Game Day Collingwood v Melbourne 7.20pm Thursday The G

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few of the wiser BF heads noted Melbourne’s forward line was not strong.

That may be true, but the sheer volume of I50 ball we were facing would have overcome most other teams, if not all of them.

And it wasn't as if the ball was swinging between half forward lines either, it was literally not getting past the middle for us over extended periods of the game, so we were seeing repeat entry after repeat entry and our backs somehow kept repelling them.

A win's a win this time of the year. The Didaka will likely be chock full of defenders + Bobby Hill in this one.

69 inside 50's to 37. How the boys down back held up against that I don't know but they won us the game tonight.
Brilliant defensive effort by the entire 6. Best game I have seen WHE in 5 years. Bobby brilliant. Our rucks and midfield were pantsed. Nothing went right for Elliott. Concern by Lipinskis lack of physicality and the squib in the last when we needed him to run and create a contest. Great win....

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are into a prelim ffs! Get our best player back. Enjoy it!
I will but I am not going to ignore the struggle to win the game and the dominance of several Melbourne players along with the absence of several of our own stars. Let's also not pretend we have anything to boast about in the ruck department. Max Gawn absolutely destroyed Cox and Cameron. We were lucky that Melbourne's inaccuracy allowed us to fall over the line.

Nope.

Disagree.

Pies won the first quarter and the last 5 minute
S
Disagree

Pies won like 30% of the game... first quarter and about 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

Melbourne absolutely trashed Pies midfield.

Gawn was immense... Cox bet him early on but Gawn strained to win the 2nd half by a huge margin.

Pies had no answer to Melbourne's lock down defense kicking our of the defensive 50...

Quaynor and the defensive structure prevented Melbourne from winning by 50 points in this game... 69 to 37 Inside 50s is a beat down.

Yeah but look at the scoreboard............ That's all that matters.

I will but I am not going to ignore the struggle to win the game and the dominance of several Melbourne players along with the absence of several of our own stars. Let's also not pretend we have anything to boast about in the ruck department. Max Gawn absolutely destroyed Cox and Cameron. We were lucky that Melbourne's inaccuracy allowed us to fall over the line.

I agree. We should be happy - I'm wildly happy. And we should be realistic.

DeGoey I'm not worried about. He hurt himself and is a proven finals performer. Our next game will be against a team that isn't as good as Melbourne. We'll have Nick Daicos on the halfback line.

Don't forget Billy & Checkers missed a few gimmes, so it balances out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take my hat off to guys like Bobby Hill, WHE, Markov, who played some of their best ever football. Sidey was fantastic, used all his guile and experience tonight and was important.

The defence was immense, they had twice as many inside 50's and our lads were just phenomenal, repelled wave after wave and thrived in the pressure. Moore, IQ, Murphy, Bruzzy what absolute stars tonight.

Few blokes who need to lift now with a final under the belt, Elliot was down, Josh was very quiet, McStay lifted but needed to, and Cameron was pretty poor. Jordy was good but got a knock and can be even better, Pendles a little quieter by his standards but still pretty good.

Going to be perilous with Maynard, he either gets off (as he should) or he will get three weeks, (which would be madness) but you just never know with the AFL these days, who are obsessed with head-high contact, concussions and the optics of an incident.

Nicky D gets another week to heal and prepare which is just magnificent.

Take my hat off to guys like Bobby Hill, WHE, Markov, who played some of their best ever football. Sidey was fantastic, used all his guile and experience tonight and was important.

The defence was immense, they had twice as many inside 50's and our lads were just phenomenal, repelled wave after wave and thrived in the pressure. Moore, IQ, Murphy, Bruzzy what absolute stars tonight.

Few blokes who need to lift now with a final under the belt, Elliot was down, Josh was very quiet, McStay lifted but needed to, and Cameron was pretty poor. Jordy was good but got a knock and can be even better, Pendles a little quieter by his standards but still pretty good.

Going to be perilous with Maynard, he either gets off (as he should) or he will get three weeks, (which would be madness) but you just never know with the AFL these days, who are obsessed with head-high contact, concussions and the optics of an incident.

Nicky D gets another week to heal and prepare which is just magnificent.
We'll go to the High Court and beyond if Maynard is suspended

Mate, remember all those going on and on about he was the answer and how good it was we traded a useless player to get him, etc.

Well, as I said at the time, McStay is a decent battler.

Sub mcstay

Daicos playing a shocker
People s**t canning McStay half time ... Kicked the match winning goals , your apology posts here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back