Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: lmach8's Scoreboard Graphic Designs

Lose the red background and lighten up the logos and that would work quite well as a scoreboard used after a goal is kicked.

Re: TV Broadcast Graphics

I've done a few of these over the years. This is one from a while ago.

28kh4xe.jpg

15foxth.jpg

Willow, Like This?
tvgraphics.png

tvgraphicsaflgame.jpg

tvgraphicsaflgame.jpg

I'm sure they'd all look less dated if the font wasn't Eras. I like it. Great job.

Cheers gibbsy!

Yeah I definately agree on the font, though that is just something that has managed to survive through many years of these (basically because I couldn't be assed looking for a new one to use).

The origin of these was actually little things i made for each team to make a fixture just of the Adelaide games. Something that had a bit of colour and could be printed up and put on a wall for quick reference. So the nucleus of this actually started back in 2002, and each year I learned more photoshop techniques and updated and came up with new designs. The last few years I have used the same thing though, but only the little swirly logo part and then plain text next to it.

I adapted one of my older ones (2004 iirc) into TV graphics too, but they are far too embarassing to post here :D

Though I did go all out and do an animation of the commentators graphic as it would appear/dissapear on screen. The timing is right when it is opened in an animation editing program, but for some reason is slow whenever i view the file itself so it may appear slow here. But this will give you an idea of how the whole designs would look on TV anyway.

Commentators.gif

Cheers gibbsy!

Yeah I definately agree on the font, though that is just something that has managed to survive through many years of these (basically because I couldn't be assed looking for a new one to use).

The origin of these was actually little things i made for each team to make a fixture just of the Adelaide games. Something that had a bit of colour and could be printed up and put on a wall for quick reference. So the nucleus of this actually started back in 2002, and each year I learned more photoshop techniques and updated and came up with new designs. The last few years I have used the same thing though, but only the little swirly logo part and then plain text next to it.

I adapted one of my older ones (2004 iirc) into TV graphics too, but they are far too embarassing to post here :D

Though I did go all out and do an animation of the commentators graphic as it would appear/dissapear on screen. The timing is right when it is opened in an animation editing program, but for some reason is slow whenever i view the file itself so it may appear slow here. But this will give you an idea of how the whole designs would look on TV anyway.

Commentators.gif

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Thats AWESOME - Great Job Mate!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just a little too hard to read. Think about ease and simplicity. When you read a website, a black-on-white one is preferable to white-on-black. It's a matter of contrast. That's the major fault of your design.

I think it would work better if the score graphic was above the red. Then it could turn over like a counter on a manual scoreboard.

Did a remake of the generic my AFL broadcast graphic
scoregraph4.png
That is pretty much perfect (for me). Well done.

tvgraphicsaflgame.jpg

Better?

It's just a little too hard to read. Think about ease and simplicity. When you read a website, a black-on-white one is preferable to white-on-black. It's a matter of contrast. That's the major fault of your design.

tvgraphicsaflgame.jpg

Would This Be Better

So I've been inspired to have another go at these, to try and come up with something completely new. So without further adieu...

EDIT: Excuse the random sizes, I'm sure you know how big they are meant to be :eek::cool:
The opener:
Opener.png

The commentators:
Commentators-1.png

The main scoreboard:
MainScoreboard.png

The scorebug:
Scorebug-1.png

The player info:
PlayerInfo-1.png

The stats:
Top5.png

The attendance:
Attendance.png

And the final scores:
FinalScores.png

Haha same here lmach :thumbsu: I think they're great scoreboard graphics, would suit channel 10 IMO. These are pretty much perfect, mate. Well done :thumbsu: I also think if you were to change one thing, I'd have the teams names like the english premier league scoreboard has, with the colour indicator and the white with black names?

s**t sorry I meant change the font of daulhaus' one, yours is great.

Haha same here lmach :thumbsu: I think they're great scoreboard graphics, would suit channel 10 IMO. These are pretty much perfect, mate. Well done :thumbsu: I also think if you were to change one thing, I'd have the teams names like the english premier league scoreboard has, with the colour indicator and the white with black names?

Now that I think about it its kinda a mix between what channel nine used to have and channel tens latest designs. I think it'd suit fox pretty well too actually. Though I used seven cos i think their graphics need a freshen the most.

I know what ur saying bout the premier league style, but I've always liked the idea of the actual colours in the whole thing representing the team. Notice there are no club logos anywhere, cos the colours on their own represent them. The only problem would be Carlton v Geelong.

I think in 09ish channel nine did it for the NRL and I thought it looked great! Fox do something similar with the a-league this season but its a bit of a half-assed attempt IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back