Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:

In things like little aths (+ winter cross country) and nippers and soccer the boys and girls generally compete together anyway. In the 90s I recall boys and girls competing together in those sports. You might have some individual gendered awards in some cases (carnivals, pointscore, rep), but in terms of weekly participation I can't see an issue, it wasn't very sex-segregated, your main rival might even be of the other gender, community club age groups tend to be unisex.

Masquerading as trans to gain an edge in little aths just sounds like the typical projecting bs that the cooked are willing prey for.

Last edited:
In things like little aths (+ winter cross country) and nippers and soccer the boys and girls generally compete together anyway. In the 90s I recall boys and girls competing together in those sports. You might have some individual gendered awards in some cases (carnivals, pointscore, rep), but in terms of weekly participation I can't see an issue, it wasn't very sex-segregated, your main rival might even be of the other gender, community club age groups tend to be unisex.

Masquerading as trans to gain an edge in little aths just sounds like the typical bs that the cooked are willing prey for.

We had the very occasional girl play cricket and footy back in juniors, I feel that was more because there wasn't really girls teams for them to play in, I think they'd have rathered play in a girls team most often.

We had the very occasional girl play cricket and footy back in juniors, I feel that was more because there wasn't really girls teams for them to play in, I think they'd have rathered play in a girls team most often.
I think that's true, but there usually wasn't the resources and numbers for that, and a lot of the girls playing footy/cricket blended in as tomboys anyway. High school had some female footy sides, but in juniors it was just open and the primary school rep sides tended to be male sides. I grew up in the country and public schools though which are very co-ed in spirit, might be different in cities or at private and single-sex schools.

I think that's true, but there usually wasn't the resources and numbers for that, and a lot of the girls playing footy/cricket blended in as tomboys anyway. High school had some female footy sides, but in juniors it was just open.

Yeah from memory there was a limit on the girls playing footy and cricket, maybe they couldn't play under 14s or above? So then they had women's teams as the only option. I got my arse kicked by a girl when playing school footy in grade 5, she just ran off me and I couldn't get near her ha ha

I feel like little aths would be the last place this would happen, imagine how much s**t a little boy would get for playing/competing against the girls by his mates? A source would be good.

The couple who made the claim werent known to me so I shut up, a social occasion where I was a +1.

Here is the post I replied to:

Which is why the nutty RWNJs who think blokes are just going to identify as women to win stuff as so misguided.

The couple who made the claim werent known to me so I shut up, a social occasion where I was a +1.

Yes, but people saying that men would change gender to win is something we've all heard said. Usually by RWNJs.

I didn't say it (as in men casually identifying as another gender so they can win) happened, merely people say that.

So yeah, dont try to use me as cover for your s**t posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but people saying that men would change gender to win is something we've all heard said. Usually by RWNJs.
The examples brought up seem to be anti-trans folk purposefully being disingenuous to "show how stupid it is!"

The examples brought up seem to be anti-trans folk purposefully being disingenuous to "show how stupid it is!"
Usually followed by asking if the can identify as a cat or something equally as ridiculous just so they can properly dismiss trans as a joke.

so you heard some gossip from people you don't know at lunch, didn't think it was something you could discuss with them

did think it was something you could post here as an I've heard this is happening......

so you heard some gossip from people you don't know at lunch, didn't think it was something you could discuss with them

did think it was something you could post here as an I've heard this is happening......

Your understanding of the real world never ceases to amaze me.

For example: Lia Catherine Thomas is an American swimmer. In 2017, she began studying at the University of Pennsylvania, from which she graduated in May 2022. She competed on the university's men's swim team from 2017 to 2020, and on its women's swim team from 2021 to 2022.

I'd be miffed if my daughter missed Olympic selection for Ms Thomas:

For example: Lia Catherine Thomas is an American swimmer. In 2017, she began studying at the University of Pennsylvania, from which she graduated in May 2022. She competed on the university's men's swim team from 2017 to 2020, and on its women's swim team from 2021 to 2022.

I'd be miffed if my daughter missed Olympic selection for Ms Thomas:

If there's an unfair biological advantage, prove it. The fact that she won just isn't proof when taken on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back