Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great effort but the bloke can't kick that's why he isn't playing. We'll need precision coming out of Melbourne's forward line.
Can't kick! I'd have though him one of the better disposers of the ball in the team. If not, why is he so often the player selected to deliver the ball out of our defence? Surely he has been omitted because he has struggled in recent weeks to win contested ball?

Can't kick! I'd have though him one of the better disposers of the ball in the team. If not, why is he so often the player selected to deliver the ball out of our defence? Surely he has been omitted because he has struggled in recent weeks to win contested ball?
I'll stick with my theory thanks. Go and watch the king's birthday game to understand the importance of getting it out of their fwd line. They are the best team at locking it in and noble sprinting and bombing to gawn won't do.

This years discussions are the reason we will win the flag. Last year our choices of fringe players were Bianco, Carmichael, Krueger and the Brown brothers.

Mitchell, Mcstay, Hill, Frampton and Markov(surprise) were brought in to strengthen our depth. Now our bottom six players are our strength. Decent players will miss finals but they aren't our old whipping boys. We have a premiership winning squad now - only 23 can take the field. This has been the Geelong depth finals formula. Now we are here. Go pies.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want to see the Melbourne players tackled and tackled HARD !!! Stick them and stick it to them. Oliver, Viney and Petracca will do their usual thing and we’ll match them but the rest of them need to know we are around. FWIW I think Cox and Cameron will give Gawn a thorough workout.

Olivers usual thing is throwing the ball. He is the best thrower out of a pack in the AFL and never gets pinged. Now I've pointed it out you're going to see every throw. They cant be unseen 🤣

Just get on the end of Oliver throws to win the game lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the club knows Melbourne won't let us run the ball out of their 50, we'll have to kick it out.
This.

Kings birthday match 3rd quarter was evident of that. Goodwin clamped down and Pies struggled until the 4th when Melbourne got tired and ran out of legs. Can't afford to be dominated that badly in a finals game.

I'll stick with my theory thanks. Go and watch the king's birthday game to understand the importance of getting it out of their fwd line. They are the best team at locking it in and noble sprinting and bombing to gawn won't do.
Funny because Pies strength is also locking the ball inside the forward 50.... but Demons midfield is just better at clearances that directly gets to a forward...

If we go out in straight sets lose to these and then lose to you know who i will be very close to the edge. If the chick at maccas drive through is grumpy or lifeless when she reads back my order I don't know what I might do.
You need to slap yourself and realise your life isn't affected win or lose... it's just sports and sports is purely entertainment if you think about it.... unless you invested your life savings and gambled on the team to win... which is stupid.

Moral is... don't be stupid and realise it's just sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't underestimate how much dropping a mainstayer in Noble will motivate others. It's a matter of "if Johnny isn't safe, then am I?"

And there's a handful who aren't, so there's no ability to rest on their laurels. Expect us to come out breathing fire tomorrow night.
Lol the players don't think like that.

Only selfish players will think like that and I don't want anything to do with those.

Players want to win foremost, I'm sure they won't be thinking about being dropped... they will think about playing hard to win.

View attachment 1795624

We’re all feeling it with you, Johnny ****ing Noble.

Massive call by the selection committee. Bold call.

I hope this doesn’t bite us on the bum.

Markov over Noble won't be the reason why we win or lose this game.

People need to cool their jets over it.

Lipiniski is a better footballer than Ginni.
zE0KV1U.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back