Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Vantz , I have nominated my keepers

up for trades on J Caddy, B Cunnington, M Luenberger, T Nicholls, J Harbrow, M Paparone, D Petrie, J Thurlow, J Jenkins, D Lang, J Griffen, D Heppell ;)

Id be interested in these guys somewhat, depending on what you were looking for.

Like I said guys, IM more than happy to keep the whole keeper league aspect.

Everyone has drafted their team with a look to the future. But people coming and going is going to make it hard to maintain.

Anyways, we shall see how we go this year.

Anyways, there was 1 big change I think we were all in favour for and that was changing the starting ruckmen from 2 to 1. I remember (especially being a keeper league) there was just not enough ruckmen to go around.

I was 100% against this and absolutely do not want to support the fact that people didn't prioritize rucks.

There will be MANY more teams running two ruckmen this year.

I can't support this.

I CAN support less bench cover, to force people not to bank a lot of players on their bench.

Seriously?
It takes a dump on that shitpile on afl.com.au, and supercoach.

Well, you're mileage might vary, but I think UF looks like something from 2007. It's terrible to use on mobile devices and the app is a SHOCKER.

But happy to stay with it.

Well, you're mileage might vary, but I think UF looks like something from 2007. It's terrible to use on mobile devices and the app is a SHOCKER.

But happy to stay with it.

The app is a shocker, but DT apps and supercoach apps are no better IMO.
I dont use the app at all.

I think they've updated the style of it, but remembering that this started as a few blokes making a new fantasy site, and was only taken over by the age last season, rather than being backed by the AFL or Herald Sun from inception.

The first year they had drafting on AFL Dream Team the system and layout were an absolute disgrace.

I was 100% against this and absolutely do not want to support the fact that people didn't prioritize rucks.

I can't support this.

I CAN support less bench cover, to force people not to bank a lot of players on their bench.

The trouble is there physically weren't enough rucks at certain points last year.
I had 2 rucks out and could not even add a ruck because there were zero available that were playing.

I see your point about playing more rucks now because no sub rule, however I don't actually think it will result in much change to lineups.

And sorry to be a pain, what are playing numbers?

Like how many backs, mids, fwds etc. azza77

6 backs, 8 mids, 2 rucks, 6 forwards.

I can't support this.

Do you not remember that least year, due to the fact that squad sizes were so large and people needed to hoard adequate cover as they didn't want to end up having to desalt a good player, that there were almost no ruckmen left? Im not sure if you remember, but its not even that people didn't prioritise rucks, there just weren't enough to even go around.

There are 10 teams, 2 rucks = 20 available and playing ruckmen. By the time you factor in people needing depth and what not, it got pretty ridiculous.

IM happy to sit here and compromise and discuss a work around, but the ruck situation last year was pretty ridiculous.

The app is a shocker, but DT apps and supercoach apps are no better IMO.
I dont use the app at all.

I think they've updated the style of it, but remembering that this started as a few blokes making a new fantasy site, and was only taken over by the age last season, rather than being backed by the AFL or Herald Sun from inception.

The first year they had drafting on AFL Dream Team the system and layout were an absolute disgrace.

They have deleted the app for 2016 and made a mobile friendly website which pretty much acts like an app.

All you need to do now is bookmark UF on the home screen of your phone and it is essentially the same thing.

OK I've done my keepers.

On the trade table is Jack Ziebell.

Anyone interested? Looking for a Back or a Ruck. I realise that they have a premium on them, so looking for someone around the 80-85 mark (given Ziebell is a 90 a game mid)

I have Tippett, Leunberger, Nicholls & Griffen as rucks, Tippo is a DP as well.

backs - Harbrow, Paparone, Ibbotson, might even consider SPurr

To be honest, I've only ever done draft style on UF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 backs, 8 mids, 2 rucks, 6 forwards.

Do you not remember that least year, due to the fact that squad sizes were so large and people needed to hoard adequate cover as they didn't want to end up having to desalt a good player, that there were almost no ruckmen left? Im not sure if you remember, but its not even that people didn't prioritise rucks, there just weren't enough to even go around.

There are 10 teams, 2 rucks = 20 available and playing ruckmen. By the time you factor in people needing depth and what not, it got pretty ridiculous.

IM happy to sit here and compromise and discuss a work around, but the ruck situation last year was pretty ridiculous.

No, you didn't have good rucks because I had four.

Some people prioritized young players. I took extra rucks because they were scarce, and I wanted a prized asset that I could trade.

