Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughy would likely demand 3rd round compo (currently pick 43) wouldn't he? Or otherwise nothing if the contract isn't big enough, as 4th round compo doesn't exist?

As it stands, West Coast have picks 36 and 68. Think 36 is far too high for them to give up Roughy, whilst 68 will be quite a bit below our compo if we get any - you'd think we'd only do that as a charity for Roughy to help him get to a new home if it really came down to it.

Or just a player for player swap. Remember those? Back in the day when trading seemed relatively simple before future picks, points and swapping picks for picks became a thing.

Liam Duggan?

68 has almost no points value for us for west/khamis. They’d have to come up with something else.

Maybe a future 3rd, but we’d still be better off taking our 3rd round compensation this year.

Future 3rd and 36 for Roughead and 42 is the best I can come up with.
I think that's his reasonable market value for a trade but yeah, less then what we'd likely get from FA compo. Can only think we'd make that trade as a favour to help facilitate his move but given we have an offer on the table for him ourselves, not sure why we would do it.
Or just a player for player swap. Remember those? Back in the day when trading seemed relatively simple before future picks, points and swapping picks for picks became a thing.

Liam Duggan?
The only way Duggan is involved is if West Coast are happy to give him up (they won't be) and at bare minimum the Dahlhaus compo is also thrown in. If it were to be a player swap you'd be looking for a fringe player who can't get in - someone like Partington perhaps (who I know absolutely nothing about)?

Last edited:
Emergency recruitment meeting called yesterday at the kennel.

Ameet Bains and co were at the combine and left abrubtly and met Bevo at the club, were bunkered down for quite some time too.
Thanks for the info, but I'm not really sure how there could be an emergency at this point. There's so much time before any decisions need to be made. Was the trade deadline brought forward to today unexpectedly?

Thanks for the info, but I'm not really sure how there could be an emergency at this point. There's so much time before any decisions need to be made. Was the trade deadline brought forward to today unexpectedly?

Trying to get some context around the meeting but everyone is tight lipped at the moment.

Something came up that they felt they needed to move quickly on.

Trades are made during the trade period, decisions are made the weeks leading into it.

Trying to get some context around the meeting but everyone is tight lipped at the moment.

Something came up that they felt they needed to move quickly on.
Thanks for the heads up, I’d imagine snap meetings like this would be common place at all clubs this time of year. Let’s hope this is about a potential in and not someone wanting out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most certainly would if he’s about to nominate us.

Their b&f is tonight. If he’s out he may want to make the move now and not attend.
Or maybe one of our own has come out and said they want to be traded unexpectedly? Most players tend to wait until either right on trade period eve, or the day after the clubs best and fairest (so they don't get booted from it)

I reckon the swans are due to have a massive crack at someone. I wonder who they have lined up?
May?
They had Moore lined up and have freed up heaps of cap space then suddenly dropped right off as the May talk intensified. Grundy isn't getting any younger and they're clearly looking at talls.

Probably looking at a compensation pick in the late 20's for Dahlhaus, as apparently the contract is $450,000 a year, not the $500k as many thought, hopefully its wrong. People need to lower their expectations of pick 19 at this stage.

May?
They had Moore lined up and have freed up heaps of cap space then suddenly dropped right off as the May talk intensified. Grundy isn't getting any younger and they're clearly looking at talls.
Tom Harley categorically denied they were targeting May when asked by Garry Lyon on SEN this morning. Seemed like a pretty definite denial, but who knows.

Dogs have posted an article this morning confirming interest in Wingard. Not that we didn't already know that given recent talk plus Power's comments yesterday, but interesting the club would run with a story on it.

Also Port's apparent offer for Lycett is $700,000 per season over 5 o_O thought they'd have learnt after the Lobbe deal.

Lycett's 9 touches, 15 hitouts and 1 mark vs Grundy's 10 touches, 49 hitouts and 4 marks (2 contested) is a flogging? Grundy didn't play well but come on now...
I think the correct term is he nullified Grundy's influence, but had little impact on the game himself. Grundy still wins that battle to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back