Umpire gives conners a spray

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Umpire Apologise To Richmond's Daniel Connors

I don't think that it was just what he said that is the problem, it was the way he said it. He got very aggressive, right in Connors' face and basically shamed him on TV. That is not right at all.

Sure, Connors is a tagger and that's probably all he will ever be and taggers do get scrutinised by the umps a bit lately, but umpire the game and don't make judgements on players before they have even done anything.

If a player was that aggressive towards an umpire he would be in a world of trouble.

Wut?

anyway, the umpire should be fined and suspended, if a player did that to an umpire it would be a 3k+ fine and a 1 match+ suspension

The way umpires are put on top of the podium like they can do anything they want makes me sick. The worst was when one of the Geelong players (I think it was Taylor?) got 50 metres given against him just for punching the ground and yelling in frustration when his opponent marked the footy.

and like Stinger has said here, if a player treated an umpire the same way in return, Connors would be on his arse with a huge fine right now

Re: Umpire Apologise To Richmond's Daniel Connors

Get him to pay back the $10,000 fine he gave us a few years back after Kane Johnson criticised him. Seems fair to me.

What a w***er that ump is, imagine if a player said that to an ump, $30,000 fine with a 12 month suspension
Or if Connors responded with "**** off, w***er", which would have been entirely appropriate. Free kick to St Kilda, no doubt.

After that w***er paid a free against Deledio last week for mockingly wiping the tears from Henderson's eyes then they can all get ******.
That was perhaps the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I was there with my brothers and turned to them and said the sooner they get some men umpiring this game the better.

Seriously, Gieschen owes us an aplogy for every single game this year, not to mention the two and a bit seasons he was coach. ****wit of the highest order. Belongs in Canberra spinning for one of the major parties.

These clowns have had too much power given to them. Some of them think they're the stars of the show now.

The job of an umpire is to umpire the game, we shouldn't be hearing from them at all except when they are paying frees.
We shouldn't even know their names its just gone too far.
They should be more worried about improving the standards of umpiring rather then talking down to the players trying to be stars in their own right.

I wonder what Connors said to provoke this umpires Clint Eastwood impersonation.

Nothing otherwise, there would have been a free watch the tv replay, mcqwalter and connors were nudging eachother and the w***er started pointing and looked to shape up.....clearly has an inferiority problem the umpire that is.....small man syndrome

The job of an umpire is to umpire the game, we shouldn't be hearing from them at all except when they are paying frees.
We shouldn't even know their names its just gone too far.
They should be more worried about improving the standards of umpiring rather then talking down to the players trying to be stars in their own right.

main_2010_aflua_umpire_cards_promo_01.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just keep wondering who was actually the one playing outside they're own league?

Upon reflection Connors took it in his stride admirably.

He definitely did.

You have to wonder how it started though, Connors so far this year has been popped by his own teammate and abused by an umpire, things can only get better.

I wonder if he'll be carrying cuz off this week?

He definitely did.

You have to wonder how it started though, Connors so far this year has been popped by his own teammate and abused by an umpire, things can only get better.

I wonder if he'll be carrying cuz off this week?

Cousins and Connors are actually very good friends.

That is the worst example of unprofessional umpiring that I have heard of. Did they bring this up in the Monday night footy shows? That guy should be sacked.

There is no excuse for this umpire's behaviour and I am totally dismayed that he has not been suspended. Umpires expect players to be in full control at all times, otherwise they wish dish out a 50 metre penalty or a report, and yet here is an umpire who "lost it" and nothing happens. Typical.

I've had a gutful of these little Hitlers hiding behind the protection of a tin whistle. Just umpire the game you jerks.

its been made public because it creates a headline, just as a player abusing an umpire does.

And what happens in that case? A free kick, and a fine by the MRP, and maybe even a week off for the player.

The umpire, Wenn, should get a fine and maybe a holiday for a week, otherwise the MRP is a joke...

...oh hang on, they ARE A BIG JOKE.

Gee, wouldn't you love that framed, signed and put up behind the bar!

I would like to know how a goal umpire could be deemed as an All Australian, you signal if the ball went through the goals or not.
The only skill involved is waving the bloody flags, any moron off the street could be a bloody goal umpire.

I would like to know how a goal umpire could be deemed as an All Australian, you signal if the ball went through the goals or not.
The only skill involved is waving the bloody flags, any moron off the street could be a bloody goal umpire.

lol, do they get to go compete against the irish umpires i wonder. what a load of crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back