Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 will be showing the NFL on Free To Air TV for the next 5 years including 3 consecutive live games, ending with the blockbuster NFL Sunday Night Football, all live on 7mate.

Channel 7 will also broadcast the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl live, will show video clips online and will air specials such as Hard Knocks, Sound FX, A Football Life, Road to the Super Bowl, Road to the Playoffs and America’s Game.

Getting Hard Knocks and all those other shows is pretty incredible as well.

An actually good FTA deal.

Wonder how it will affect Gamepass?

The press release says they're going to show the NFL on Seven Mate, and that the coverage includes three Sunday games. The 4 o'clock game and SNF will clash with Sunrise on a Monday morning so there's no chance that NFL will be on the main seven channel.

So can we take from that 7 won't be showing TNF & MNF or am I reading too much into it?

I read it the same way as you, they won't show TNF or MNF. Just the 3 games on our Monday and special occasion games like Thanksgiving. Will need either Foxtel or Gamepass to see TNF and MNF.

I'm assuming this deal doesn't force any GamePass matches to be blacked-out like what happens in the UK?

Don't assume anything yet. IT's possible it might.

I'm assuming this deal doesn't force any GamePass matches to be blacked-out like what happens in the UK?
I will be furious if this happens

I missed Broncos v Cowboys last year when I was in London because of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it the same way as you, they won't show TNF or MNF. Just the 3 games on our Monday and special occasion games like Thanksgiving. Will need either Foxtel or Gamepass to see TNF and MNF.
Which is always what was on channel one I think.

As long as it doesn't effect ESPN showing of playoff games/superbowl (no 7mate on foxtel) and Gamepass, then this is amazing deal for NFL fans.

This last paragraph is confusing though

The partnership between Seven and the NFL expands beyond television to Seven’s digital platforms, including online and Hybrid Broadcast Broadband Television for select NFL programming and video clips on Seven’s primary digital properties. In addition, Seven will be the digital advertising representatives for NFL.com and m.nfl.com in Australia, which traffic volumes rank in the top 5 for the NFL globally. Lastly, Seven will promote the highly successful NFL Game Pass digital subscription product, which contains a vast offering of live and archived games and other NFL content on PCs, tablets and smartphones.

They are promoting Gamepass? this could mean either way. But then ESPN shows ads of Gamepass all the time.

This last paragraph is confusing though
They are promoting Gamepass? this could mean either way. But then ESPN shows ads of Gamepass all the time.
I take it to mean that you can watch certain things on other media devices (ipad, tablet) and that 7 will be advertising NFL mobile and gamepass.

This is just a really good deal for NFL fans in Australia. Maybe it leads to other sports being shown as well.

One didn't show MNF, but they did show TNF in 2012 and for some of 2013 IIRC
ONE showed MNF in their first year of showing the NFL but dropped it around the same time they dropped their NBA coverage.

Excited by the extra NFL additions in this new deal. But expect the majority of games to be on 7MATE and the Superbowl to be on 7 with the knuckleheads from Sunrise doing the lead-in from Arizona.

This is awesome news!!! I have ESPN but FTA exposure is great, and the extras that come with it just put the icing on the cake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back