Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He plays on a wing. I'm not debating his ability to play on the wing, but Toby would be a far worse option to put there than Roarke.

Also "Has not shown s**t" is an interesting thing to say considering how critical you are of him.
Because he was given opportunities in front of players that had genuine ability, players that have been let go to other clubs for nothing or delisted and have gone on to show they have value, Roarke has none. Afl is not a charity game where spots are reserved for players that are likeable. Should have been delisted 5+ years ago. Accepting mediocrity.

Because he was given opportunities in front of players that had genuine ability, players that have been let go to other clubs for nothing or delisted and have gone on to show they have value, Roarke has none. Afl is not a charity game where spots are reserved for players that are likeable. Should have been delisted 5+ years ago. Accepting mediocrity.

On the flip side, you don't stay on an AFL list unless you have some ability. Rourke has plenty of attributes and he has shown it at pivotal times. Not saying he should stay.

You’re not gonna find a much quicker side on paper than that, other than the wings I guess. We just play slow football.
Port, Pies, GWS and Lions would all be a lot quicker than that. Libba, Macrae, Daniel, Bont, Williams and Poulter are all slowish.

I want to target speed on the wings, I think Treloar could play full time wing and for Gallagher (or McKercher if we pick him up) to play the other. Our link up players need to be quick if we are going to be competitive with the best.

I also like VDM because he has speed and applies pressure better than anyone on our list.

His played well in finals footy and runs defensively. I hope we keep him. He is a better wingman than both Poulter and Baker at this stage.

They’ll be focused on holding off Freo on their own KPf prospect and paying up for Gulden whose one of the best young prospects in the comp, to be honest.

No reason we wouldn’t have been planning for a mil a year for Marra for years, we’ll be fine. How often do teams actually lose these players?

It’s just fearmongering, it’s a waste of time no point stressing over it
I suspect Sydney aren’t actually all that confident on retaining McDonald long term.

I’m very confident that JUH resigns with us. It’s just a matter of whether he and his management want to get it out of the way before the season with minimal fuss, or whether D’Orazio will leverage these massive offers to get a better deal from us well into the season. It will create a big distraction for both Jamarra and our side.

Port, Pies, GWS and Lions would all be a lot quicker than that. Libba, Macrae, Daniel, Bont, Williams and Poulter are all slowish.

I want to target speed on the wings, I think Treloar could play full time wing and for Gallagher (or McKercher if we pick him up) to play the other. Our link up players need to be quick if we are going to be competitive with the best.

I also like VDM because he has speed and applies pressure better than anyone on our list.
The line up I listed is definitely quicker than most teams we rolled out this year. I agree about those players listed, but other than Poulter they are all clearly best 22 players and all play midfield. It's an issue we have which will be hard to rectify (although in the team I listed we at least have Watson and another new draftee to mix it up).

Personally I would have looked to move on Daniel if we could. Wasn't a good move signing him up for so long

Yeah I agree the wings definitely need some speed, I think/hope Gallagher & Bedendo push through next year who both bring pace.

Agree that all the role players need to be pretty pacy & bring pressure these days to compliment the core. But overall that sides a lot quicker than what we were putting out this year and there’s enough pace there should we try and put some more speed on the ball and move it on quickly.

The line up I listed is definitely quicker than most teams we rolled out this year. I agree about those players listed, but other than Poulter they are all clearly best 22 players and all play midfield. It's an issue we have which will be hard to rectify (although in the team I listed we at least have Watson and another new draftee to mix it up).

Personally I would have looked to move on Daniel if we could. Wasn't a good move signing him up for so long
I don’t know about Williams. I wouldn’t have him in my starting 22 if we had a full list of fit players. I think a quicker player will balance the team better.

My issue with Daniel is his tackling. Not really something you improve in your late 20’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A decent forward line coach and someone (Lloyd, Rocca, even Buddy) to teach both Naughts & JMH to not just kick bloody straight, but develop a proper routine when going for set shots, and BOTH then are definitely 1.5mil/10-12yr big-gun signings! Name one other team with a forward with anywhere near their potential?

The supposed interest in JUH just stinks of lazy journalism.

Sydney made one of the most audacious plays in the game when they signed a generational indigenous KPF over what at the time seemed a ludicrously long deal.

Sydney need to replace their generational talent and his (supposed) analogue just happens to be coming out of contract.

Journalist. Ipso facto; Sydney are going to make JUH a ludicrously long and expensive contract offer.

Leigh Montangna (whatever hes supposed to be). Hold my beer Im going to say JUH will sign a 10 year $15million deal.

Every other accredited hack with blue ball FOMO. I better add fuel to what was barely a flickering spark of an idea and run with it.

An Inferno of bullshit erupts.

I make post No: 352765 calling out their empty headed idiocy.

Id bet almost anything that JUH re-signs ( lucratively) with us in the weeks leading up to the season and it'll be a deal that takes him right to the edge of free agency. Signing Montanans deal doesn't make any real sense, given for all his potential he hasn't quite made the leap to the elite end of the competition and signing the largest deal the game has seen as a 21 year old would be a massive risk and possibly an Albatros of expectation around his neck.

There is a tried and true road that player managers get their elite talents to walk as they set up for the second stage of their careers for a very good reason.

There's no need for a bull to run down the hill to * the first cow he sees. When he can walk down and * them all in his own time.

Last edited:
Lmao at the final Tyler Brockman trade. Hawks tried using him as a legit piece in a trade for pick 1 and have settled for two late picks.

On the flip side, you don't stay on an AFL list unless you have some ability. Rourke has plenty of attributes and he has shown it at pivotal times. Not saying he should stay.
We are talking about having ten pre seasons under his belt.

The supposed interest in JUH just stinks of lazy journalism.

Sydney made one of the most audacious plays in the game when they signed a generational indigenous KPF over what at the time seemed a ludicrously long deal.

Sydney need to replace their generational talent and his (supposed) analogue just happens to be coming out of contract.

Journalist. Ipso facto; Sydney are going to make JUH a ludicrously long and expensive contract offer.

Leigh Montangna (whatever hes supposed to be). Hold my beer Im going to say JUH will sign a 10 year $15million deal.

Every other accredited hack. FOMO. I better add fuel to what was barely a flickering spark of an idea and run with it.

An Inferno of bullshit erupts.

I make post No: 352765 calling out their empty headed idiocy.

Id bet almost anything that JUH re-signs ( lucratively) with us in the weeks leading up to the season and it'll be a deal that takes him right to the edge of free agency. Signing Montanans deal doesn't make any real sense, given for all his potential he hasn't quite made the leap to the elite end of the competition and signing the largest deal the game has seen as a 21 year old would be a massive risk and possibly an Albatros of expectation around his neck.

There is a tried and true road that player managers get their elite talents to walk as they set up for the second stage of their careers for a very good reason.

There's no need for a bull to run down the hill to * the first cow he sees. When he can walk down and * them all in his own time.

Problem we have now is the likes of Cornes have started this trend where they say stupid s*** and the other ex players in the media think to get their name in lights they have to say even stupider s*** so they can remain relevant.

You've got ex players who get shoved in front of a camera or microphone who to keep their jobs have to be edgy, controversial, get the clicks. It's so friggen tiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back