Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me the latest on Adams?

Assuming since we signed Morris that he'll be leaving.

I think a lot of us (or maybe just me) are over it.

If he wants to go and continues to stuff the club around with idle threats year after year, trade him. Another club can nurse him through his annual 6-8 week injuries.

I think a lot of us (or maybe just me) are over it.

If he wants to go and continues to stuff the club around with idle threats year after year, trade him. Another club can nurse him through his annual 6-8 week injuries.
I'm in agreement on Adams. It seems to come up every year and if there's some truth to the rumours then we should cut our losses and trade him. But equally I guess the rumours could be bullshit and continually brought up only because of his first year homesickness by a muck raking media that'd rather be first than right.

I am pretty sure we have drifted out to $2.10. Port outright favourites to keep him and provide an extension lower than our offer.
Nah they're shopping him harder than an Aldi special buys sale on Saturday morning. They're trying to sell him off to the highest bidder last I heard.

I recall someone saying that club has told him yet again recently that he is required and contracted.

Hope that's the case he makes us a better side and yes we are hedging our bets his injuries are a thing of the past

We live in interesting times now King. A person can say "I don't like AFLW" and the response can be "I hold a different view" or there can be outrage. These days, cue outrage every time. Seems the same on this board now, hold a different viewpoint and you get back a short sharp discourse on how stupid you are. The garden is good therapy.
No problem with anyone saying they don't like AFLW but when they say woman shouldn't play football or that if they do they shouldn't have tackling I will certainly counter that opinion\argument.

I'm in agreement on Adams. It seems to come up every year and if there's some truth to the rumours then we should cut our losses and trade him. But equally I guess the rumours could be bullshit and continually brought up only because of his first year homesickness by a muck raking media that'd rather be first than right.

We're in furious agreement on this one.

The ironic thing is while journalist work themselves into a frenzy over exclusives the general public would by far and away prefer they actually got it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah they're shopping him harder than an Aldi special buys sale on Saturday morning. They're trying to sell him off to the highest bidder last I heard.

Given Port are pro-actively trying to move him, I doubt they're outright favourites.

There are other things going on at Port. More turmoil than our club.

Also:
SA will have some good prospects next year too. Without being able to access the top 5 picks, Port may decide to wait a year.

We need a Libba poll. Will he stay or go?
Spoke to one of libbas mates last night and he told me he'd love to be playing till his 30s. So all that stuff about him wanting to leave are just lies.
He's been rehabbing and his knees in pretty good knick.

This is one of libbas good friends so I hope his right.

Spoke to one of libbas mates last night and he told me he'd love to be playing till his 30s. So all that stuff about him wanting to leave are just lies.
He's been rehabbing and his knees in pretty good knick.

This is one of libbas good friends so I hope his right.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Libba wants to be a Bulldog for some time yet.
As long as he returns from his break having met the criteria set out by the club, he will have some paperwork to sign.

With the Wingard situation, is Port happy to keep him next year? That will drive his price in a trade. If they get into negotiations with a club, are they genuinely prepared to walk away and keep him on the list if the appropriate deal doesn’t eventuate?

For example, we all knew that Stringer was going to be traded, even if it was at the last second. Could be a bluff game.

Could it be that port have a free agent lined up next year and won't end up with a band 1 compo?
Possibly, or maybe it's that band 1 compo could end up in the teens if next year goes to plan for them, which is much less than they're likely to get this year.

You have to wonder if this is a pre-emptive move to stave off FA or there is something more to it than is publicly known.

Either way Wingard wins as he his going to be richly remunerated. However there is nothing to say that he will be highly motivated considering all of the scuttlebutt seems to be emanating directly from Port and not his management as is the norm when a trade is player initiated. Indeed all of the talk from Wingards camp indicates a preference to remain at Port. Caveat emptor.

I think we had his cousin come back Yesterday and say that what he had previously said were his thoughts and he hadn't actually spoken to Marcus recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays. It is a bit like JJ. Any time there is a West Aussie on a Melbourne list they are often talked about as potential trades. Whether it is a reality or not who knows.

I find it hard to imagine Marcus not at least having some mates at the club as has been suggested. He was at least at High School a nice bloke, fairly easy going as well.

I suppose we will see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back