyfriend (Marco)'s movements that day and night?

The defence possibly did not have this data for the first two days of the pre-trial hearings, and will have it between now and the early June final day currently scheduled for pre trial-hearings?

Last edited:
Here's a link to the 2021 Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal case disqualifying Franklin Jnr from being a registered health practitioner for 4 years as a result of his proven possession of child pr0n case.

“He told police that he was attracted to petite females and that attraction “cascaded” to younger girls”
and
“He admitted to rape fantasies in relation to children and other sadistic thoughts.”

Sounds like a sicko to me.

Last edited:
The Cairns post today has a whole lot of additional info I don't think has been reported (or reported with as much detail) or posted elsewhere in the media or this thread, on the cross examination's at the pre-trial hearing this week.

It is reported that there were 10 witnesses cross-examined.

'Barrister Angus Edwards KC grills Marco Heidenreich, Joel Cuman over events on day of Toyah Cordingley’s alleged murder at pre-trial hearing

Toyah Cordingley’s boyfriend has had his alibi rigorously tested by high profile defence barrister Angus Edwards KC for the afternoon Toyah was allegedly murdered.

Bronwyn Farr

May 2, 2024 - 11:00AM
More than 10 witnesses were cross-examined by Mr Edwards and co-counsel Brydie Bilic

Toyah’s boyfriend Marco Heidenreich previously told the court he went from their shared Woree home to Port Douglas about 2pm, picked up his friend Joel Cuman, and they hiked to Spring Creek Falls at Mowbray, 60km north of Cairns.

Mr Cuman took eight photographs during the hike, including pictures of Mr Heidenreich with his dog Jersey, who vanished in the scrubland.
That meant Mr Heidenreich and Mr Cuman searched for Jersey until after dark, when they went to the homes of two nearby friends and borrowed torches to continue searching
Mr Angus grilled Mr Cuman about the trip to Spring Creek Falls, and took him to task saying he hadn’t mentioned to police that he had returned to Spring Creek Falls on October 23 and retrieved Jersey.

He asked both Mr Heidenreich and Mr Cuman about a particular image depicting Mr Heidenreich walking in what he said was a dry river bed with his dog.

Mr Edwards asked Mr Cuman if he was aware the metadata of mobile phone images – the date, time, and location – could be altered.

Mr Cuman said he wasn’t aware of that.
He was asked if he had changed the metadata, and said he hadn’t.

“Is it not the case you went alone to Spring Creek Falls and Marco went somewhere else,” Mr Edwards asked.
“No,” Mr Cuman said.

Mr Cuman agreed he knew police were interested in Mr Heidenreich’s movements at that time.
Mr Edwards said despite this, he did not mention the photographs in his statement to police on October 23.
“I did remember them the next day and I mentioned them,” Mr Cuman said.
The court heard he sent the images to a police officer via text.

Mr Edwards asked if he gave his police statement before or after he went back to Spring Creek Falls on October 23 and Mr Cuman said he could not recall.

Mr Edwards asked what Mr Heidenreich’s demeanour was about the missing dog.
“He seemed upset, yes,” Mr Cuman said.
“What way did that upset express itself,” Mr Edwards asked.
“He was upset, and additionally, he couldn’t get hold of Toyah, which was stressing him the hell out,” Mr Cuman said.

A man described to the court as a very close friend of Toyah, Rick De Jong, agreed in his last conversations with Toyah she was exploring the idea of living alone.
He agreed with Mr Edwards it was true he had the impression “the grand concept was that she would break up with Marco and live by herself”.
“Even though she didn’t say those words,” Mr Edwards said.
“Yes,” Mr De Jong said.
Toyah’s friend Claudia Kelly gave evidence Toyah told her in a telephone call she had a new friend and he was a podiatrist but she would not have shared more personal detail in a text, it would have been in an in person conversation.
“It wouldn’t be something she would just randomly text,” Ms Kelly said.
She said Toyah was usually home between 4pm and 5pm, feeding her animals and beginning to prepare dinner.
In a text on October 18, Toyah told Mr Franklin “when my partner got home, he said I seemed different and asked if I was still happy, he said he was scared of losing me and me being with someone else … so in that sense him an I have a connection, he is a good person, I wasn’t telling the truth, he sensed the change in me,” the court heard.
...'

