Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately there's a rather large difference at least between 'showing interest' and actually recruiting him. The moron couldn't even pass a respect for women course without needing extra time to do it (and, it turns out, was allegedly acting up whilst completing it). I can't imagine he'll be a great interview subject for any prospective new club - although this is the AFL and don't we all love a great redemption story ( :rolleyes: ).

At least you can be sure of extremely strong community pushback for any club considering taking the next steps with him.

Some people just don't have very much going on upstairs. He seems to be one of them. Where would his life be at if he wasn't good at football? He should ask himself this question, but he doesn't appear to be the introspective type.

Some people just don't have very much going on upstairs. He seems to be one of them. Where would his life be at if he wasn't good at football? He should ask himself this question, but he doesn't appear to be the introspective type.
I guess he's about to find out the answer to that question.

At least you can be sure of extremely strong community pushback for any club considering taking the next steps with him.
It would be really interesting to know whether any club considering taking him involves some or all people from the AFLW side of their operation in the decision, and how they sell the decision ( if it is to take him) to those people and their supporters).will tell us whether the “One Club, two Teams” ( or 3 teams if you include VFL) mantra is real.

It would be really interesting to know whether any club considering taking him involves some or all people from the AFLW side of their operation in the decision, and how they sell the decision ( if it is to take him) to those people and their supporters).will tell us whether the “One Club, two Teams” ( or 3 teams if you include VFL) mantra is real.
The media and any new club will quickly spin it into a heart-warming story of a person turning his life around like they've done with Greene and like gawn and the media are trying to do currently with Oliver.
Hopefully for his sake and for the sake of the community he does get his head out of his backside and become a better person but I don't think 12 months is long enough to get himself out of the repetitive behaviour he has displayed.

Frustrating that for so many years we struggled to find decent key forwards and now we have Naughton, English, Jamarra, Lobb, Darcy and (if used forward) Croft. Need to teleport one to the Rocket era
It’s also why we have to stop this English to wing, Buku up forward and whatever “see I’m a genius” coaching moves and win a flag now.

It’s also why we have to stop this English to wing, Buku up forward and whatever “see I’m a genius” coaching moves and win a flag now.

I really hope that the biggest impact this year is from the new assistants and coaching group structure that stops this type of thinking that Bev and the previous coaching group had.

some of thinking in the past you just could not come up with if you tried to confuse players and a team.

Warning signs were early when Wood was tried and touted to move to the forward line. The warning signs proceeded to full out stupidity and confusion reigned for years at he kennel.

Hopefully all this is in the rear view mirror as there is some serious talent on the list now.

I really hope that the biggest impact this year is from the new assistants and coaching group structure that stops this type of thinking that Bev and the previous coaching group had.

some of thinking in the past you just could not come up with if you tried to confuse players and a team.

Warning signs were early when Wood was tried and touted to move to the forward line. The warning signs proceeded to full out stupidity and confusion reigned for years at he kennel.

Hopefully all this is in the rear view mirror as there is some serious talent on the list now.

Wood was moved forward out of necessity. It wasn’t because the coach thought he could be a gun forward.

Thought that was obvious at the time.

Wood was moved forward out of necessity. It wasn’t because the coach thought he could be a gun forward.

Can’t recall why was it necessary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the context as to why I referred to it

Was all to do with flexibility mantra aka as I want to be the smartest person in the room.

Hopefully it’s all in rear view mirror.

Yes we have excess KPF options now, but we do need to remember we played games in 2022 with Cordy as the 2nd KPF / backup ruck. Trialling Buku up forward made sense and he performed well there at VFL level. Has English to wing ever been real outside of BigFooty jokes?

I think the persistence with blokes like Hannan, McComb, Gardner, etc. has been a much bigger problem than shuffling players around positions.

** I accept Lobb as a KPD and JOD coming in as a 4th KPF having played all of his VFL in the backline were bizarre last year.

This is the context as to why I referred to it

Was all to do with flexibility mantra aka as I want to be the smartest person in the room.

Hopefully it’s all in rear view mirror.

All to do with flexibility? Come on Dog, that’s just silly.

Gowers was our best fwd. Cloke played half a season in 17 and Stringer was gone by 2018. You think Wood goes forward if we had Naughts and Marra running round back then?

Flexibilty is what was to come of it, our lack of marking forward targets was why it happened.

Clearly out of necessity.

All to do with flexibility? Come on Dog, that’s just silly.

Gowers was our best fwd. Cloke played half a season in 17 and Stringer was gone by 2018. You think Wood goes forward if we had Naughts and Marra running round back then?

Flexibilty is what was to come of it, our lack of marking forward targets was why it happened.

Clearly out of necessity.

And Dale morris had an ACL so I take it our defence had no need

Was so necessary that it lasted how long ?

I guess our forward woes lack of marking power was so important that Wood forward lasted how long ?

glad the stupidity of it all dawned on the coaching staff that quickly.

Last edited:
The rise of Darcy means we definitely don’t overpay for English but I still don’t want to let him go. Ideally we keep him in a win/win contract. Even if Darcy overtakes him in the middle as a more dominant ruckman (still a while off anyway) Lobbs only got a couple of years left. English just goes forward and becomes the best fwd/2nd ruck the games seen tbh

Both of them in our team is the ideal goal, opposition would be very worried about that
Agree with your sentiment. English is a star & Darcy a likely future star. If we can manage to keep him that would be great, if not the compensation helps to keep our list generating future top end kids. It’s a win and minor win scenario IMO.

Yes we have excess KPF options now, but we do need to remember we played games in 2022 with Cordy as the 2nd KPF / backup ruck. Trialling Buku up forward made sense and he performed well there at VFL level. Has English to wing ever been real outside of BigFooty jokes?

I think the persistence with blokes like Hannan, McComb, Gardner, etc. has been a much bigger problem than shuffling players around positions.

** I accept Lobb as a KPD and JOD coming in as a 4th KPF having played all of his VFL in the backline were bizarre last year.
And lobb on the wing.

Agree with your sentiment. English is a star & Darcy a likely future star. If we can manage to keep him that would be great, if not the compensation helps to keep our list generating future top end kids. It’s a win and minor win scenario IMO.
Yeah 100% I won’t sleep if we lose English any more, Darcy is some prospect but ideally we keep. 5 years at 900k seems more than fair to me

Can player contracts have injury clauses? Like reduced payments when not playing? Having huge $ locked up in English worries me with his concussion history.
No but contracts do have bonuses for games played and can also have triggers for extra years attached to amount of games played.

And Dale morris had an ACL so I take it our defence had no need

Was so necessary that it lasted how long ?

I guess our forward woes lack of marking power was so important that Wood forward lasted how long ?

glad the stupidity of it all dawned on the coaching staff that quickly.

Wood played back when Moz did his knee. Out of necessity. Much like the reason he went forward.

Not sure why the amount of time he played forward has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back