Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Tiges last night - If we lose either English or Baz, freeing up future cap space, I want the club to go hard for Balta when his contract is up in 2025.

Would have just turned 26, giving us 6-8 years as our number 1 KPD. Timing it well with Jones’ retirement.

Surely Balta’s gettable with Richmond’s inevitable drop off and the fact he’s being played out of position. I hope Power and Co have him in their sight as number 1 trade target. Would just about finish our list off, besides a young mid or two.

Watching the Tiges last night - If we lose either English or Baz, freeing up future cap space, I want the club to go hard for Balta when his contract is up in 2025.

Would have just turned 26, giving us 6-8 years as our number 1 KPD. Timing it well with Jones’ retirement.

Surely Balta’s gettable with Richmond’s inevitable drop off and the fact he’s being played out of position. I hope Power and Co have him in their sight as number 1 trade target. Would just about finish our list off, besides a young mid or two.
I remember that horrible game against Richmond when Schache played and was terrible and Balta killed us.

Gowers was our best fwd.

The angriest I’ve been in front of a TV was in 2020 when we played Gold Coast. 25 seconds left, Gowers marks and we lead by under a goal. Should have gone back, wasted time and iced the game. He quickly played on and went back through the corridor with a really dangerous kick. It was single handedly the dumbest thing I’ve seen on a footy field. I absolutely exploded.

The angriest I’ve been in front of a TV was in 2020 when we played Gold Coast. 25 seconds left, Gowers marks and we lead by under a goal. Should have gone back, wasted time and iced the game. He quickly played on and went back through the corridor with a really dangerous kick. It was single handedly the dumbest thing I’ve seen on a footy field. I absolutely exploded.

Yeah that was when I was absolutely done with him. Just kick it deep into a pocket and see if we can force a stoppage. Instead he chips it laterally to CHF and only manages not to turn it over because the GC player spilled the mark. Just a very dumb move from someone that had been at AFL level for a few years.

Balta is pretty high up on my list of players that I'd like, reckon he would be a very good target to chase.

Balta is pretty high up on my list of players that I'd like, reckon he would be a very good target to chase.
I have no idea how we get the draft capital to get him. Richmond would ask for an absolute ransom and we're short on draft capital this year.
Contacted until 2025 and I'd say he's one of their priority players (RFA).

I have no idea how we get the draft capital to get him. Richmond would ask for an absolute ransom and we're short on draft capital this year.
Good chance we lose either Baz or English for a first rounder (and extras hopefully).

Then becomes a question of whether a pick of (say) 5-10 is better utilised on a Balta (with something back) or on a highly rated kid.

Will depend on how O'Donnell, Buss, Croft develop this year, but at this stage I'd favour hitting the draft.

I doubt we'd be able to offer anything close enough for Richmond to consider trading Balta this year, they'd also probably match an offer every day of the week if he's bid on as a free agent. It's probably just wishful thinking to want him.

Balta is a strange one, will be dominant one week followed by making Sam Frost look like a smart footballer the week after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could see Bevo in the box after the game literally say “Billy F’n Gowers”

Its funny how we never forgot that moment, despite the fact that we still won. Pretty impressive to **** up that badly.

A good time to reflect on how painful 2020 was…

View attachment 1915289
Makes me angry just watching that replay. I was at the ground and almost went scorched earth.

Probably the dumbest thing I’ve seen on a football field. He could have chipped it in the other direction to about 2-3 free bulldogs if he wanted to be fancy.

In defence of English.. he is a pretty good field kick.

It was the low point of the season for mine.

It encapsulated our season well total confusion no planning and left it to hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back