Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to roll with 2 rucks again if that's what people want.

All I'm saying is I remember it being a big issue last year and people struggled to find playing rucks because everyone hoarded them on their benches. We discussed making a possible change going into 2016 and pretty much everyone was on board.

I had 2 playing rucks at the start of the year Vantz. I can't remember who but I think I selected Mumford along with hickey or longer. Was chasing my tail all season.
Yes I agree. It is an issue. i'm really 50/50 about it. I just see how if I was in Kris position i'd be antsy about changing things up.

Well looking at Kristof team, your third ruck is McEvoy? If we could make a trade with DangerSloane for a ruck, as he has none, would we think about going from 2-1. We could change the ruck to a utility, so those teams with 2 gun rucks could still play their 2 rucks.

If we're running with one ruck, I'm not sure if play a second as the utility.

Admittedly, I did play McEvoy there the last six weeks and he averaged 90.

So - are we doing our final cuts now?

Just thinking about injury etc.

I'm happy to roll with 2 rucks again if that's what people want.

All I'm saying is I remember it being a big issue last year and people struggled to find playing rucks because everyone hoarded them on their benches. We discussed making a possible change going into 2016 and pretty much everyone was on board.

I had 2 playing rucks at the start of the year Vantz. I can't remember who but I think I selected Mumford along with hickey or longer. Was chasing my tail all season.

How do you feel about the trade Vantz suggested?

So - are we doing our final cuts now?

Just thinking about injury etc.
No, Just getting rough ideas in. I think we leave it open until maybe a week before the draft. Just need to confirm, type of draft (Live/Long) and if Live draft we probably look at doing it towards end of NAB Cup.

I think it could be fun to do a long draft from late in the NAB.

Issue is time and people who take an eternity to pick (...DangerSloane :D)if it was a long draft. Even with only 160 picks.

Yeah. Still - if everyone agreed to be reasonably efficient with it and we put a time limit on it (?) it could be fun.

Well lets look at it this way...

Ade: Jacobs
Bri: Martin + possibly West
Car: Kruz + possibly Gorringe/Phillips
Coll: Grundy + Witts
Ess: Berger + Mckernan
Freo: Sandi + Clarke. Possibly also Griffin/Hananth
Gee: Blicavs + Zmith. Possibly Stanley/Vardy
GC: Nicholls
GWS: Mumford (doubt Lobb will play in the same side)
Haw: Mcevoy + Ceglar
Mel: Gawn and probably Spencer
Nth: Goldy + probably Daw
Port: Lobbe
Ric: Maric + Hampson
Saints: Longer (doubt Hickey will play at the same time)
Syd: Sinclair + Tippett
Wce: Nic nat + Sinclair
WBD: Minson + Roughead

By my count that is around 24 rucks that will definitely be playing from week to week with another 5-7 that are possibles to play. Thats in an ideal world though, its enough rucks to play 2 rucks each, but only just really.

The biggest problem is, that the drop off from a good ruckmen, and someone like a Gorringe or Daw or Hampson that you'd have to play, is daylight apart compared to like a good midfielder/defender/forward and someone you can nab off of the waivers.

Like I said, I'm happy to keep rolling with 2 rucks for this season as see how it plays out again.

Also, I would much prefer to play with 10 players than 8.

Here is a trade suggestion, knowing Kris has already proposed a trade for Dureya, that could break this deadlock. Again just a suggestion from a neutral.

Kristof
Gains: L. Neale (ave 101.4), Taylor Dureya (D)
Losses: NicNat, S. Thompson or T.Scully
Thoughts: Upgrades to a young promising midfielder for the next decade.

azza77
Gains: Nic Nat (ave. 88.3), S. Thompson or T.Scully
Losses: L. Neale
Thoughts: Gains one of the best rucks in the game who is only just coming into his prime.

Vantz
Gains: Any random I will waiver
Losses: Taylor Duryea

I don't mind that trade and it would come into consideration, but I don't see what you gain out if it Vantz?

I don't mind that trade and it would come into consideration, but I don't see what you gain out if it Vantz?

Why don't you two message and come up with something?

I do agree one ruck is probably a better game - but it DOES really impact me so I need some way of equalizing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you'd be forced to trade way overs, for a ruckmen to even complete your own starting 22 is complete bullshit imo. There should always be a handful of playing players in the reserves at least so people can complete their team from free agents, regardless of how good or bad they are.

The fact that there are 0 available players playing in the pool is just not how the game is played.

Last year there were multiple people copping 0s of no fault of their own, purely as there weren't enough rucks to go around. I copped a few 0s when I had ruckmen pull out late or wasn't able to pick up a playing ruckmen fast enough between teams and lockout.
I always grab extra Rucks. Why don't you?

