Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gullible much? Dropped player will request a trade ..... groundbreaking stuff

It's just more garbage from the media and now some media wannabe's.

I took his comments as more generalised and guarded prior to the other fools dropping the obvious names, Claudonious. So many players know each other and I’d tend to think there’s a good chance it’s legitimate knowledge. Irrespective, it does nothing for the vibes and speculation around our club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gullible much? Dropped player will request a trade ..... groundbreaking stuff

It's just more garbage from the media and now some media wannabe's.

Players from different clubs talk to each other. As I said, it’s an inappropriate comment, but I highly doubt he said it based on media whispers or made it up for clicks. He wasn’t the one who named anyone specific. He’ll no doubt be spoken to by Essendon, but I still think there’s something in it.

Nothing wrong with what Draper said. No Bulldogs, in fact the league, should be upset at what Draper said. The league needs to evolve past players being boring automatons. I will say though that this means players from other clubs are already talking to players from the Bulldogs, trying to pry them from the club. That should 100% send off warning alarms at the club.

Players from different clubs talk to each other. As I said, it’s an inappropriate comment, but I highly doubt he said it based on media whispers or made it up for clicks. He wasn’t the one who named anyone specific. He’ll no doubt be spoken to by Essendon, but I still think there’s something in it.

It has been said here, prior to this podcast, that it is well known among players from other clubs that we are in disarray and on the verge of a Bevo-caused exodus.

Draper was maybe overstepping as a player but they have more reach as media figures now. He was likely doing it for some clout but it doesn’t take away from the fact that everyone and their mother apparently knows how ****ed our club is. We all hate the media but it’s probably time to admit there’s a lot of smoke - like when we denied the Hunter stuff only to sack him.

Nothing wrong with what Draper said. No Bulldogs, in fact the league, should be upset at what Draper said. The league needs to evolve past players being boring automatons. I will say though that this means players from other clubs are already talking to players from the Bulldogs, trying to pry them from the club. That should 100% send off warning alarms at the club.

There are a heap of problems with journalism but a decent journalist would verify their information with multiple sources before going with it.

They would also give the club the chance to respond.

Draper has waded into news breaking here and he's done none of those things because he's a footballer rather than a journalist.

There are a heap of problems with journalism but a decent journalist would verify their information with multiple sources before going with it.

Draper has waded into news breaking here and he's done none of those things because he's a footballer rather than a journalist.
There's also the clear conflict of interest which should be managed in journalism (but rarely is in footy media).

There's also the clear conflict of interest which should be managed in journalism (but rarely is in footy media).
Exactly.

If Essendon weren't travelling well and a few players thought they weren't getting a go and wanted to go elsewhere, Draper wouldn't be jumping onto a podcast and telling the world about it.

The club isn't in good shape, that's obvious, but I wouldn't be looking for a footballer from a rival club to confirm that.

A lot of the angst with the club and its messaging in the media and on these boards stems from a massive overating of our players.

We literally have 2 current A graders Bont and Libba and they in particular Libba are closer to the end than we would like.

We have a group of B graders very good but have not yet reached the consistency of an A grader and may never do that:
Naughts
Ed
Jones (there may be a couple more)
Trealor

We have a group who may have been A and B graders in the past, but that may have been A or B graders in the past, but not any more
Daniel and
Macrae

The rest of our better players are either young and developing and therefore inconsistent or have always been inconsistent or only shown to be A and B level players, or C grade players or below.

It is a mid table list, and the only way that changes is the fast-track development of our younger players. This is a recruiting, list management, and coaching player development issue.

It is here where we appear to be the most disjointed, and this lack of clarity and focus on what we are trying to do with our list gives us the list cloggers from other clubs

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that’s why I have no problem with what he did, he is a footballer and not a journalist. People need to stop being so boring.

Sounded like more a general comment than him having any inside word. The names thrown out have been thrown out by other media already.

Agree it’s not a great look for a current player to be commenting like that and suspect Essendon will quietly advise him of that too

Sounded like more a general comment than him having any inside word. The names thrown out have been thrown out by other media already.

Agree it’s not a great look for a current player to be commenting like that and suspect Essendon will quietly advise him of that too
"Hey mate, its Brad Scott here. You have a Podcast yeah? Listen, can you please talk s**t about the Dogs? We really want Macrae, Daniel, Smith, English and maybe that Jamarra bloke. Our ex list manager Dodoro reckons we can get all of them for a third rounder. Just shake the nest a little for us will ya?"

I’ve got a feeling Richmond are going to come hard for JUH. Big club, big games, draft capital to make it happen, need a kPF with Riewoldt gone and Lynch on last legs, JUH right age bracket for rebuild, salary cap to burn with baker, lynch and dusty off books. Need a marquee player.
I’m worried.

Yet Bowes is in the Top of the table cats team and Daniel is not in the Dogs best 22.
Maybe not a plodder, obviously better culture, obviously we overpay average players.
Bowes was an insanely overpaid plodder, it’s a laughable comparison

Genuine question and not meant in an argumentative way but what would have pushed his comments into the ‘out of line’ category? If they weren’t out of line why would his club be furious at him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They weren't eyebrow raising to most of us but I'm sure those at Essendon would just be telling him to think about the unnecessary media attention this will bring him/the club.

I’ve got a feeling Richmond are going to come hard for JUH. Big club, big games, draft capital to make it happen, need a kPF with Riewoldt gone and Lynch on last legs, JUH right age bracket for rebuild, salary cap to burn with baker, lynch and dusty off books. Need a marquee player.
I’m worried.
They are for all intensive purposes cooked though, the big games don't mean so much when they are bottom 4. Hopefully we aren't there next to them.

Do we have a guarantee JUH is staying or not. It keeps getting reported it is just the length of the contract but until signs you never though. Tim not worried about providing we get fair compensation in a top 5 or so pick or just as happy if he stays.

Smith is gone.

Trouble with losing to many of likes of Daniel, Macrae and then fringe older players leave, retire of get delisted and the potential retirements of Libba,J ones and ADZ within 2 years we could quickly become a very poor team. At present we are average and we could go either way.

The decisions this year and next are going to be tough in deciding where we sit in the competition.

Do we have a guarantee JUH is staying or not. It keeps getting reported it is just the length of the contract but until signs you never though. Tim not worried about providing we get fair compensation in a top 5 or so pick or just as happy if he stays.

Smith is gone.

Trouble with losing to many of likes of Daniel, Macrae and then fringe older players leave, retire of get delisted and the potential retirements of Libba,J ones and ADZ within 2 years we could quickly become a very poor team. At present we are average and we could go either way.

The decisions this year and next are going to be tough in deciding where we sit in the competition.
How is Tim going to get a top 5 pick unless dogs end up near the bottom of the ladder come season end? Dogs likely will finish mid table again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back