Opinion The man that is Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly created a bit of a fuss with his latest Executive Order.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-...ich-he-has-business-ties-20170128-gu0ptl.html
A few facts and interesting information to take into account though:

Trump claims to be motivated by the horrific September 11 attacks on New York and Washington, but the countries of which the 19 aircraft hijackers were citizens are not on the list – most came from Saudi Arabia and the rest from the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon.

Also absurdly absent are Pakistan, Turkey and Afghanistan – all of them hotbeds of terror. In excluding them, Trump is grovelling to their leaders, not making a gesture to their people.

But there's something a bit more sinister in his choice of targets.

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

But the same research shows that in the same period nearly 3000 Americans were killed by citizens of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Turkey — most victims of the September 11 attacks.

And oops, wouldn't you know it, Trump has multimillion-dollar business operations in all those countries.

In 2015, he registered eight hotel-related companies in Saudi Arabia, according to The Washington Post; in Turkey, two luxury towers in Istanbul are licensed to use his name; in Egypt, he has two companies; and in the UAE, he has naming and management deals for two golf courses.

screen-shot-2015-12-08-at-2-57-21-pm1.png

Certainly created a bit of a fuss with his latest Executive Order.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-...ich-he-has-business-ties-20170128-gu0ptl.html
A few facts and interesting information to take into account though:

Trump claims to be motivated by the horrific September 11 attacks on New York and Washington, but the countries of which the 19 aircraft hijackers were citizens are not on the list – most came from Saudi Arabia and the rest from the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon.

Also absurdly absent are Pakistan, Turkey and Afghanistan – all of them hotbeds of terror. In excluding them, Trump is grovelling to their leaders, not making a gesture to their people.

But there's something a bit more sinister in his choice of targets.

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

But the same research shows that in the same period nearly 3000 Americans were killed by citizens of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Turkey — most victims of the September 11 attacks.

And oops, wouldn't you know it, Trump has multimillion-dollar business operations in all those countries.

In 2015, he registered eight hotel-related companies in Saudi Arabia, according to The Washington Post; in Turkey, two luxury towers in Istanbul are licensed to use his name; in Egypt, he has two companies; and in the UAE, he has naming and management deals for two golf courses.

View attachment 331360
Get used to it. Whereas Bush and Obama used to twist the truth and bend facts, Trump lies. Openly and defiantly.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/business/media/stephen-bannon-trump-news-media.html
And more interesting background here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...2985f6a265c_story.html?utm_term=.ed131de24029

He (Trump) said that Pakistan was the most dangerous country in the world. It's a dangerous country, terrorism is rampant and they have nukes. Ironically excluding the USA Trump might have a point. So if he thinks Pakistan is the most dangerous country in the world why did they not make the list? Rhetorical, answer in the OP.

Some of the horror stories of people getting blocked at the airport as the ban comes in is really sad, awful. But amidst that is the humor of it all. I mean no-one thought he'd really build a wall... To keep the Mexicans out. And that American consumers will pay for it.

American's will be the biggest victims in all this and you just reap what you sow.

He (Trump) said that Pakistan was the most dangerous country in the world. It's a dangerous country, terrorism is rampant and they have nukes. Ironically excluding the USA Trump might have a point. So if he thinks Pakistan is the most dangerous country in the world why did they not make the list. Rhetorical, answer in the OP.

Some of the horror stories of people getting blocked at the airport as the ban comes in is really sad, awful. But amidst that is the humor of it all. I mean no-one thought he'd really build a wall... To keep the Mexicans out. And that American consumers will pay for it.

American's will be the biggest victims in all this and you just reap what you sow.

Didn't the Russians Rig the US Election?

It doesn't change much about Trump but only Syria was actually named in the executive order, the other 6 countries were named as 'nationals of significant concern' or some such wording, and were put under that heading during the Obama admin, i.e. not necessarily just due to Trumps business dealings.

Again, means little, still awful, but is still a pertinent fact to remember.

Meanwhile...

President Donald Trump granted controversial adviser Steve Bannon a regular seat at meetings of the National Security Council on Saturday, in a presidential memorandum that brought the former Breitbart publisher into some of the most sensitive meetings at the highest levels of government.

The president named Bannon to the council in a reorganization of the NSC. He also said his son-in-law Jared Kushner and chief-of-staff Reince Priebus would have seats in the meetings.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/lo...

Trump also said the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff and the director of national intelligence, two of the most senior defense chiefs, will attend meetings only when discussions are related to their “responsibilities and expertise”.

Wow, just wow:(

It doesn't change much about Trump but only Syria was actually named in the executive order, the other 6 countries were named as 'nationals of significant concern' or some such wording, and were put under that heading during the Obama admin, i.e. not necessarily just due to Trumps business dealings.