You trade overs for things that have higher value.

Players here have gotten mids on the cheap because there's lots of them. Now their sides look fantastic.

If we're changing the rules that drastically, we should redraft and start again.
Correct - change of rules is a redraft for mine.. .now to catch up with WTF you are talking about.

Too busy hobnobbing with Fages to have caught up on all this but have been looking forward to it.

I always grab extra Rucks. Why don't you?

I drafted 3 ruckmen that were starting and playing round 1 of 2015. Due to injuries and player movement, I was left with playing one Lobb/Phillips and Jack Hannath....:oops::oops:

Correct - change of rules is a redraft for mine.. .now to catch up with WTF you are talking about.

Too busy hobnobbing with Fages to have caught up on all this but have been looking forward to it.

Good to have you back on board :)

Im assuming CC is in based on him liking my post.

I drafted 3 ruckmen that were starting and playing round 1 of 2015. Due to injuries and player movement, I was left with playing one Lobb/Phillips and Jack Hannath....:oops::oops:
every week, that i was active, I made sure to try and pick up any rucks who were playing to put them in my emerg/bench.

You can't help bad luck sometimes.

Good to have you back on board :)

Im assuming CC is in based on him liking my post.
Thanks budyd - thanks for the 'tag'.

I hardly ever look in the backyard... too busy these days. if it shows up in reports it gets look at first. Then if I have time I try to stay in touch with key footy threads ;)

So 16 keepers right? I think I've nominated that... doesn't seem to be enforced by the system though?

You nominate your 16 as agreed by the league. The league commissioner (now Vantz, there's been a shift in power haha) then has to process them and give them the okay. You can nominate more than 16 if you like, but at the end of the day the final decision lies with Vantz and so he can pick and choose for you, and I don't think he will play nice;)

You nominate your 16 as agreed by the league. The league commissioner (now Vantz, there's been a shift in power haha) then has to process them and give them the okay. You can nominate more than 16 if you like, but at the end of the day the final decision lies with Vantz and so he can pick and choose for you, and I don't think he will play nice;)

I'm CHOMPING down hard on rule breakers this season. This is who I get my leadership inspiration from. No discussion, just "Captains Call."

The two ruckman was not a major issue for me personally, but I can see how it could be a blight on our league and cause people to give up, like I think happened last season if they cannot field a full team. If we do decide to play with 10 league teams this year. (CC actually playing and a new person) the rucks will be thin.

So just looking at the two remaining teams yet to be assigned. Hanks team has Smith and Sinclair, while CC team has Ryder (suspended) and that is it.

I think we need to have a vote and try and appease Kris through some sort of trade to reduce his ruck stocks from 3-to-2. He is the only one with 3 rucks in his 16. I'd suggest if we go down this path we make the ruck position a UTL, changing from 1-to-2. The second rucks would still be averaging more than most would have had their 1st UTL player last season.

I think a solution we have been discussing in PM would be something like the following.
- I'd be willing to trade with Kristof for example Dureya (who Kristof likes) for McEvoy. (I'll then let McEvoy go into the draft, I get nothing out of this but help the league move forward). Kristof would like to get a priority pick in the draft. We could possibly do this after his first pick. Which is the final pick in the first round as he won last year. He would also then agree to vote for the league to go from 2-to-1 starting rucks.

The idea of redrafting makes a mockery of the league. There is only 1 person directly affected by this change and that is Kristof. Looking at every teams second ruck, they all effectively equal or in most cases out score the other players teams are dropping from their squads.

I like where you're going with it, but that doesn't seem fair.

I drafted and traded to have three top-ten ruckmen. I did that because often I would have Martin doing 115 and Nic Nat (or McEvoy later in the year) doing a 90, and my opposition having two ruckmen doing much less, or even donutting.

But they would have better mids than me (say).

Now, they'll still have better mids and I'm stuck with everyone suddenly having at least one good ruck.

I don't hate what you're suggesting, but it would have to at least be Duryea and a pick before the draft begins. Whacking a pick after the first round doesn't seem fair.

I'm leaving it up to others now, we are not going to sell the farm. We can't take away picks from the people at the bottom, who had poor seasons and give it to the person who has won 2 years in a row. Even though you have suspensions to your core.

The best suggestion is trying to find a trade with one of these teams without a ruck. Like I suggested a page back. To play devils advocate (again looking for a solution for the league, not personally me as I have rucks), if McEvoy is scoring so highly there wont be an issue having him as a utility, like you did for the back end of last season.

We need to find a solution that is best for the overall league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back