Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day Dogs fans.

So... Bailey Dale.

An absolute gun on and off-the field, and exactly the kind of player NMFC need for the next few years as we seek to lift ourselves off the bottom of the ladder.

Given the likely departure of Bevo at the end of this season (not trolling/being mean - just assume this is something that you all believe is likely?) do you think Dale would be 'gettable' in a trade?

And if so, what's he likely to cost in terms of draft picks?

Cheers!
Nope

Fair enough.

Just clarifying; what's the general vibe/consensus amongst Bulldogs fans assuming Bevo goes?

Next coach starts a rebuild, or tries to top-up and still compete?

G'day Dogs fans.

So... Bailey Dale.

An absolute gun on and off-the field, and exactly the kind of player NMFC need for the next few years as we seek to lift ourselves off the bottom of the ladder.

Given the likely departure of Bevo at the end of this season (not trolling/being mean - just assume this is something that you all believe is likely?) do you think Dale would be 'gettable' in a trade?

And if so, what's he likely to cost in terms of draft picks?

Cheers!

In no way, shape or form is Dale gettable. Caleb Daniel maybe? But Dale 0%.

Fair enough.

Just clarifying; what's the general vibe/consensus amongst Bulldogs fans assuming Bevo goes?

Next coach starts a rebuild, or tries to top-up and still compete?

I imagine rebuild, but Dale would be one of the guys they'd hold on to. He's only 27, so it's not like his career would be ending by the time we'd be competing again. A player who's 30ish might be moved on by a coach who wanted to rebuild, but I'd guess not someone Dale's age.

I imagine rebuild, but Dale would be one of the guys they'd hold on to. He's only 27, so it's not like his career would be ending by the time we'd be competing again. A player who's 30ish might be moved on by a coach who wanted to rebuild, but I'd guess not someone Dale's age.

Yeah, fair enough then.

Appreciate the insight, dogs fans. Cheers!

Emerging key forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan has put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension.

It means the 22-year-old will remain at the Kennel until at least the end of 2026, committing his future to the red, white and blue.

Having played 51 games for the Dogs thus far, Ugle-Hagan is quickly cementing himself as one of the league’s up and coming forwards, demonstrated by his overhead aerial abilities and creativity inside 50.
Ugle-Hagan said he was thrilled to be remaining a Bulldog.

“I’m really excited to be staying here,” Ugle-Hagan said.

“The Western Bulldogs have looked after me since I was 15 years old with the Next Generation Academy. Ever since then, I have just fallen in love with the Club and it just feels like I’m at home.

“The boys make me feel like we’re a big family … everyone has been amazing since I walked in the doors. The best thing about our job is that we get to go into work every day with our best mates and train and compete with them.”

Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power couldn’t have been more pleased to secure the signature of the forward.

“We’re really excited as a football club that Jamarra has re-signed,” Power said.

“Having been a part of the Bulldogs since the age of 15, Jamarra has built a strong affiliation with the red, white and blue and is seen as a huge part of our future.

“His exciting attributes in the air and ability to impact games at such a young age are qualities that should excite our fans during the next stage of his career.

“Jamarra committing his next two years to the Club is a positive show of faith in what we’re continuing to build and the environment we’re creating.”

Ugle-Hagan, of Gunditjmara, Balardong Noongar and Whadjuk Noongar country, was the No.1 draft pick in 2020 when the Bulldogs matched Adelaide’s bid on the Next Generation Academy prospect.

He became just the second Indigenous player to top the draft - following Des Headland in 1998 - and the Bulldogs’ first number one selection since Adam Cooney in 2003.

Ugle-Hagan joins the likes of Tom Liberatore in re-committing to the club this season.

Oh yes two years shows such faith in what we're doing!

3 years would've indicated absolute euphoric day to day bliss at the club

1 year would show limited faith in what we're doing

0 years is Josh dunkley. Very limited optimism about what we're doing

Oh yes two years shows such faith in what we're doing!

3 years would've indicated absolute euphoric day to day bliss at the club

1 year would show limited faith in what we're doing

0 years is Josh dunkley. Very limited optimism about what we're doing
Pretty sure Bont only does three at a time...

Laughed very hard at the line that we almost won 3 of the 5 games we lost! Good job guys!
I couldn't help but laugh. The way she insults supporters intelligence by trying to rewrite history is hilarious. Why should we be encouraged by the fact that we were somewhat competitive against teams we should've comprehensively beaten up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he is on $500k, you have to pay close to that for depth. You are winning nothing unless you have a squad of at least 32 who can genuinely play a role in the senior side and given where English and Darcy are at the moment he is not expensive depth for those areas at all

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
His contract is actually 1.5mil over 4yrs. So a bit less than 500k a year. In the just below average now for increased cap. I can see him wanting a better deal and playing opportunity elsewhere.

I'm all for Lobb being traded if English stays which is the most likely outcome. Lobb while good depth and was probably more needed last year is now surplus while Darcy is fit and firing. I would not have both leave unless dogs can get another ready ruck in. Also have Croft coming through who should be the next fwd/ruck and daddy Smith as a pickup.

If Dogs were going after Holmes it means they're going to be really aggressive this trade period hopefully and maybe pull a surprise trade. I think with Egan now helping they might snag someone that's probably a good player or at least pry someone from Geelong. Bews maybe or Kolodjashnij.

I'm all for Lobb being traded if English stays which is the most likely outcome. Lobb while good depth and was probably more needed last year is now surplus while Darcy is fit and firing. I would not have both leave unless dogs can get another ready ruck in. Also have Croft coming through who should be the next fwd/ruck and daddy Smith as a pickup.

If Dogs were going after Holmes it means they're going to be really aggressive this trade period hopefully and maybe pull a surprise trade. I think with Egan now helping they might snag someone that's probably a good player or at least pry someone from Geelong. Bews maybe or Kolodjashnij.
Alot of the planned targets have fallen through (Holmes and McCluggage to name two) the only big name left is Rayner unless something happens really late. Most clubs identify potential targets a long time out.

Alot of the planned targets have fallen through (Holmes and McCluggage to name two) the only big name left is Rayner unless something happens really late. Most clubs identify potential targets a long time out.
I agree the big names are usually targeted early but things can change quickly in football.

I’d be very disappointed if we’d go after Bews. 30 year old that can’t get a game in the seniors.

We shouldn’t be targeting anyone over the age of 25 and need to have one eye on the future with any acquisitions.

I’d be very disappointed if we’d go after Bews. 30 year old that can’t get a game in the seniors.

We shouldn’t be targeting anyone over the age of 25 and need to have one eye on the future with any acquisitions.
He's a lock down defender which fills 1 of dogs biggest holes. Duryea is not good enough anymore and they need better depth.

An email that reads like a letter out of a dictatorship. Everything is fine, our kids are educated and people are well fed. Don't listen to those that tell you otherwise, all hail.
cat gatos GIF

It's fine, we're fine, everything is fine....

Pretty sad that despite the position we find ourselves in we currently have picks 28 and 47 to show for it.
On the flip side after the Suns haul last year of Walter, Read, Rogers and Graham they currently hold 2x top ten picks and 3 picks in the early second round.

Pretty sad that despite the position we find ourselves in we currently have picks 28 and 47 to show for it.
On the flip side after the Suns haul last year of Walter, Read, Rogers and Graham they currently hold 2x top ten picks and 3 picks in the early second round.
We will get more and we have our father sons next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back