This is all very interesting, and on the surface appears a bit...dodgy - but I'm more interested in what they have on Singh. Articles mentioned 'two bits of DNA evidence' and 'phone evidence'. I saw one explanation for the DNA, which I won't repeat here, as no link or supporting evidence was provided.
The 1 mil reward has been paid out, which I didn't realise.
Have the 'family of four', seen having a picnic at the beach come forward?
What's the story with the dog/s - were there two, one with the boyfriend and one with TC?
Did the pair of males broken down on the side of the road ever come forward?

This is all very interesting, and on the surface appears a bit...dodgy - but I'm more interested in what they have on Singh. Articles mentioned 'two bits of DNA evidence' and 'phone evidence'. I saw one explanation for the DNA, which I won't repeat here, as no link or supporting evidence was provided.
The 1 mil reward has been paid out, which I didn't realise.
Have the 'family of four', seen having a picnic at the beach come forward?
What's the story with the dog/s - were there two, one with the boyfriend and one with TC?
Did the pair of males broken down on the side of the road ever come forward?
I think they did find the two males from memory but didn’t hear if the family ever came forward.
TC’s BF had one dog with him that day and Toyah had another with her.

Definitely strange coincidences with the BF but I’ve been thinking about this a lot. The type of crime and horrific injuries makes me think that it would less likely be the BF and more so a stranger.

Definitely strange coincidences with the BF but I’ve been thinking about this a lot. The type of crime and horrific injuries makes me think that it would less likely be the BF and more so a stranger.
The police called the attack 'personal and intimate', which I found a bit odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand India press had Singh confessing to stabbing Toyah but I've never seen anything in our own press to confirm that.

If it's true she was stabbed, that's something only the killer would know and it goes against him.

If Toyah wasn't stabbed, Singh will want his India confession to go in as proof it was a false confession. If she was stabbed, the prosecution will want it in.

I understand India press had Singh confessing to stabbing Toyah but I've never seen anything in our own press to confirm that.

If it's true she was stabbed, that's something only the killer would know and it goes against him.

If Toyah wasn't stabbed, Singh will want his India confession to go in as proof it was a false confession. If she was stabbed, the prosecution will want it in.
Yes the complete turn around is interesting if he confessed and then changed to being a witness/victim. How TC was murdered will be telling.

That still doesn’t rule out the possibility of him witnessing the incident and then fleeing the country for his own ‘safety’.

not sure how anyone can even question it's not singh with the DNA evidence they have. slam drunk

not sure how anyone can even question it's not singh with the DNA evidence they have. slam drunk
Imagine you tried to give CPR to someone who you had just witnessed or come across that had been stabbed.

Your DNA would end up on victim and around the crime scene and be evidence Police could use to prosecute you for a murder you did not commit.

Seeing as how we haven't yet seen the nature and extent of the DNA evidence, let alone the agreed facts of the Police prosecution case, or even given the defence the benefit of time and process to defend their client for the murder of Toyah, the only slam drink at the moment, is the one on you.

Imagine you tried to give CPR to someone who you had just witnessed or come across that had been stabbed.

Your DNA would end up on victim and around the crime scene and be evidence Police could use to prosecute you for a murder you did not commit.

Seeing as how we haven't yet seen the nature and extent of the DNA evidence, let alone the agreed facts of the Police prosecution case, or even given the defence the benefit of time and process to defend their client for the murder of Toyah, the only slam drink at the moment, is the one on you.

what is wrong with you dude? clearly you don't follow the case at all his DNA was on the victim in a sexual related crime. (police words). this trying to find a out for a murder is just next level,

few is spot on user name, few sheep missing up top.

what is wrong with you dude? clearly you don't follow the case at all his DNA was on the victim in a sexual related crime. (police words)

few is spot on user name, few sheep missing up top.
The DNA was on the victim. (Edit: Police have not even said this).
The crime was allegedly a sexually motivated crime.

