Umpiring in the Saints V Crows match

Remove this Banner Ad

jokes aside I thought we got the benefit of the doubt a few 50/50s.

I thought for the first time in a few weeks the general run of umpiring went our way.

Our guys were holding, dragging etc and got away with it. (so did they for that matter).

I think the run of umpiring confuses players, what is allowed in week 1 are not allowed in week 2.

I think we aren't the only club baffled by the umpires.

Please don't read this as an attack on Riewoldt, because I don't think he should be suspended, but should his bump on Symes be looked at?

What annoyed me is the commentators just dismissed it, and we didn't even see a replay. If it had been certain other players, they would have shown it over and over again.

The other thing that annoyed me was the dismissive comment that "Oh well, it's hard for taller players to bump smaller ones". Where was that comment when Buddy bumped Cousins?

Please don't read this as an attack on Riewoldt, because I don't think he should be suspended, but should his bump on Symes be looked at?

What annoyed me is the commentators just dismissed it, and we didn't even see a replay. If it had been certain other players, they would have shown it over and over again.

The other thing that annoyed me was the dismissive comment that "Oh well, it's hard for taller players to bump smaller ones". Where was that comment when Buddy bumped Cousins?

I'll pull a Heath shaw and put money on it that he will be looked at at least for the bump and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a week with a week of carryover points suspended due to his, iirc, good record

What did people think about the umpires in both 2.10 games.

The umpires were: Roos V Lions: Jeff Dalgleish, Ray Chamberlain and Troy Pannell
Swans V Bulldogs: Chris Donlon, Matt Stevic and Jacob Mollison.

Please leave a comment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Roos / Lions game was a flawless umpiring effort. It should be held up as the archetypal umpiring performance.

I don't think there's any confusion or disillusionment over holding the ball or advantage decisions whatsoever.

Jeff Gieschen deserves a massive pat on the back for the remarkable consistency he's gotten out of his umps. :thumbsu:

For alternative opinions please refer to this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back