Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Now we have pick 4 (6) I have done definitive research* on our options.

Reid and Walter, no chance.

McKercher, Watson, Duursma and Curtin are all mofo guns and will improve us massively.

I hope it's only out of these 6 them I am stoked. Sanders will have a good career but I don't want a Wines/Macrae type player for our list.

I've been sold on McKercher and Watson for a while. But Duursma and Curtin sound damn good too!

*2 full hours on YouTube!

Now we have pick 4 (6) I have done definitive research* on our options.

Reid and Walter, no chance.

McKercher, Watson, Duursma and Curtin are all mofo guns and will improve us massively.

I hope it's only out of these 6 them I am stoked. Sanders will have a good career but I don't want a Wines/Macrae type player for our list.

I've been sold on McKercher and Watson for a while. But Duursma and Curtin sound damn good too!

*2 full hours on YouTube!
sanders is more like horne francis than macrae wines, i rate him higher than most and prefer him to duursama

Can I just ask wtf is going on at Freo?

It’s a revolving door now.

Maybe the dumb s**t Freo fans will move on from Lobb and whinge about Schultz for the next 12 months. They were having a good laugh the other day after it was mentioned Lobb was headed out the door, they probably don’t find it as funny now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOGS SECURE PICK 4 IN SUNS SWAP

The Western Bulldogs have boldly parted ways with three first-round draft picks to secure pick 4 from Gold Coast.

The Bulldogs have sent picks 10 and 17 to the Suns along with their 2024 first-round pick to secure picks 4, 46 and 51 in this year’s draft.

Gold Coast had to trade its top pick to avoid it being consumed by an expected bid for academy key forward Jed Walter inside the top three, with the Bulldogs winning out from several rival suitors for the pick including Adelaide.

Bulldogs list boss Sam Power said getting access to the talented top end of this year’s draft had been well worth the price of the deal.

He said the Dogs had to carefully consider where a bid for father-son prospect Jordan Croft would come before committing to parting with picks 10 and 17.

“There’s probably a number of reasons … one is how highly we rate the top end of this draft, the types of players that will be there that align to our needs, and also take into consideration the bids that are going to come in this draft for academy kids, father-sons, free agency (compensation), and where our two first-rounders this year in particular would’ve landed,” Power said.

“I think everyone talks about similar names … one thing about this draft is there’s probably a mix of types at the top end.

“There’s a few midfielders, there’s a bit of speed, there’s some good utility players who are pretty versatile and have got some real talent.”

Power said the Bulldogs were confident that Croft, the son of 186-gamer Matthew Croft, would nominate to be selected under the father-son rule despite not yet making a call on his future.

Power said the Bulldogs were working through a trade with Port Adelaide for South Australian ruckman Jordon Sweet, with a number of routes to replacing the 25-year-old being considered.

He suggested the Dogs would be comfortable with Rory Lobb carrying the No.1 ruck duties should Tim English suffer an injury, while the 208cm Sam Darcy could also receive more opportunities in the ruck.

“We’ll assess it all over the next period. Whether that’s sort of the trade period, the draft or potentially post (draft) through the SSP.”.

For those who follow the draft who in this years pool would be most similar to Adam Cooney in terms of style/plays like?

IMO we need a player with Adam Cooney attributes -speed, burst speed, sound foot skills and takes the game on.

For those who follow the draft who in this years pool would be most similar to Adam Cooney in terms of style/plays like?

IMO we need a player with Adam Cooney attributes -speed, burst speed, sound foot skills and takes the game on.
The bloke we're taking with pick 4(6)

Bailey Smith is pretty close to an Adam Cooney Clone.

Not sure why some don’t want Harmes. Easily gets a game, and gives us attributes we lack in our midfield (hardness and pace). If he’s among our worst players in the best 22, we’re doing much better than previous years.

Harmes and Coffield both improve us, and will cost little in terms of cap space and picks. It’s a no-brainer for me

Not sure why some don’t want Harmes. Easily gets a game, and gives us attributes we lack in our midfield (hardness and pace). If he’s among our worst players in the best 22, we’re doing much better than previous years.

Harmes and Coffield both improve us, and will cost little in terms of cap space and picks. It’s a no-brainer for me
He has a few teams after him

DOGS SECURE PICK 4 IN SUNS SWAP

The Western Bulldogs have boldly parted ways with three first-round draft picks to secure pick 4 from Gold Coast.

The Bulldogs have sent picks 10 and 17 to the Suns along with their 2024 first-round pick to secure picks 4, 46 and 51 in this year’s draft.

Gold Coast had to trade its top pick to avoid it being consumed by an expected bid for academy key forward Jed Walter inside the top three, with the Bulldogs winning out from several rival suitors for the pick including Adelaide.

Bulldogs list boss Sam Power said getting access to the talented top end of this year’s draft had been well worth the price of the deal.

He said the Dogs had to carefully consider where a bid for father-son prospect Jordan Croft would come before committing to parting with picks 10 and 17.

“There’s probably a number of reasons … one is how highly we rate the top end of this draft, the types of players that will be there that align to our needs, and also take into consideration the bids that are going to come in this draft for academy kids, father-sons, free agency (compensation), and where our two first-rounders this year in particular would’ve landed,” Power said.

“I think everyone talks about similar names … one thing about this draft is there’s probably a mix of types at the top end.

“There’s a few midfielders, there’s a bit of speed, there’s some good utility players who are pretty versatile and have got some real talent.”

Power said the Bulldogs were confident that Croft, the son of 186-gamer Matthew Croft, would nominate to be selected under the father-son rule despite not yet making a call on his future.

Power said the Bulldogs were working through a trade with Port Adelaide for South Australian ruckman Jordon Sweet, with a number of routes to replacing the 25-year-old being considered.

He suggested the Dogs would be comfortable with Rory Lobb carrying the No.1 ruck duties should Tim English suffer an injury, while the 208cm Sam Darcy could also receive more opportunities in the ruck.

“We’ll assess it all over the next period. Whether that’s sort of the trade period, the draft or potentially post (draft) through the SSP.”.

Did someone forget to tell SP that Lobb is leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back