Did the Police ever actually say that his DNA was found on any intimate parts of her body?

Quotes from Police please for further debate.

Last edited:
'Police said her injuries were “visible” and “violent”, and told the community they were potentially seeking a man in connection with a “sexually-related” murder.

If we’re dealing with a potentially sexually related murder, which commonsensically we may be, we may well be dealing with a male,” Detective Senior Sergeant Ed Kinbacher said at the time.'
There is nothing in the above reported quote from Police that says that there was any evidence of a sexual assault on Toyah.

Remind me again if Singh has even been charged with sexual assault, or even sexually interfering with her body after she was murdered?

Nope. Only alleged murder.

I would have thought that if DNA of Singh was found on Toyah's intimate parts, that he would have been charged with sexual assault as well, unless Police have evidence that there was consensual sexual activity between Toyah and Singh prior to her being allegedly murdered by Singh.

The DNA was on the victim.
Police haven't even said this. (in any public statements)

All I can find they have said about the DNA was that DNA of Singh was found at the crime scene linking Singh to her (alleged) homicide. Nothing more specific about the DNA evidence than this.

'Acting Superintendent Kevin Goan told the court Mr Singh was arrested in India in November 2022 on suspicion of the murder of Ms Cordingley, 24, on October 20, 2018.
“The case relies on DNA evidence which links Mr Singh to her (alleged) homicide.'

The crime scene in this case probably extends all the way from the car park to the beach and surrounds around where Toyah was found buried.

The DNA might be just from an orange peel, cigarette butt, or drinking bottle discarded 50 metres from where Toyah was found buried, or in the beach parking area, or a rubbish bin there. Placing the accused at the general "crime scene".

Not to forget that the accused's DNA or fingerprints might have been found on one or more of the nearby Lake Placid/Caravonica items police found that were reported to have been found and were being analysed. These items could have included the murder weapon, or pieces of clothing (Toyah's or his own) that the murderer might have used as makeshift gloves when moving or partially burying Toyah in the beach sand.

'...
Queensland police said they have expanded their investigation further south of the beach where Toyah's body was found.

Detective Inspector Sonia Smith said items relevant to the investigation were found during a search of the Cairns suburbs of Lake Placid and Caravonica, over the weekend.

"We found a number of items. I am not able to go into those exact [details of those] items but they will form part of our investigation," she said.
...'

The crime scene in this case probably extends all the way from the car park to the beach and surrounds around where Toyah was found buried.

The DNA might be just from an orange peel, cigarette butt, or drinking bottle discarded 50 metres from where Toyah was found buried, or in the beach parking area, or a rubbish bin there. Placing the accused at the general "crime scene".

Not to forget that the accused's DNA or fingerprints might have been found on one or more of the nearby Lake Placid/Caravonica items police found that were reported to have been found and were being analysed. These items could have included the murder weapon, or pieces of clothing (Toyah's or his own) that the murderer might have used as makeshift gloves when moving or partially burying Toyah in the beach sand.

'...
Queensland police said they have expanded their investigation further south of the beach where Toyah's body was found.

Detective Inspector Sonia Smith said items relevant to the investigation were found during a search of the Cairns suburbs of Lake Placid and Caravonica, over the weekend.

"We found a number of items. I am not able to go into those exact [details of those] items but they will form part of our investigation," she said.
...'
I can’t get my head around it. It’s strange that the BF lost his dog on the day of TC’s murder and spent hours into the night looking but didn’t find him, then found him two days later. The whole sending/missing the text message is even stranger. Then you have the sicko TC has just met (although would have a solid alibi if he was flying at the time.) All of this going on and then TC allegedly randomly gets murdered by a stranger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back