Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the club look at Kade De La Rue again at the Mid - Season draft I remember someone saying they interviewed him in the lead up to last year’s draft.
That was me, unfortunately he hasn't really performed at VFL level although in limited game time, I think he ends up on a list but it won't be this year.

Do we have any idea how well Hateley has been playing this year?

A relatively high pick, hard to understand why he didn't make it at the Giants and Crows.
He has been one of the best regularly for Essendons VFL.

Wasn’t it Oskar Baker?

It was Williams. At the time I’m pretty sure there was an injury report that he also went into concussion protocols, much less severe of an injury though

Not convinced McLachlan is the right type for us. Admittedly, I haven't seen a second of him this year, but I always saw him more as a marking player rather then a crumbing player. Also, has his pressure and defensive game improved at all? It was pretty poor from what I saw last year and we need those areas of his game to be good.
Those are just the two smaller goal kicking forwards that are likely to go somewhere, McLachlan reminds me of Tory Dickson. Of the vision I have seen I like Hanily because he is such a natural footballer and gives it absolutely everything, phenomenal work rate for a kid, but he is more West/Garcia type than a guy who'll hurt teams on the scoreboard.

McArthur could be it though if we decide to go back to picking who we have been interested in in the last draft. Can definitely see why we liked him.

A few bits of information I have picked up the last couple of days.
Macrea and Lobb will both be at the Bulldogs next year.
Lobb had alot of interest but his management has been told it won't get off the ground and he is required. There has also been alot of talk in the media about how much money he is on and for how many years but it is a very healthy $1.6Mil (alot already paid) over 4 years.
Macrea had some initial interest but it cooled once contracts had been looked at, either way he is seen as a required player anyway.
A particular interest is on the Murray Bushrangers for this years draft with members of the team being focused on them the last 2 games.

Lobb had alot of interest but his management has been told it won't get off the ground and he is required. There has also been alot of talk in the media about how much money he is on and for how many years but it is a very healthy $1.6Mil (alot already paid) over 4 years.
But surely he would not stay if he cannot get a game. JUH should be dropped (imo) but likely won't, and if Darcy remains healthy he will probably never be dropped with his upside and as a tall with genuine X factor.

Guess it's just early days yet

Macrea had some initial interest but it cooled once contracts had been looked at, either way he is seen as a required player anyway.
A particular interest is on the Murray Bushrangers for this years draft with members of the team being focused on them the last 2 games.
Does the Lobb mail lend itself to English leaving? Or unrelated?

But surely he would not stay if he cannot get a game. JUH should be dropped (imo) but likely won't, and if Darcy remains healthy he will probably never be dropped with his upside and as a tall with genuine X factor.

Guess it's just early days yet
Lobb is contracted for two more years, we will block it like we did with Dunkley. It'd take something extreme, which clubs rightfully won't pay for the club to le him go. Players staying fit is always the hope but not always the case. We have been very lucky this year, hopefully it stays that way but depth is key.

Does the Lobb mail lend itself to English leaving? Or unrelated?
Unrelated, English looks all but deffinetly staying. Lobb is seen as depth too good to pass up. If any one of Darcy, English, Marra or Naught go down we are left with bringing up Croft, L.Smith or getting Gardner to play forward or Ruck.

Unrelated, English looks all but deffinetly staying. Lobb is seen as depth too good to pass up. If any one of Darcy, English, Marra or Naught go down we are left with bringing up Croft, L.Smith or getting Gardner to play forward or Ruck.
So basically offer something really good for Lobb and we will think about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be moving the ''keeping Baz meter'' upto about 75% this morning.
If Libba retires I'd move it to 100%.

All he wants is midfield minutes and years, we're offering less than Hawks but it seems his more inclined to stay with us.

All he wants is midfield minutes and years, we're offering less than Hawks but it seems his more inclined to stay with us.

Great to hear it’s edging closer. We need to keep Baz imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If that’s all that Lobb is on then it’s a no brainer to keep him at $350k a year assuming with front loaded it a little.

It sucks personally for Lobb but from a list management perspective, he’s a very valuable piece to cover multiple positions on the ground.

I’d let him go if the Pies or Demons were happy to hand over their second rounder but if the club is fine keeping him from a salary point of view, there’s no point trading him. We’re not hear to do individual contracted players favours if it’s at the detriment of our list.

Is that all that he wants though?

As Mick Jagger so eloquently said, "You can't always get what ya want but sometimes you get .... you get what ya need...oh yeah mmmmhhmmm...ya get what need....alright"

If we trade our 2025 first for a 2024 first rounder (which I hope we do). I’d like us to pick up Sam Lalor. Bull inside mid, can kick goals too. Trained with us during pre-season.

Would be a good future midfield with Sanders and Baz and abit of Richards.

The way Beveridge rolls Midfielders forward he would be dangerous.

400k per season is pretty cheap for Lobb imo - coming off the year he'd had for Freo and filling a specific need for us at the time.

Contract is definitely not a cap killer even if he's just depth moving forward.

Lobb would get his $500k from some club somewhere and we wouldn't stand in his way if that other club would take on 100% of his contract amount and would pay a reasonable amount in the trade (ie a pick at least in the early 30's).

We got Lobb with a year left in his contract at Freo because he wanted a role and money with us. It would be an outrage if for literally the exact same reasons another club was after him, we held him to his contract.

I'd say it's almost certain he'd leave, but if anything, despite his age and being closer to the end of his career, we'd get as much back as what we paid out for him.

Any idea who we are looking at in the Murray lineup? Joe Berry has been kicking goals of late, quick small forward.

I would like him to stay for the FU Geelong and Hawthorn benefit alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back