TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

No, what is it about?

It is okay, I checked out IMDB, will check it out.
At the moment I am going to check out Penny Dreadful which has been recommended to me.

It's about the cut-throat world of early computers. Some quite dorky lines in there but altogether pretty entertaining.

What did you think of how it played out?
It was probably predictable in the end. It was becoming obvious that if he succeeded that 2016 was going to be a lot different when he returned. I thought he got out of the pickle with the FBI/Police a little easily. Not sure how the President was aware that he actually saved them. Might have to re-watch that bit. All in all the ending was ok. Bit of a feel good ending knowing there wasn't any continuation to the story. It could have turned into a Groundhog Day and I'm probably glad it didn't.

It was probably predictable in the end. It was becoming obvious that if he succeeded that 2016 was going to be a lot different when he returned. I thought he got out of the pickle with the FBI/Police a little easily. Not sure how the President was aware that he actually saved them. Might have to re-watch that bit. All in all the ending was ok. Bit of a feel good ending knowing there wasn't any continuation to the story. It could have turned into a Groundhog Day and I'm probably glad it didn't.
I think they could have played up the meeting in 2016
Something like "do you remember meeting a young man in the soda shop in 1960"
That would have opened up some interesting dialogue between the two

I think it just petered out. The writers seemed to struggle to find the balance between telling the story of a man in a different time trying to change history, and a love story within that setting. I thought they did admirably although once Johnny enters the picture, I think it focuses on the love story a little much at the expense of the overarching premise. I just read the Wikipedia page on the novel and I think I'd prefer it to the television show. It seems a little more fleshed out at the end.

Watched This is England 90 all in one night. Along with the movie and the previous two miniseries it is probably the best TV show I have ever watched the guy who made it is a genius

I've been meaning to watch it, heard very good things. Great to have GoT back although the problem with good shows is they just seem to finish too quickly.
Your right. Vikings and Better Call Saul have just finished literally what seems like 2 weeks since they started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen Vikings but what a cliffhanger in Better Call Saul, you could see it coming though. Well played by Chuck.
I'm surprised Jimmy didn't see it coming. Was pretty obvious. Jimmy broke the golden rule of "Deny everything, admit nothing, demand proof and make allegations":D I like the way Mike is turning into the character we love from BB also.

Silicon Valley is back too. Pretty funny

Will have to check it out, after you mentioned Peaky Blinders the other day I managed to "obtain" Season 1, watched the first episode last night and fair to say I'm hooked already.

It's always nice to be able to binge watch something new rather than be drip fed episodes one by one, although I'm sure it won't take me long to be up to date.

Will have to check it out, after you mentioned Peaky Blinders the other day I managed to "obtain" Season 1, watched the first episode last night and fair to say I'm hooked already.

It's always nice to be able to binge watch something new rather than be drip fed episodes one by one, although I'm sure it won't take me long to be up to date.
Peaky Blinders is very "bingeable":)

If anyone enjoys a good British police show I just finished watching Line of Duty, absolutely brilliant.
Punched out the firat 2 seasons over the last week or so. Really good show.

Yeah good to hear and the best is yet to come. Season 3 is brilliant.
Don't know when I;ve had time to fit it in, but I managed to watch season 3. Very good. A few things irked me about it. The courtroom stuff in particular. If she had this tape why didn't she use it in the original trial and not wait till the appeal. Stuff like that. Courtroom scenes in TV generally piss me off though. They are never very realistic. ie Defendant alleges copper plants money, Jury gasps!! Shock, horror. Then acquits. Apart from little things like that, it was a great show. I hope they are planning more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back