Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of dumb money floating around of average ruckmen, should of kept Minson on the list a few more years could of got good compo...

From Fox Sports
Why West Coast Eagles want St Kilda ruckman Tom Hickey over Western Bullddogs free agent Jordan Roughead
WEST COAST

WEST COAST looks set to land contracted Saint Tom Hickey this trade period as the premiers aim to bolster its ruck stocks ahead of 2019.

With Nic Naitanui set to miss most of next season after doing his knee for the second time in three years, and with Scott Lycett expected to move to Port Adelaide, Adam Simpson needs a ruckman to help Nathan Vardy until Naitanui returns.

The Eagles met with Hickey during September and have also been linked to out of favour Western Bulldogs premiership ruckman Jordan Roughead.

But despite Roughead being easier to acquire, former St Kilda great Leigh Montagna said Hickey’s performances against the Eagles in the past have made him an attractive proposition to the side who beat Collingwood in last Saturday’s thrilling grand final win at the MCG.

“I think West Coast are pretty keen on Tom Hickey,” Montagna said on The Trade Lowdown.

“I think he’s put in some good performances against the Eagles in the past. They like his athleticism on the big ground over in Perth.

“So I think they’re pretty keen on him but they are going to have to give up a draft pick for Tom Hickey.”

Fox Footy senior reporter Tom Morris believes the Eagles would prefer to land Hickey over Roughead and might need to part with their second-round pick to get the deal done.

“At the moment West Coast have Picks 21 and 37 in the national draft. This is without any Tom Lynch compensation. Tom Hickey would come for that draft pick,” Morris said.

“Jordan Roughead’s a free agent so he can go for free. That’s what West Coast have to weigh up — my understanding is Hickey is their No. 1 priority, Roughead is their No. 2 priority.

“The Hickey deal is really important for this (the Hannebery deal) because if Hickey goes to West Coast, it’s likely St Kilda will get that No.37 pick back in return.

“St Kilda have absolutely no picks between their first pick and about Pick 58 at the moment. So they have to use that Hickey pick to get Hannebery along and maybe a future second round pick as well.

“That’s why they don’t really mind if they lose him.”
Haha. Hickey is s**t. It will be his 3rd club. Roughead might be shot but he is still better than Hickey.

Liberatore, Kolynuik, MacPherson, Dimmatina and others at Whitten Oval for father/son next gen. academy testing.
43204125_10156645342022487_1612285170495258624_n.jpg

43263158_10156645358017487_3493564232933310464_n.jpg

43296394_10156645340732487_9125114931857850368_n.jpg

43312934_10156645341032487_7615073364809351168_n.jpg

I know this is highly unlikely to eventuate but I read this today on 'theroar' trade rumours: "Daniel Menzel – Menzel seems a chance to move to the Western Bulldogs following news that St Kilda’s interest in him has cooled and Geelong have encouraged him to look elsewhere. Unrestricted free agent." I'm a bit worried because here he is fronting up at VUWO for a medical yesterday: View attachment 569268
Every other club has rejected him so he must be coming to us :rolleyes:

Which is why you'd think Roughy for nothing is a lot more appealing than Hickey for a 2nd rounder. Strange
If they take Roughy as a free agent, it affects the compensation they get for Gaff or Lycett, so they'd rather be trading for him regardless

Richmond Cheer Squad has lodged papers for Chicago1 to transfer as an unrestricted free agent

Impossible.
1. In order to lodge papers, said individuals would have to know how to read and write.
2. I will not be unrestricted. Next week I will be getting an abdominal binder to wear.
3. I am not free. I am a slave to my MacBook.
4. Agent? OK, you got me there. I was not a teacher for 25 years here. I was a CIA agent. Was it a coincidence that Gough got sacked just two months after I arrived in Australia? I think not.
5. I'd rather move back to Trumpland than have that occur.

No matter what happens in trade week, it can’t top the crazy week I’ve had personally. Life is pretty strange sometimes.

Hope everything is ok mate !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we still have an offer on the table for him? Albeit it probably is a fair bit less than Roughy wants

I think he will end up staying, then Campbell is delisted and we move on

This seems to be looking more likely. It would not be a bad gig as English is unlikely to play 22 games and neither is Boyd so there will be opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back