Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit I don't always conduct myself in the most polite manner, but what about that mattdougie guy? I can barely read his posts because of how negative and condescending they are, yet doesn't seem to get much criticism.

I dunno if this is sarcasm but he is probably the most criticised member off the Bulldogs forum. The only reason he doesn’t get as much as you might expect is because so many have him muted. I’d suggest you ease off a bit unless you want to go the same way as he has, every second post in the thread over the last few days has been you arguing with someone about something stupid.

I dunno if this is sarcasm but he is probably the most criticised member off the Bulldogs forum. The only reason he doesn’t get as much as you might expect is because so many have him muted. I’d suggest you ease off a bit unless you want to go the same way as he has, every second post in the thread over the last few days has been you arguing with someone about something stupid.
What's wrong with arguing? The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion, and some discussions take the form of an argument. You can't expect me to mindlessly agree with everything, certainly not posts like:
Three way swap with Collingwood and Sydney

Sydney get:
Moore

Collingwood get:
Adams

Dogs get:
pick 12

What seems to be the latest with Roughy? Increasingly warming to the idea of having him sign a small-coin two year deal with us. Would prefer this to him leaving for 3rd round compo. Provides depth of a better quality than Campbell/anyone we'd likely obtain to replace him.

Also seems like he may not be getting much interest from other clubs?

What seems to be the latest with Roughy? Increasingly warming to the idea of having him sign a small-coin two year deal with us. Would prefer this to him leaving for 3rd round compo. Provides depth of a better quality than Campbell/anyone we'd likely obtain to replace him.

As poor as he's been in the ruck, his around the ground work hasn't been that bad, and is still very capable of taking a mark. I know not everyone will agree, but I prefer him in the team ahead of Tom Boyd in the secondary ruck/forward role.

Maybe he just needs an injury free run to come good again.

The $8m for 6 years offer from the Saints to Dylan Shiel is massive considering there is a strong argument that he isn’t even in the top 3 mids at his current club. #AFLTrade

What's wrong with arguing? The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion, and some discussions take the form of an argument. You can't expect me to mindlessly agree with everything, certainly not posts like:

Nothing wrong with disagreeing but you’re getting into petty arguments and personal feuds constantly. I’m just saying take it easy, the importance of tap outs is not an argument worth involving so much emotion and ego.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing but you’re getting into petty arguments and personal feuds constantly. I’m just saying take it easy, the importance of tap outs is not an argument worth involving so much emotion and ego.
Why don't you tell that to the guy who's been bringing it up every day for the last week, including in the draft thread where it wasn't even relevant?

Why don't you tell that to the guy who's been bringing it up every day for the last week, including in the draft thread where it wasn't even relevant?

If I saw him repeatedly getting in similar arguments I would. That’s not the case though.

I’m not looking to get involved in another one here though so I’ll leave it at that.

Maybe he just needs an injury free run to come good again.
This statement is true of at least a quarter of our list unfortunately.

The real question is which ones to persevere with. The common assumption here has been that Roughy is not worth persevering with. At 27 (soon 28) he shouldn't be on the physical scrap heap but but he might only have a couple of years of good footy left.

BY contrast Boyd is still young, has shown at least a couple of games of high quality and, dare I say it, maybe he just needs an injury free run to come good again. Bevo made comments earlier this year suggesting he thinks Boyd's best footy is still in front of him.

I wouldn't be too concerned if we did extend Roughy though. No reason why they can't both be on the list over the next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody takes issue with debate. Nobody expects anyone to mindlessly agree with anything. People take issue when attempts at debate are just crude attempts at shutting it down or otherwise inflaming things.

It's a long offseason. People will post things that aren't going to happen, just to keep things going. There's no need to to start firing shots from the get go because you don't like certain posts. 99.9% of these hypothetical trades, won't happen, and they range from realistic to flat out impossible, but the alternative is...Posts about us and big fish? Stringer? Sam Power? Dahl and Libba's instagram accounts? Threads can get a lot worse than people under/overvaluing players in trade hypotheticals. There's a whole lot of time between now and round one next year that has to be filled somehow, and that time will go a lot more smoothly if everyone actually engages each other respectfully, no matter how much we disagree with some posts.

Mate the last I heard was that he was impressed by the Eagles and favoured a move there. Quite possibly is more advanced that what the media know.
Not sure if the Lobb story has complicated things since.

This statement is true of at least a quarter of our list unfortunately.

The real question is which ones to persevere with. The common assumption here has been that Roughy is not worth persevering with. At 27 (soon 28) he shouldn't be on the physical scrap heap but but he might only have a couple of years of good footy left.

BY contrast Boyd is still young, has shown at least a couple of games of high quality and, dare I say it, maybe he just needs an injury free run to come good again. Bevo made comments earlier this year suggesting he thinks Boyd's best footy is still in front of him.

I wouldn't be too concerned if we did extend Roughy though. No reason why they can't both be on the list over the next couple of years.
Ever since that Melbourne game where Neville Jetta outmarked him like 5-6 times despite being 21cm shorter, I lost all faith. Boyd just has no hard edge to his game.

Imagine paying Shiel more than we pay Bont :drunk:

Don't see this one going anywhere to be honest. Half of the Victorian clubs are being linked with this bloke and I doubt we're stupid enough to jump into a bidding war for him, especially as he's a greater need for Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn who have about 6 midfielders between them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back