Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from my perspective.
He's a good player but two top ten picks?
Nah. Not even for Carlton.

Personally I'd baulk at a straight 1-5 pick swap for Shiel.
I'd do 7 straight up though.

7 is about the sweet spot for Shiel. Single pick straight up is about right.

Rather Kelly, as they are in cap problems, it could happen.

Most overpaid player ever
No. He’s a star

Scully signed a contract recently an extension for average wages. It was because they paid the full contract and he knew his teammates got a lot less than him.

Scully isn't the one on big money. They will need to lose Shiel and someone.... not sure who that someone is.

I think he’s still on pretty good money.

Scully is close to the most underrated player in the league. His running ability is so so much better than anyone else in the league, he's been unbelievable to watch live the last two season. Him missing most of this year really hurt gws. Star

This. He is probably the best runner in the game. He runs flat out for 4 quarters. Extraordinary athlete

Would be stoked with either Shiel or Scully. Both are stars. Wouldn't offer more than our first pick straight though. Think we can find value all over the field this year through a bit of shrewd trading.

Me too. Perfect fits because they’re great players

scully is not a star and i would be extremely angry if we gave our first rounder for him. An above average top 50-100 in the league player

Not problems trading a first rounder for shiel

Scully is better than Shiel.

I don’t feel Scully is a need, he’d be luxury at the moment. Shiel has pace and bursts packs something we lack

Scully is a better runner

Scully is the best runner in the league bar absolutely none and his disposal is fantastic. Watching him play live is a must for anyone who doesn't rate him. Freak. Would slot in very well in our midfield. Understand why people don't agree though.
This this this

Two first rounders for Kelly is fine as he’s a top 5 player in the comp but Shiel’s probably a top 30 player I don’t think players like that have ever demanded two high picks. In 2016 Shiel came 6th in the best and fairest and 4th last year. He’s a good player and someone that would definitely help the team but he’s not a top liner yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS arent bad to deal with. Gave us Boyd for a cooked Griffen and pick 6, before we knew Boyd was gonna be a bust.
Griffen making the powers open their eyes, got us Beveridge otherwise we would be cracking in without a host of our current
stars who would have left making the situation worse. Pick 6 was because we got caught, no medical cause he is off pig
shooting still have a laugh over that one.

Scrag-City honorary hyphen for that one.:thumbsu:

Gia will coach the VFL team next year.

Dahlhaus-roughead gone basically as reported.

Wallis has a 4 year offer from Essendon and Brisbane and 3 from us. Not over the line yet.

Also made mention of the potential couple of experienced free agents coming to the club to cover the Dahl/roughead loss of experience. Doesn't seem like they'll be sexy names though.

Last edited:
GWS arent bad to deal with. Gave us Boyd for a cooked Griffen and pick 6, before we knew Boyd was gonna be a bust.
But GWS probably had an insight into Boyd after a year on their list. So they thought they were making like burglars in that deal.
Next thing we know is Griffen is hobbled by injury, Marchbank (#6) is off to Carlton and Boyd helps win us a PF over GWS and then a premiership cup.

Karma.

Gia will coach the VFL team next year.

Dahlhaus-roughead gone basically as reported.

Wallis has a 4 year offer from Essendon and Brisbane and 3 from us. Not over the line yet.

Also made mention of the potential couple of experienced free agents coming to the club to cover the Dahl/roughead loss of experience. Doesn't seem like they'll be sexy names though.
If we lose Dahlhaus because we aren't willing to pay him a reasonable wage, then pick up a much lesser player as a free agent for a market value wage, I'll spew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scully is criminally underrated in here.

One of the first picked, at a club with close to the most midfield depth and talent - would walk into every side in the competition.

Just because he was grossly overpaid early, people seem blind to his improvement.

I don't really get why any player wouldn't want to play for the Bulldogs. We're clearly the most likeable club. Other clubs suck.

If I was Josh Kelly I'd be like "wow I can pretty much play for whoever I want on good money, obviously I'll choose the Bulldogs". But some players don't seem to think like this?

Other people are just weird in my experience....

If we lose Dahlhaus because we aren't willing to pay him a reasonable wage, then pick up a much lesser player as a free agent for a market value wage, I'll spew.
I think everyone knows my view on the dahlhaus situation and I won't drum that up again. Just repeating my news from the horse's mouth this morning.

One of the first picked, at a club with close to the most midfield depth and talent - would walk into every side in the competition.

Just because he was grossly overpaid early, people seem blind to his improvement.
Spot on. He was ok early on, but in the last 3 years he has been elite. Elite elite elite. Elite runner, elite disposal. If I thought he was available I’d go harder at him than almost anyone except Kelly. Great age for our list too.

Spot on. He was ok early on, but in the last 3 years he has been elite. Elite elite elite. Elite runner, elite disposal. If I thought he was available I’d go harder at him than almost anyone except Kelly. Great age for our list too.

Little worried about injuries, but perhaps that just comes with the territory after the last few years here. Gun player. Instantly makes our midfield better.

I don't really get why any player wouldn't want to play for the Bulldogs. We're clearly the most likeable club. Other clubs suck.

If I was Josh Kelly I'd be like "wow I can pretty much play for whoever I want on good money, obviously I'll choose the Bulldogs". But some players don't seem to think like this?

What we all have to realise is that trade period is five or six weeks away. All the garbage being spewed forth by the med-jah right now is just that. Rumour upon rumour upon muckraking upon speculation.

Played one decent game and one pretty good game. I'd still consider him a bust. Two games doesnt equate to a good career. That's not to say I wouldn't still take that deal in hindsight. I'd take two decent games and and otherwise mediocre career from Boyd and a flag rather than neither.
Your a hard marker 62 years is a bloody long time!

He might have read what we say on BF about our players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back