Solved Truro Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

James William Miller convicted in 1980 of the murder of 6 women (7 were killed ... first girl killed...he wasnt charged) in Adelaide SA over 7 1/2 weeks in late 76/early 77 can apply for parole next year. Six of the bodies were buried near Truro, a small village north of Adelaide.

After serving 20 years (he was sentenced to 6 life terms) his parole appeal in 2000 was denied but was told by the court he could expect to 'be released but not for at least another 15 years. As he has expressed 'regret and shame' and there was a low risk of re-offending the judge stated he should be let out sometime in the future.

If the main person committing these murders, Christopher Worrell hadn't died in a car accident how many more than 7 would have died?

Miller always claimed he never actively participated in the killings.

Miller is 74 ... would he survive outside?

Last edited:
He's a survivor. He should.

Girl over the back fence disappeared in her nightgown tending to the washing line in the backyard. Until they found her body, SAPOL said she was a runway.

My mistake ... since been told he died of cancer in 2008.

The hunt for the Truro serial killers Christopher Worrell and James Miller was the biggest police probe in South Australian history

NIGEL HUNTSUNDAY MAIL (SA)
APRIL 23, 2013

In the weeks before serial killer James William Miller died from terminal cancer, the detective who hunted him down told NIGEL HUNT the murderer deserves no sympathy

GLEN Lawrie can remember walking through the scrub at Truro on a chilly May night almost 30 years ago as if it were only yesterday.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...stralian-history/story-fni0ffnk-1226627305624

In the initial stages of the interview, Miller gave nothing away, denied everything.
Then, slowly but surely, he opened up and told Lawrie and Foster everything - putting the blame squarely on Worrell.
Miller said he was simply the driver and left Worrell and the girls alone after driving them to Truro.
That night and the next day he helped Lawrie and Foster locate more skeletal remains at Truro and Port Gawler - where Deborah Lamb's remains were found.
Lawrie did not believe for a second Miller was just “a chauffeur'' for Worrell.
He firmly believed Miller - a powerful man - was the dominant personality in their murderous partnership that had its genesis in Yatala Labour Prison when Miller was sexually abusing the submissive Worrell.

Todman

Always read Miller was the patsy ... interesting...that the cop says this maens its correct?

I went to school with one of the victims. It was a very sad time for her family and friends. No doubt it was also for the others sadly effected.

Years later I purchased a property in the South East of SA. A year after purchasing, I found out that the stretch of road just around the corner from my place was the spot where Worrell supposedly had his fatal car crash. Life can be a strange and ironic experience at times!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back