My possible keepers had three rucks in it. I don't want to release good players that I've sacrificed to get so that others can get them cheap.

You're taking a valuable asset and immediately halving its value.

There would be a minimum of 28 to 30 playing rucks each week in the AFL, surely.

OK I've done my keepers.

On the trade table is Jack Ziebell.

Anyone interested? Looking for a Back or a Ruck. I realise that they have a premium on them, so looking for someone around the 80-85 mark (given Ziebell is a 90 a game mid)
Post your 16 keepers here. I might be looking for a defender.

No, you didn't have good rucks because I had four.

Some people prioritized young players. I took extra rucks because they were scarce, and I wanted a prized asset that I could trade.

My possible keepers had three rucks in it. I don't want to release good players that I've sacrificed to get so that others can get them cheap.

You're taking a valuable asset and immediately halving its value.

There would be a minimum of 28 to 30 playing rucks each week in the AFL, surely.
I see Kristoff point. He snapped up McEvoy the same week I had a waiver claim on him and it was a great pick. I'm not overly fussed either way as I'm comfortable with my 2 starting rucks, and think I could get a third in the draft. If the league is only 8 teams in 2016 (potentially), the ruck issue will be gone. But with 10 I do see some teams really struggling, as most teams will have 4 rucks in their squads.

The fact that you'd be forced to trade way overs, for a ruckmen to even complete your own starting 22 is complete bullshit imo. There should always be a handful of playing players in the reserves at least so people can complete their team from free agents, regardless of how good or bad they are.

The fact that there are 0 available players playing in the pool is just not how the game is played.

Last year there were multiple people copping 0s of no fault of their own, purely as there weren't enough rucks to go around. I copped a few 0s when I had ruckmen pull out late or wasn't able to pick up a playing ruckmen fast enough between teams and lockout.

You trade overs for things that have higher value.

Players here have gotten mids on the cheap because there's lots of them. Now their sides look fantastic.

If we're changing the rules that drastically, we should redraft and start again.

LEAGUE UPDATE

Geoffa32 - You need to deselect 4 players. Only 16 Keepers buddy :p Sneaky Sneaky!
Kristof - You still have not yet joined the league. http://ultimate-footy2.theage.com.au/577600/invitation

I think a compromise can and needs to be found. I'll vote for a reduction in ruck from 2-to-1 if Azza agrees to a trade with Kris for one of his ruckman. It is clear why each of you have taken your respective sides. Kris has drafted well and found 3 good ruckman within the current rules and should not be disadvantaged by a proposed rule change. Azza on the flip side has only one genuine ruckman, whose body is questionable and feels he has no real chance of winning if we continue to go forward with this system.

You do need to find a trade to find a ruck, if you don't think you will get one in the draft, and to be fair the reason you may pay slight overs for a ruck is because they are rare. I know I paid overs to get a ruck last year. Discuss them here I'm sure to a neutral observers we can see whether the trade would be fair or not.

Here is a list of Rucks from the 6 teams who have selected going back into the draft
J. Ceglar HW - R
S. McKernanES - R
B. LongerSK - R
Z. ClarkeFR - R,F
T. Downie GWS - R
J. Hannath FR - R,F
M. LeuenbergerES - R,F
T. NichollsGC - R
J. GriffinFR - R,F
C. Wood CA - R
M. Jamar ES - R
S. Lycett WC - R,F
J. Roughead WB - B,R

16 Keeper Squads
knobby - 2 Rucks
L. Parker SY - C
H. Shaw GWS - B
L. Hodge HW - C
J. Newnes SK - C
P. Dangerfield GE - C
B. Cunnington NM - C
D. Armitage SK - C
S. Jacobs AD - R
D. Zorko BL - C,F
J. Kennedy WC - F
T. Lynch GC - F
L. Breust HW - F
T. McDonald ME - B
C. Guthrie GE - C
L. Spurr FR - B
K. Tippett SY - R,F

Geoffa32 - 2 Rucks (4 to be cut)
S. Coniglio GWS - C
D. Rich BL - B,C
J. Adcock WB - B,F
N. Vlastuin RI - B
J. McGovern WC - B
S. Pendlebury CW - C
N. Fyfe FR - C
K. Jack SY - C
O. Wines PA - C
S. Mitchell HW - C
A. Sandilands FR - R
R. Gray PA - C
T. Adams CW - C
E. Betts AD - F
C. Bird ES - C,F
G. Horlin-Smith GE - C
J. Cameron GWS - F
L. Jetta WC - C
M. Blicavs GE - C,R
J. de Goey CW - C,F

