Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to Lohmann small/medium forward at Brissy would probably be the hardest role in footy, even when you get a game you’re competing with the likes of Charlie, Raynor, Bailey, McCarthy and the resting mids of which there’s plenty

Reckon that honour goes to playing full back at the Bulldogs 😂

Reckon that honour goes to playing full back at the Bulldogs 😂
Yeah fair, nothing can be harder than being instructed to start completely out of position, then watching the ball waltz through the corridor and even when you get in position to intercept having Ryan *ing Gardner fly in from nowhere to spoil you and take you out of the contest 😂

Think it speaks volumes about Baz that he would get his manager to relay that he is staying at the club for next year at least.

Allows all the innuendo and uncertainty for the club to be put to rest for now and allows them to plan.

Could him relaying this be an indication that Bev is staying? I think Bev and Baz share a close relationship.

If Bev is staying I would almost consider telling him to take a really good break longer than usual and allow Sammy do list decisions.

What if Smith wants to stay but the club wants to trade him , and convinces him he is better off elsewhere?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi all

What’s our best 22 and where are the gaps?

B: Dale _______ Richards
HB JJ Jones Daniel
C: Smith Macrae Treloar
HF: Weightman Naughton _______
F: _______ JUH _________
FOL: English Bontempelli Libba

Not sold on Lobb but he was excellent the other day.

There’s nothing wrong with that list above. Those players are all good. AFL standard if not better. I’ve been quiet all season but the bottom end of our 22 is abysmal. We desperately need a key back who can intercept. Whilst I like O’Donnell, I think he is still some time away. But at least he looks like a sportsman, the game and skills seems to come easily to him. I would hope that Arthur Jones would be the solution to the speed problem in the front half, but he never touches the ball when he comes on the ground. His pressure and speed are good, but his tackles don’t impact the opposition ever.

We have to cut the crap that’s on our list. The worst players in our side who continually get turned over are being asked to do too much. They have too much impact in the game, not just from an effort point of view, but from a skill point of view and their skills are simply not up to it, so they end up turning the ball over all the time.

This season was incredibly frustrating and a lot of things need to change before the start of next year. I don’t know if Bevo is the problem but I do know that the coaching support around him seems to lack a lot of ability. Comparing our coaching group to the Saints coaching group is depressing.

I haven’t seen the 2s this year so what’s the story with Busslinger and all the young guys? Do any of them have what it takes to move us forward? Can Darcy be the full back? I keep hearing people saying Naughton should go back, but I watched him closely when he went back against North Melbourne and he was awful. Finding people who can mark it in the forward line is hard. Leave him.
The problem with that team is that only Jones, Richards, Libba, Bont and Naughton are good defensively for their position.
Most of our players are very offensively minded and can't turn off their ball winning instincts to shut down their opponents when they need to which is why we give up so many runs of goals.
Good teams seem to have a non negotiable defensive mandate and then work their offence from there.
I don't know if it can be coached into our current players or if we can supplement them with strong defensive players to balance the list but I can't see us achieving success unless we can fix it.

On one hand I'm relieved Baz is staying.
On the other I'm not sure I can take another year of Next Waiting taking pot shots at him and detailing his unhealthy obsession with Butters without losing what's left of my mind.
Use the ignore function.

Hi all

HB JJ Jones Daniel

There’s nothing wrong with that list above. Those players are all good. AFL standard if not better. I’ve been quiet all season but the bottom end of our 22 is abysmal. We desperately need a key back who can intercept. Whilst I like O’Donnell, I think he is still some time away. But at least he looks like a sportsman, the game and skills seems to come easily to him. I would hope that Arthur Jones would be the solution to the speed problem in the front half, but he never touches the ball when he comes on the ground. His pressure and speed are good, but his tackles don’t impact the opposition ever.

We have to cut the crap that’s on our list. The worst players in our side who continually get turned over are being asked to do too much. They have too much impact in the game, not just from an effort point of view, but from a skill point of view and their skills are simply not up to it, so they end up turning the ball over all the time.

This season was incredibly frustrating and a lot of things need to change before the start of next year. I don’t know if Bevo is the problem but I do know that the coaching support around him seems to lack a lot of ability. Comparing our coaching group to the Saints coaching group is depressing.

I haven’t seen the 2s this year so what’s the story with Busslinger and all the young guys? Do any of them have what it takes to move us forward? Can Darcy be the full back? I keep hearing people saying Naughton should go back, but I watched him closely when he went back against North Melbourne and he was awful. Finding people who can mark it in the forward line is hard. Leave him.
Great to see you back on here Panna! You've been missed.

Hi all

HB JJ Jones Daniel

🥹🥹🥹
Pan back
Fronk back
🥹🥹🥹

Williams wasn't moved off the half backline for any other reason other than woeful form there we've need his type for 2 years and he simply isn't good enough think the pool for him will be very very small and would prefer we only offer him 2 years however the floated 3 isn't the worst,

West won't leave now he has been playing more consistently and his role has started evolving,

Sweet will probably leave however he won't be a walk up at West Coast Williams has been very good for them this year Sydney he is more of a chance given how poor Ladhams is (Thank god we didn't pay a first rounder for him)

The rest are all easy to delist bar Bedendo and possibly Raak
I told every one here 3 years ago I know Williams’s from west coast he needs to come home ….
English does not win us games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't ignore people Mutt.
I do however scroll right past quite a few nowadays.
Don't come on here bagging other posters - use the ignore function instead. It's not appropriate what you posted.

Bring in Dew, Get Flanders. Maybe 17 and 63 for flanders and 3 picks to get the points for Croft.

For Simpsons nuffies like me, I hope we get Flanders.

stupid sexy flanders GIF

Don't come on here bagging other posters - use the ignore function instead. It's not appropriate what you posted.
Sure...happy to go back to not posting at all then.
If it's fine to systematically bag a player that has admitted to mental health problems but not to call out that behaviour then maybe this board is no longer for me.

If it's fine to systematically bag a player that has admitted to mental health problems but not to call out that behaviour then maybe this board is no longer for me.
There's a report function for that.

If a post is inappropriate then report it Mike. You know how this site works. If you don't want the drama...ignore the posters that upset you or report their offending posts. Otherwise...just be polite as you expect others are to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back