Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The NGA rules are expected to change next year with it all becoming Academy programs like Northern Academy

So means bidding is the biggest key now

So for the 2025 draft pool

Jaxon Cooney- Forward/Mid top 15 Prospect
Lukas Eagleton- Tall running full back- Top 30 Prospect
Cohen Lake- Running half back- Top 50 Prospect

NGA:
Deacon Fawcett- 183cm Midfielder- Top 40 Prospect
Seth Fawcett- Tall half back/midfielder- top 40 prospect

2026 Pool:

Levi West- inside beast with great outside speed top 10 prospect

NGA:
Kobe Williams- silky ball winning midfielder/half forward top 10 prospect
Jacob Bayley- Tall running full back- top 40 prospect

Kobe Williams, Levi West & Jaxon Cooney are really great prospects. 3 players who we would love to have in 2024 but have to wait for. It’s a shame these great kids aren’t all clumped in a year together.

IIRC he was playing tigers VFL when the seniors were winning premierships so probably not easy to break into that side at the time?
Would like Mannagh drafted for small forward role, a ruck and Sanders for our first draft pick this year. I know its not on draft discussion but it’s a nice balance of small forward, midfielder and a tall in Croft and a ruck hopefully.

Sam Hayes has been delisted. Lycett likely to retire.

We need a depth ruck. May as well put Hayes on the list.
I would prefer Hayes over Lycett but I can’t see us taking either. I think if anything we’ll just draft someone late

I’d like to rookie Vigo Visentini

Lycett has officially retired now. Hayes would never get a game in a Beveridge lead team. Hayes is a poor man's Sweet.
Even if we draft more of a Bevo prospect I’d still want a Hayes type to be a battering ram at VFL level. Keeps Darcy out of there and is better for everyone else’s development, last thing we need is a rookie ruck who can’t handle the load even at VFL level and Darcy & Buku picking up the slack and impacting on their development IMO

Even if we draft more of a Bevo prospect I’d still want a Hayes type to be a battering ram at VFL level. Keeps Darcy out of there and is better for everyone else’s development, last thing we need is a rookie ruck who can’t handle the load even at VFL level and Darcy & Buku picking up the slack and impacting on their development IMO
There are other mature rucks that fit the gamestyle better. Either way it looks like we are a fair way down the line on Teakle.

2015 elimination final on fox footy.

I know we lost the game but gee wizz we were exciting to watch. Bevo looks so young in the box.

Good to see a baby faced Macrae and Bont, a prime Dahlhaus, Picken, Stringer, Crameri, Boyd playing.

Bob flying off half back.

Our key pillars were Redpath, Hamling, Roberts, Morris and Crameri.

2015 elimination final on fox footy.

I know we lost the game but gee wizz we were exciting to watch. Bevo looks so young in the box.

Good to see a baby faced Macrae and Bont, a prime Dahlhaus, Picken, Stringer, Crameri, Boyd playing.

Bob flying off half back.

Our key pillars were Redpath, Hamling, Roberts, Morris and Crameri.

We were robbed......

But I wouldn't change it for anything, given what followed....

Sam Hayes has been delisted. Lycett likely to retire.

We need a depth ruck. May as well put Hayes on the list.
Hayes is terrible. I'd much rather Downie, but if not I'd prefer Teakle

The NGA rules are expected to change next year with it all becoming Academy programs like Northern Academy

So means bidding is the biggest key now

So for the 2025 draft pool

Jaxon Cooney- Forward/Mid top 15 Prospect
Lukas Eagleton- Tall running full back- Top 30 Prospect
Cohen Lake- Running half back- Top 50 Prospect

NGA:
Deacon Fawcett- 183cm Midfielder- Top 40 Prospect
Seth Fawcett- Tall half back/midfielder- top 40 prospect

2026 Pool:

Levi West- inside beast with great outside speed top 10 prospect

NGA:
Kobe Williams- silky ball winning midfielder/half forward top 10 prospect
Jacob Bayley- Tall running full back- top 40 prospect
So Eagleton's kid is a full back but Lake's kid is a running HBF? hows that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs:
Bruce
Hannan
O’Brien
McLean
McComb (R: Cat A)
Crozier
Smith (R: Cat A)
Sweet (R: Cat A)
Raak (R: Cat B)

Ins:
Harmes
Coffield

To come:
Pick 6
Croft
Third Rd Pick (x2 ?)

By my count (don’t crucify me if wrong):

- We had 35 on the main list this year, so we currently have 32, leaving up to 6 main list openings. Meaning we can take our first 6 picks to the draft.

- We now have 3 Cat A Rookies (Poulter, McNeil & Scott) and 2 Cat B rookies (O’Donnell & Khamis), leaving us 3 Cat A Rookie spots to potentially fill.

Should've had McNeil with them but club starting to make the right calls clearing out the mediocrity this year
I think we’re gonna cut deep enough this year that I’m okay giving McNeil one more year but yeah overall making the right calls, massive cut of that deadwood.

Two guys who gave it their all so it’s sad, but the right decision.

Hopefully this means we keep Bedendo on the main list

I think we’re gonna cut deep enough this year that I’m okay giving McNeil one more year but yeah overall making the right calls, massive cut of that deadwood.

Two guys who gave it their all so it’s sad, but the right decision.

Hopefully this means we keep Bedendo on the main list
I've seen enough with McNeil personally but he is still fairly young so can somewhat understand it

Sad to see Roarke go but his body just let him down too often. Could have been a good average footballer, as Jack dyer would say, with 200 games under his belt.
I strongly believe we never got to see the best of him.
I think we saw what Roarke was capable of in the 2021 finals. He had the tools to make it but just never could get a proper run at it. A little like Jong really. The right decision to move him on though, sadly.

Outs:
Bruce
Hannan
O’Brien
McLean
McComb (R: Cat A)
Crozier
Smith (R: Cat A)
Sweet (R: Cat A)
Raak (R: Cat B)

Ins:
Harmes
Coffield

To come:
Pick 6
Croft
Third Rd Pick (x2 ?)

By my count (don’t crucify me if wrong):

- We had 35 on the main list this year, so we currently have 32, leaving up to 6 main list openings. Meaning we can take our first 6 picks to the draft.

- We now have 3 Cat A Rookies (Poulter, McNeil & Scott) and 2 Cat B rookies (O’Donnell & Khamis), leaving us 3 Cat A Rookie spots to potentially fill.

I’d add Sullivan as well. Even if it’s a rookie spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back