Tuqiri sacked by aru

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a cynic, but this was clearly coming for some time if he was being left out of squads etc. Reckon they waited till July 1st to prevent him getting picked up by league? Not that he'd be much good these days, wouldnt be used to actually playing a game where the ball leaves the middle third of the field.

Surprised it was this soon, but not that surprised considering he was cut from the recent squad. I think he wrote last week that he wouldn't consider League, but now that he no longer has a future with the Wallabies it might become an option. Would have to take a pay cut though.

The fact that he got cut on the 1st of July (1st day of new financial year) is an interesting fact.

It looks like the ARU and Lote have both been aware that this would be happening for a while as Lote has already hired lawyers and it is already ready to go into legal proceedings.

Sounds like it is a small offence that on its own wouldnt be that bad, but grouped with his other offences that he has been warned about it was the final straw. The fact he is on such a huge contract and that he cant even crack the match day 22 atm (with his competition all younger and quicker than him) was probably another incentive for the ARU to get rid of him so they didnt have to deal financially with his contract for the next 2 years.

I feel for the bloke, but that could change if and when we find out what he did. And he wont be starved of opportunities outside Aussie rugby anyway, European/Japanese rugby and the NRL will all be dying to get his signature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back