Collingwood at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
I think it’s time we sit back and pay respect to Collingwood’s ability to win at the MCG.

Our record is 17 wins and 1 loss from our last 18 there. With that one loss coming in a game where the umpiring was less than dubious.

IMG_0032.jpeg

It’s almost starting to feel like we’re unbeatable there, and that bodes very well for a side sitting top of the ladder, 3 games clear inside the top 4. If we continue winning there, facing the Magpies at the ‘G in September will become something of a challenge in itself for any side in the competition. A great psychological edge.

My tummy tightens whenever I look at the ladder. Before anyone tells me to enjoy the moment and the journey is what counts not the destination........I know all of this and believe me I have enjoyed every second of our wins during the last two seasons and even a couple of losses) but we draw closer to the ultimate test and I know we have to go through that furnace to achieve what we all dream of at the start of each season. I love this group of players. I have always loved our team but some mixes draw a stronger emotional response and this team is one of my favourites.

The 2010/2011 team was very classy but I never felt a warm connection with them the way I did the 1970, 77 and now this mighty mob. When Sidey went off yesterday my gorgeous wife responded to my text about his knee by saying the doc thinks it is an ACL (she got her letters mixed up!). My son went white when I told him and I felt like crying. Part of the reason I am so desperate for this group to win a flag is soPendles and Sidey can taste the ultimate success one more time. If we won it and either of them missed through injury it would cast a dark shadow over the celebrations.

My tummy tightens whenever I look at the ladder. Before anyone tells me to enjoy the moment and the journey is what counts not the destination........I know all of this and believe me I have enjoyed every second of our wins during the last two seasons and even a couple of losses) but we draw closer to the ultimate test and I know we have to go through that furnace to achieve what we all dream of at the start of each season. I love this group of players. I have always loved our team but some mixes draw a stronger emotional response and this team is one of my favourites.

The 2010/2011 team was very classy but I never felt a warm connection with them the way I did the 1970, 77 and now this mighty mob. When Sidey went off yesterday my gorgeous wife responded to my text about his knee by saying the doc thinks it is an ACL (she got her letters mixed up!). My son went white when I told him and I felt like crying. Part of the reason I am so desperate for this group to win a flag is soPendles and Sidey can taste the ultimate success one more time. If we won it and either of them missed through injury it would cast a dark shadow over the celebrations.

domie, i could take the giant shadow of a global warming winter if we won it this year.... i'm desperate for a flag for myself.

f17596180d897a6fe61414e31cfedc91.jpg

Just impressive by Fly and the whole club so far !

Since we’re on the topic, it’s worth noting we’re now at a stage of ‘it’s ours to lose’ with how the season has transpired so far.

It is absolutely too early to call but Collingwood is best positioned to win the flag this year, whether you like to hear that or not, and we’re doing everything right at the moment in ensuring we win the premiership this year.

Oddly, I’d be happy to drop a few away games if we can somehow keep the MCG a fortress and win all our games there. The edge that would give the Pies in September would be huge. I don’t envision any interstate side would want to face Collingwood at the ‘G if we go undefeated there for the rest of the H&A season.

There’s already the stigma around us being behind at 3QT, so this would be an added bonus to have up our sleeves and it starts with the Dees on KB. Get the W there, and I think the rest of the competition will truly sit up and take notice of Collingwood as the heavy premiership favourites.

It has been a cracking 12 months from the club. Long may it continue.

But let’s remember that the Dees were 10-1 with 147% at this time last year and then went out in straight sets. It’s a long season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back