Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone affiliated with the Hawks.

They are very keen on Wingard but don’t have the pick and don’t want to release players so it’s not an easy get for them in anyway BUT it’s the hawks they generally find away if they need to
That sucks, but even if the hawks manage to pull it off it just means we need to execute Plan C and get Kelly, given that we've clearly got a warchest, happy to trade picks and are (close to) having good players nominate us.

Apparently Wingards manager was seen with hawks list manager today.

Barrett saying we are favourites to land him.

Would you accept pick 15/16 for Wingard ?? Because that’s what the Hawks have to offer this year, which doesn’t help Port get what they want in return.

Be interesting to see how all this plays out...

Poort supporters be like....

4868277.jpg

Its funny, 'cos its true!

Last edited:
Big difference between 7 and 16 in this draft.

Hawks would need to throw in next years first as well. That's going to leave a big hole in that age cohort.

I wouldn't be selling the farm just because the Hawks want to cling onto their window.

We can hit the draft hard and next year go for Kelly, Whitfield, Scully etc with the cash we are not spending.

Last edited:
If hawks want him bad enough they'll find a way up the draft. The hustled hard for O'Meara.
Saying that, so can we.

I still can't believe They got Mitchell for pick 14 and Port want more than Pick 7 for Wingard.

How many days till trade period? :'(

Wouldn’t mind Roughead as a backup forward / coach as a replacement for Red. Remember when Stevie J was cooked before his first season at the giants when he kicked 40+ goals. Plus, Imagine the stuff he’d be able to teach Boyd and Schache. If we can get him cheap it’d be well worth.

Don’t mind picking up Lloyd either but would much rather Stengle.

McGovern would be the best though... (apart from Wingard obviously)

I loved the idea of Having Roughy as an on field coach for Boyd and Schach, but not sure if it will happen. Don't know much about Stengle but love the idea of Wingard. Its hard to keep my finger on the pulse from the NT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big difference between 7 and 16 in this draft.

Hawks would need to throw in next years first as well. That's going to leave a big hole in that age cohort.

I wouldn't be selling the farm just because the Hawks want to cling onto their window.

We can hit the draft hard and next year go for Kelly, Whitfield, Scully etc with the cash we are not spending.

Agree. Either we get Wingard or the Hawks over pay. Win/win. I dont really care if we get Wingard tbh because I think hes asking too much salary-wise for my liking.

Boggles my mind why Jong was resigned so quickly when there are plenty of depth options around for mid/forwards and the need for draft points

Petroro manages four Hawks players, as well as a bunch of ours, including Trengove. Would be amazed if every prominent agent wasn’t meeting with every club tbh.
That's what I don't understand when agents meet with someone. Unless they only have one client then who the hell knows what the conversation is about

Bloody Hawks. If he nominates them they will get him in somehow.

Port won't risk losing him for nothing
Surely Wingard looks at the age profile of Hawthorn and realises theyre about to fall of a cliff majorly. Like a decade in the footy wilderness kind of cliff.

Would be crazy to choose them

Surely Wingard looks at the age profile of Hawthorn and realises theyre about to fall of a cliff majorly. Like a decade in the footy wilderness kind of cliff.

Would be crazy to choose them

Hawks have the second best coach in Australia

They won’t be gone for a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back