Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

And he is developing quite nicely in the VFL We aren't flush with KPD options if Jones breaks down we are in a world of hurt

He has been developing nicely after his interrupted first season

Just have to keep him.

Our season hangs on Jones Bont and Liber. They have carried us for far too long

He has been developing nicely after his interrupted first season

Just have to keep him.

Our season hangs on Jones Bont and Liber. They have carried us for far too long
Someone mentioned the Eagles’ offer is 5 x $500k. I’m not sure that’s such a compelling offer. If in 2 years time he is a gun defender he will be on massive unders.

Someone mentioned the Eagles’ offer is 5 x $500k. I’m not sure that’s such a compelling offer. If in 2 years time he is a gun defender he will be on massive unders.
Agree I think we could work around such an offer but there maybe a go home factor

Fair enough.

Just clarifying; what's the general vibe/consensus amongst Bulldogs fans assuming Bevo goes?

Next coach starts a rebuild, or tries to top-up and still compete?
If we don't make finals Bevo is in trouble. Don't think a full blown rebuild is required we need to keep bringing through developing youth. Freijah, Busslinger and Clarke although he was terrible on debut.
Important off season coming up could be quite a turnover of the list

If we don't make finals Bevo is in trouble. Don't think a full blown rebuild is required we need to keep bringing through developing youth. Freijah, Busslinger and Clarke although he was terrible on debut.
Important off season coming up could be quite a turnover of the list
I'm thinking another nine off the list counting trades, retirements and delistings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be very disappointed if we’d go after Bews. 30 year old that can’t get a game in the seniors.

We shouldn’t be targeting anyone over the age of 25 and need to have one eye on the future with any acquisitions.
Agree we are not close to a flag at the minute so 30+ players should be a no go

I'm at the point where unless one of them is a top 5 MID, which isn't looking likely at this point. I'd rather the club ditch sentiment and pick best available, instead of throwing all our picks away chasing more FS for the sake of it, especially if that position is well stocked. Part of our list imbalance has been due to the lack of picks, due to the fact we had to match academy and father son picks. Plus throwing picks away on poor "role" players.

Only a couple of more drafts until it is severely compromised by TAS. Now is the best time to start stocking up and drafting as many players as we can.
Club is happy to pass on Father Sons if they think they aren't worth it. Darcy McPherson for example also there was a Foster that we passed on. Don't feel that we take them just because they have an affiliation with the club only if they rate them

Prefer not to turn over a quarter in one go, especially if you are replacing them with late speculative picks
It depends on our draft hand and whether we have any quality trades coming in or not.

But as it stands I agree. You don't want to be gutting the list with only one pick in the 20s and one pick in the 40s. That's a recipe for a whole new raft of list cloggers.

So you're calling an exodus now
Not all trades so I wouldn't call it an exodus. Beveridge might say an evolution 😉. I think it goes something like
Retire: Libba, JJ, Doc & Keath
Delist: Mcniel
Traded: B.Smith, Daniel, Lobb/English, Buss. (Listed in order of likelyhood).

I think best case is only 2 of the possible 4 trades eventuate (counting English and Lobb as one because if English goes any Lobb deal would be blocked), which Is still 5 off the main list and 2 rookies.

Not all trades so I wouldn't call it an exodus. Beveridge might say an evolution 😉. I think it goes something like
Retire: Libba, JJ, Doc & Keath
Delist: Mcniel
Traded: B.Smith, Daniel, Lobb/English, Buss. (Listed in order of likelyhood).

I think best case is only 2 of the possible 4 trades eventuate (counting English and Lobb as one because if English goes any Lobb deal would be blocked), which Is still 5 off the main list and 2 rookies.
If you listen to the doomsayers they say they're all gone.

I don't buy into Liberatore definitely retiring either.

What I am not buying into is an internet board full of self proclaimed medical professionals.

There has been no suggestion of a forced retirement but everyone is jumping at shadows as usual
As someone in the health space (deliberately vague) I have been stunned by some of the discourse on this. So many people claiming medical knowledge and then committing cardinal sins of medicine by offering strong opinions without an evaluation or even having any knowledge of the situation. It's horrifying.

As someone in the health space (deliberately vague) I have been stunned by some of the discourse on this. So many people claiming medical knowledge and then committing cardinal sins of medicine by offering strong opinions without an evaluation or even having any knowledge of the situation. It's horrifying.
I will clarify my post.
I'm not claiming any knowledge on this, I am not a doctor and for that matter the club don't even know at this stage as it isn't something that can be evaluated in a week.
My opinion is strong purely out of concern for Libba and his family.
I'd love nothing more then to see Libba play on but not at the detriment to himself, the only people that can decide that are the doctors and Libba himself.

I will clarify my post.
I'm not claiming any knowledge on this, I am not a doctor and for that matter the club don't even know at this stage as it isn't something that can be evaluated in a week.
My opinion is strong purely out of concern for Libba and his family.
I'd love nothing more then to see Libba play on but not at the detriment to himself, the only people that can decide that are the doctors and Libba himself.
Similarly, to clarify - I wasn't talking about anything in this thread. Just a general comment spurred on by continued shock at the things being said across BF, other social media, and media more broadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back