Again, means little, still awful, but is still a pertinent fact to remember.
Know all this but as Obama made changes so could have Trump.
Further the conditions just signed by Trump differ to that of Obama.

Didn't the Russians Rig the US Election?
How?
They didn't vote nor make any ones vote physically change.
People went to the elections and cast their vote.
The result is the result.

"The media should just shut up" = Fascism
The media should never shut up.
Conversely the media should report things and let people make up their own minds.
Part of the reason Mr Trump won was because it was SO obvious much of the media was barracking for Mrs Clinton.
Had they toned it down a bit, we likely would have had a different result.

People will only take so much of obvious bias.

Better report the issues and allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Trump is not everyone's cup of tea, but he would have hanged easily if much of the media would have decided not to push so aggressively a PC agenda.

Just my two cents worth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be clear I'm not a supporter of Trump.
Or any side for that matter.

But a divided America is not just on one side, both sides and the media have been rotten.
Get together and be more civil, better outcomes will then be had

The media should never shut up.
Conversely the media should report things and let people make up their own minds.
Part of the reason Mr Trump won was because it was SO obvious much of the media was barracking for Mrs Clinton.
Had they toned it down a bit, we likely would have had a different result.

People will only take so much of obvious bias.

Better report the issues and allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Trump is not everyone's cup of tea, but he would have hanged easily if much of the media would have decided not to push so aggressively a PC agenda.

Just my two cents worth

So you Happy him being Racist by Banning People from Certain Countries.

I agree you have to be Careful with who you let in from those Countries but I don't think a Complete Ban is bit over the Top

So you Happy him being Racist by Banning People from Certain Countries.

I agree you have to be Careful with who you let in from those Countries but I don't think a Complete Ban is bit over the Top
I'm not happy with a lot of things re all sides of politics.
Though he is not the first and won't be the last to impose bans.

As I understand it, he is saying certain visas granted to certain people have to be thoroughly checked.
Have a feeling it's been done before.

Besides my point isn't about Trump per se, it's about both sides and the media being rude and nasty to each other.

I'm not happy with a lot of things re all sides of politics.
Though he is not the first and won't be the last to impose bans.

As I understand it, he is saying certain visas granted to certain people have to be thoroughly checked.
Have a feeling it's been done before.

Besides my point isn't about Trump per se, it's about both sides and the media being rude and nasty to each other.

and Has that any been Different and the only Reason they are in Politics is for themselves

Edit:

I'm taking out the whole article re the contentious recent visas issue in America.

On reflection I don't want to go down a political discourse line.

Not worth the bother.

Other than to say, the mentioned seven countries does not have its origin in the recent day or two.
These countries were noted by the previous administration, as I understand.

In fact as I understand in the lady day or so only Syria is noted.
The other countries are as mentioned from previous times.

We may or may not like Mr Trump but he's a long way from the only one making noises and laws about visas.

That's all I'm saying and will leave it at that.

I'd just prefer certain media outlets to barrack less and report more fully and accurately on the whole situation and allow people to make their own minds up.

Last edited:
and Has that any been Different and the only Reason they are in Politics is for themselves
Many political people are in in part for themselves.
In part todo things.
In part for power and prestige.

Still democracy is the best form of government compared to any other form of government.

Many political people are in in part for themselves.
In part todo things.
In part for power and prestige.

Still democracy is the best form of government compared to any other form of government.
True but Still not close to Perfect

Edit:

I'm taking out the whole article re the contentious recent visas issue in America.

On reflection I don't want to go down a political discourse line.

Not worth the bother.

Other than to say, the mentioned seven countries does not have its origin in the recent day or two.
These countries were noted by the previous administration, as I understand.

In fact as I understand in the lady day or so only Syria is noted.
The other countries are as mentioned from previous times.

We may or may not like Mr Trump but he's a long way from the only one making noises and laws about visas.

That's all I'm saying and will leave it at that.

I'd just prefer certain media outlets to barrack less and report more fully and accurately on the whole situation and allow people to make their own minds up.
Didn't see you as a fence sitter Saintly?
Think there is a bit more than what you have posted having read what Obama intended and what Trump is trying to achieve.

Meanwhile...

President Donald Trump granted controversial adviser Steve Bannon a regular seat at meetings of the National Security Council on Saturday, in a presidential memorandum that brought the former Breitbart publisher into some of the most sensitive meetings at the highest levels of government.

The president named Bannon to the council in a reorganization of the NSC. He also said his son-in-law Jared Kushner and chief-of-staff Reince Priebus would have seats in the meetings.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/lo...

Trump also said the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff and the director of national intelligence, two of the most senior defense chiefs, will attend meetings only when discussions are related to their “responsibilities and expertise”.

Wow, just wow:(
With the danger of invoking a Godwin, Bannon is the modern variant Goebbels. To have such a poisonous mind on the inner sanctum, that doesn't bode well at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back