Bumped Unpopular Opinions: Collingwood (new posts start at #691)

Unpopular opinion #136: Is "Side-by-Side" being overused?

• Yes

Votes: 66 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 39.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but Friday night it seemed like it all just seemed to click in patches.

If we can do that for longer periods of time I think we will be hard to beat.

Not saying we will win the flag or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did crack the 4.

Important couple weeks coming up though.
Plus 10

The last 2 games a new will to win, and a new team spirit, that's looks like 2009 to me is coming through. No more petulant tantrums. The forward line finally taking advantage of the gaps left by Cloke demanding the attention of the oppositions best defenders. A new confidence the players are start it to show. PENDLES and Swan both look a little hampered, but they would still be in the first 5 players picked at any club, and they are leading by example, touching it out. Maxy is back to his 2009/2010 role, roaming the back line picking up the crumbs, helping this brand new defence to really learn. The back line against the tigers was brand new, so many young players, so many in different roles to their usual. No favourites out there just because, everyone earning their spot.

No I don't expect to win the flag, but we are on the right track. The media side show looks to be over. Let's enjoy the ride.

Lighten up mate:rolleyes:

Yeah, that probably didn't translate that well through text!

Frustration more so than pessimism.

7 goals in the last quarter was pretty weak. There were a few 100 point beltings on the weekend, the way Richmond played if it had of been a serious top 4 team it would be been one as well.

Not that I'm totally negative though, appreciate the 4 points.

We're still a pea hearted team that can't play four quarters of football.

No top 4 this year.
I usually agree with most things you post but not this one,I would agree we were pea hearted against Freo but I do not think that has been true the last 3 matches they have had a red hot go.

We are down a little on cattle compared to some teams and we probably will remain so when we get some of our best players back but the effort has definitely been there the last 3 weeks.

TD the term flat track bullies is a very derogatory term and it is cowardly way of playing,I think TD you should have a look at the level of experience in our team as we are no longer as good as we were,but we have a go and we most definitely are not flat track bullies if anything we lack killer instinct.

I actually see some very promising signs from the team and if we keep improving I also can see us challenging for the top 4,2 weeks ago we were really under the pump against Sydney and that was not the effort of a pea hearted team.

I usually agree with most things you post but not this one,I would agree we were pea hearted against Freo but I do not think that has been true the last 3 matches they have had a red hot go.

We are down a little on cattle compared to some teams and we probably will remain so when we get some of our best players back but the effort has definitely been there the last 3 weeks.

TD the term flat track bullies is a very derogatory term and it is cowardly way of playing,I think TD you should have a look at the level of experience in our team as we are no longer as good as we were,but we have a go and we most definitely are not flat track bullies if anything we lack killer instinct.

I actually see some very promising signs from the team and if we keep improving I also can see us challenging for the top 4,2 weeks ago we were really under the pump against Sydney and that was not the effort of a pea hearted team.

Excellent post, I think lack of killer instinct is far more appropriate than the pea hearted term. That should be saved for Carlton and more specifically their Captain I guess.

Im almost done with Alan Toovey, he was great in the grand final years, but needs to be moved on. His skills are poor, and he isnt young anymore. Should be traded at years end.

Ramsay needs to replace him, he has a nice mix of skills, pace, defense and attack and can be just as good as him defensively, hes also a long term prospect.

Im almost done with Alan Toovey, he was great in the grand final years, but needs to be moved on. His skills are poor, and he isnt young anymore. Should be traded at years end.

Ramsay needs to replace him, he has a nice mix of skills, pace, defense and attack and can be just as good as him defensively, hes also a long term prospect.
I thought this thread was for unpopular opinions? I think you'll find that Ramsay replacing Toovey is a very popular opinion at the moment.

Lol you clueless flog.

Oh wait :drunk:
Haha im glad I was always on Taylors side frm the second he arrived.

I never actually rated JT that highly even when he was a regular, I think it was because he was my brothers whipping boy?

Moore should be played in the seniors ahead of White for the rest of the year when Cloke returns. We should keep our 1st pick if it's top 10 and use it on a KPF prospect. Do not want Treloar.

I thought this thread was for unpopular opinions? I think you'll find that Ramsay replacing Toovey is a very popular opinion at the moment.

Exactly.

I take the opposite (unpopular) opinion that Toovey is still a vital member of our back 6 and will be for 2-3-4 years yet...

That's not unpopular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore should be played in the seniors ahead of White for the rest of the year when Cloke returns.
Judging from this board, this opinion is also not unpopular.

Moore should be played in the seniors ahead of White for the rest of the year when Cloke returns. We should keep our 1st pick if it's top 10 and use it on a KPF prospect. Do not want Treloar.

I 100% Agree and I think Majority of Posters on here would agree

There is a Chance the Forward line could work as well without Cloke as With Cloke

Wouldn't it be exciting if that eventuates. It probably requires Elliot to be around and White to improve quite a bit

When Hawks lost Buddy they got a better spread of goalkickers, but they had Roughy. We have White, Moore, PK and Goldsack.
It's quite frustrating for fans that Reid has played 4 games in 2 seasons.
You can even take out Roughy and the Hawks still have one of the most potent forward lines around..... Bruest, Cyril, Hale, Puopolo and Gunston. We'd kill for that! Sadly it just highlights how far off we are in real terms.

Injuries are not quantifiable and have to be treated as a dynamic system

So stop whining about something you DIDN"T spend 6 years at Uni studying for o_O

Injuries are not quantifiable and have to be treated as a dynamic system

So stop whining about something you DIDN"T spend 6 years at Uni studying for o_O
1. I have no idea if your post was directed at mine because it is unrelated but I'll answer it as if it was cos it seems really random otherwise.
2. I was talking about forward line depth not whining about injuries.. see if you will re-read my post you will notice the complete absence of the word "ïnjury" anywhere, or discussion thereof.
3. How do you know what I or any other posters studied at uni? and what relevance does a medical degree have to whining about injuries to star players in a footy forum? Do you need a medical degree to whine about that?
4. Tone down the arrogance a notch or 2.
5. If your post was not directed at me then please ignore all of this and carry on...

Back