Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reality is we will only be picking up fringe players in this years trade with too many of our better players out of contract next year for salary cap space.

Hope we pick up those who can add value not just be another version of what we have got and hit the draft hard for some genuine quality.

Bailey Smith: “I hereby categorically declare, hand on heart, that I will be 100% with the Dogs next year. May a stray wildebeest trample me into the ground if this is not true.”

Caroline Wilson: “Reading into Smith’s statement, I think it’s fair to suggest that there is a growing belief in the football world that Smith may potentially be exploring his options. In all probability.”

Disagree with comments on Gardner. Won’t be costing us much. Our top end will be costing a bit and if we want to retain the big 4 next year I’d assume we will be under cap pressure.
As such I don’t believe Henry would be on the radar as Hawks will have far more to spend. As such guys like Gardner, Scott, Roarke are important as they have shown they can compete at the level.
That’s unless we offload 1 or more. The one who I still struggle to see a set position for is Daniel. I don’t think he’s a back, he’s not a mid. Is he a wing? Could he be a crumbng forward? 5 years for him seems the strangest of all resigning sin recent times.

Pretty sure we will rely on the draft, a speculative trade and improvement from an injury free Bedendo and Garcia.
In regards to Smith and his management stating he’s going nowhere next year…. Well why haven’t they agreed to extend? Could it be our end not coming to the party?

What Paul Connors said on Gettable about Bailey Smith

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“He’ll be at the Bulldogs.

“I feel like the more we say it, the less people listen.

“But he’ll be at the Dogs. He'll get his body right - he’s been a bit tired and a bit sore.

“He'll be there… I find some of the commentary (on his off-field pursuits) astounding.

“We’ve got a wonderful partnership, not sponsorship, but a partnership with Cotton On.

“Bailey gets down to Cotton On and works and works on their design. Why are we upset with that?

“He's got some other sponsorships that have been good, but it's not like he's out doing appearances at Knox Shopping Centre every second week.

“It absolutely drives me nuts and gets my backup. He's handled it really well. He's a young man.

“He's playing s different role this year. He knows he wants to play better and no one works on their craft more.

“Are we saying that he's not dedicated to his footy? If you're saying that, you've got absolutely no idea.

“I feel like it's a tall poppy syndrome, which is just incredible and it just irks me.”

Mitch Cleary mentioned us earlier in the year maybe the club just pulled out of the race

Earlier in the season it was all but nailed on, now it seems we aren’t in the race. If it’s true about the asking price, then that’s ok. Something in the 30’s would be fine, but not a late 1st or 2nd plus steak knives which they seem to want

Earlier in the season it was all but nailed on, now it seems we aren’t in the race. If it’s true about the asking price, then that’s ok. Something in the 30’s would be fine, but not a late 1st or 2nd plus steak knives which they seem to want
When I was told earlier in the year that he was likely coming I was also told bell was asking for a first round pick. I guess we remained interested thinking that it would budge but Fremantle are still stuck on an end of first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Paul Connors said on Gettable about Bailey Smith

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“He’ll be at the Bulldogs.

“I feel like the more we say it, the less people listen.

“But he’ll be at the Dogs. He'll get his body right - he’s been a bit tired and a bit sore.

“He'll be there… I find some of the commentary (on his off-field pursuits) astounding.

“We’ve got a wonderful partnership, not sponsorship, but a partnership with Cotton On.

“Bailey gets down to Cotton On and works and works on their design. Why are we upset with that?

“He's got some other sponsorships that have been good, but it's not like he's out doing appearances at Knox Shopping Centre every second week.

“It absolutely drives me nuts and gets my backup. He's handled it really well. He's a young man.

“He's playing s different role this year. He knows he wants to play better and no one works on their craft more.

“Are we saying that he's not dedicated to his footy? If you're saying that, you've got absolutely no idea.

“I feel like it's a tall poppy syndrome, which is just incredible and it just irks me.”

This is how you go into bat for your client. And it's categorical. I like it.

Tyler Brockman (Hawks) has just requested (allegedly) a trade back to WA - would not surprise me if he and Henry and some late picks change hands between Freo and Hawks !!

I don't think we'll be in that race....

Love it, back to back weeks managers have gone on that show and called out the muckraking speculation in the media that's entirely based on what some other guy in the media hinted at slightly.

Someone needs to hold those parasites to account, wish players had the all clear to go at them directly on BS rumours

Love it, back to back weeks managers have gone on that show and called out the muckraking speculation in the media that's entirely based on what some other guy in the media hinted at slightly.

Someone needs to hold those parasites to account, wish more players went at them directly on BS rumours
It is funny that all it takes is one germ to state a ‘rumour’ and then you can visibly see it grow legs as each germ jumps onto it with more and more conviction (due to the amount of people before them running the story) by the end of the week.

What an industry

Someone needs to hold those parasites to account, wish players had the all clear to go at them directly on BS rumours
The Managers should do it more often

Seems like lohmann might be heading over but that’s it, gotta get Croft through the door too
We've been linked to Tomlinson too.
I'm happy to hit the draft over trading too heavily though

I know it’s been mentioned before but what are peoples thoughts on Finlay Macrae if he wouldn’t cost much trade wise

How do we improve our wingman if we aren’t in the race for Henry?

The wings are probably our biggest missing link. I think Henry would solve a lot with his running ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back