DangerSloane - 0 Rucks
Player -
K. Simpson CA - B
P. Hanley BL - C
A. Mackie GE - B
M. Priddis WC - C
T. Boak PA - C
G. Ablett GC - C
B. Crouch AD - C
D. Mundy FR - C
H. Hartlett PA - C
S. Hill FR - C
J. Ziebell NM - C
S. Motlop GE - C,F
J. Elliott CW - F
C. Rioli HW - F
T. Lynch AD - F
T. Bell BL - C,F

Vantz - 2 Rucks
D. Beams BL - C
A. Treloar CW - C
J. Macrae WB - C
B. Ellis RI - C
J. Steven SK - C
M. Lobbe PA - R
L. Dahlhaus WB - C,F
A. Christensen BL - C,F
I. Heeney SY - F
J. Hogan ME - F
S. Sidebottom CW - C
K. Kolodjashnij GC - B
J. Gunston HW - F
T. Greene GWS - C,F
R. Sloane AD - C
M. Gawn ME - R

Danoz - 2 Rucks
A. Gaff WC - C
B. Houli RI - B
M. Broadbent PA - B
C. Ward GWS - C
D. Prestia GC - C
D. Swallow GC - C
M. Murphy CA - C
I. Smith HW - C
I. Maric RI - R
M. Kreuzer CA - R
B. Deledio RI - F
J. Crisp CW - C
J. Viney ME - C
M. Robinson BL - C,F
P. Cripps CA - C
J. Stringer WB - F

azza77 - 1 to select - 1 Ruck
J. McVeigh SY - B,C
M. Suckling WB - B,F
T. Rockliff BL - C
M. Barlow FR - C,F
M. Duncan GE - C
A. Swallow NM - C
L. Neale FR - C
L. Montagna SK - C,F
S. Mumford GWS - R
L. Franklin SY - F
H. Bennell FR - C,F
M. Walters FR - F
R. Laird AD - B
S. Edwards RI - C,F
E. Yeo WC - B,C

I really appreciate what you're trying to do, Vantz, but it is such a dramatic change of the rules on the fly which really disadvantages my team.

One of the reasons I did well last year was prioritizing rucks when others didn't. And now people want to change the rules because they didn't put enough emphasis on rucks when putting their initial squads together.

If we go to one ruck, there is almost NO reason to have a ruck in your 16 keepers, because there will be at LEAST half a dozen good rucks available in the draft.

Here is a trade suggestion, knowing Kris has already proposed a trade for Dureya, that could break this deadlock. Again just a suggestion from a neutral.

Kristof
Gains: L. Neale (ave 101.4), Taylor Dureya (D)
Losses: NicNat, S. Thompson or T.Scully
Thoughts: Upgrades to a young promising midfielder for the next decade.

azza77
Gains: Nic Nat (ave. 88.3), S. Thompson or T.Scully
Losses: L. Neale
Thoughts: Gains one of the best rucks in the game who is only just coming into his prime.

Vantz
Gains: Any random I will waiver
Losses: Taylor Duryea

Also need a yay or nay from Allefgib. The "Big fella" is always on. Let us know. I know you were not overly active last year. So if it's a no we can find someone to replace your spot.

I'm happy to roll with 2 rucks again if that's what people want.

All I'm saying is I remember it being a big issue last year and people struggled to find playing rucks because everyone hoarded them on their benches. We discussed making a possible change going into 2016 and pretty much everyone was on board.

I had 2 playing rucks at the start of the year Vantz. I can't remember who but I think I selected Mumford along with hickey or longer. Was chasing my tail all season.

Maybe everyone has to keep two rucks? That would perhaps be fair for this year, if we're trying to do a rule change on the fly.

Here is a trade suggestion, knowing Kris has already proposed a trade for Dureya, that could break this deadlock. Again just a suggestion from a neutral.

Kristof
Gains: L. Neale (ave 101.4), Taylor Dureya (D)
Losses: NicNat, S. Thompson or T.Scully
Thoughts: Upgrades to a young promising midfielder for the next decade.

azza77
Gains: Nic Nat (ave. 88.3), S. Thompson or T.Scully
Losses: L. Neale
Thoughts: Gains one of the best rucks in the game who is only just coming into his prime.

Vantz
Gains: Any random I will waiver
Losses: Taylor Duryea

I'd be happy to do something like this. Also - Danger maybe doesn't have a ruck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back