Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams to Brisbane is interesting (as reported on the AFL website). Seems odd after signing an extension with the club but that seems part of the new ‘strategy’ of player managers and list managers.

Sorry if going over old ground but does this move imply some upset over treatment of his injuries (given homesickness can presumably be ruled out in this scenario) or concern over not getting games (which would seem odd, as I’d have thought fully fit he was a clear starter).

Time to work out the best deal now. Ideas for players? Pick 22 too high perhaps and Pick 40 is not enough.

This is good, Brisbane will pay significantly more than Collingwood will. We should target their second round pick.

We can then on trade for someone else.

Time to work out the best deal now. Ideas for players? Pick 22 too high perhaps and Pick 40 is not enough.

If Adams goes I think we need to upgrade the Dahl compo pick with Adams trade to get another top 15 pick before West is bid on

2x top 15 picks plus West. West will be paid for with Roughy compo and our 2x 3rd rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Adams goes I think we need to upgrade the Dahl compo pick with Adams trade to get another top 15 pick before West is bid on

2x top 15 picks plus West. West will be paid for with Roughy compo and our 2x 3rd rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How will we do that though, we’ve had so many blokes leave the list this year. It’s probably more in our interest to retain the two second rounders.

How has player movement come to this?

If the reports are correct, a player with two years left on his contract has clearly been negotiating with another club whilst under contract and believes he is in a position to nominate a club he wants to go at the exclusion of any other club that may be interested.

I’d prefer to keep Adams but if he is insistent on leaving then you go on the market son and you’ll be sold to the higest bidder.

If the reports are correct, a player with two years left on his contract has clearly been negotiating with another club whilst under contract and believes he is in a position to nominate a club he wants to go at the exclusion of any other club that may be interested.

I’d prefer to keep Adams but if he is insistent on leaving then you go on the market son and you’ll be sold to the higest bidder.

Lol no he doesn’t coz he has a contract he stays or goes where he wants.

Players have the power and I’m pretty sure no bulldog fan sooked about Schache leaving Brisbane under contract

If the Pies are looking for a one-on-one defender to take on the likes of Kennedy and Darling, is Adams really the person they should be looking to?

Before he came back from injury this year my recollection of Adams was that he was reliable in one-on-one marking contests, but I'm sure there was a couple of games this year when he was well and truly exposed and knocked off the ball quite easily for a guy of his size.

Yet there seems to be a fair bit of sympathy for Adams. I see a player that has been carried through three heavily injury interrupted seasons and now wants to walk out on a contract with a few years left.

Makes no sense .. Brisbane have no need for him .. seems they are just throwing money at every player who may be available
Adams is best 22 at most clubs when fit, picking him up for a second rounder is a no brainer I would think (though a 4 year contract holds some risk if he struggles with injury). I'll be sad to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be great if we can end up with pick 19 and 20 from Adams and Dahl leaving!

Will give us a great hand going into trade week.

More likely we get mid 20's for Dahl IMO, which I'm not fussed about as it seems a good chance the pick is just getting eaten by West anyway and we lose a few hundred points. The benefit of finishing so low on the ladder.

Adams is difficult. Can't see anyone paying a top 20 pick for a bloke with his injury record. He is no O'Meara talent wise.

Personally Id be ok with a pick in the 20-30 range which is unders for ability but overs on output. If the Pies choose him then you'd think they'd offer their second pick which is likely to end up in the 40s. That doesn't excite. Would prefer a player who meets our needs and isn't injury prone from the Pies but can't think of any. Perhaps a deal from Pies might be Adams and our third next yr for their second this yr and next yr (ie likely two picks in the late 30s/40s).

Last edited:
Lol no he doesn’t coz he has a contract he stays or goes where he wants.

Players have the power and I’m pretty sure no bulldog fan sooked about Schache leaving Brisbane under contract
Hardly surprising supporters are biased in favour of their own club........

Sam Collins is a lock at the suns with their pre selection
Carlton are getting two while Gold Coast are getting three players. Gold Coast spoke to Corbett and Collins, but I
am not sure who gets to pick first. Carlton are stacked for key backs so don't need Collins and look like getting
McGovern so that rules out Corbett. I could see Carlton looking at transition half back types with Kade Simpson
getting on so Marty Hore and Brett Bewley could come into play. The mature second tier list is enormous this
year I have over thirty names from all states who could make the transition. Even Nostradamus did not forsee
Brody Mihocek playing forward for Collingwood this year or Tim Kelly polling more Brownlow votes in his first
year than all the Dogs apart from Jackson Macrae no Danger, Ablett, Selwood or Duncan at the Dogs either.

And by best 22 i do not mean players like Crozier
p1ij6.jpg

How upset would everyone be if we risked missing out on West?
If we could get the following;
May... no cost of picks as Free Agent
Martin... Dahl compo pick (20?) and maybe Honey
Wingard.... pick 7

It would then mean we’d rely on either Adams pick plus most likely a later or a mix of Roughy Compo and a later. I suspect Roughy Compo will be ordinary. If we missed West we’d have still bought some talent in.

I’m doubtful we probably have cap space for all 3 but I’m happy dreaming just for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back