Preview Preliminary Final: Collingwood v GWS, MCG 22 September, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an average year last year also, til Geelong ‘turned up’ on Grand Final day.

Elliott and De Goey are fine footballers. Mihocek, McStay and Hill handy. McCreery a goer. They all commit to the team plan and their team mates - thus far it has carried them a long way in, 18 months. Possibly it will deliver them the ultimate prize. Credit to the playing group and coaching staff if it does.
Well said. This team deserves to go all the way. What joy it has given us the last 2 years.

The other issue is connection with community. Don't know much about GWS but I've been to western Sydney a few times. Huge sprawling diverse mega suburb but I couldn't see much evidence of connection to GWS. I realise they are an expansion club created by the AFL. Collingwood on the other hand was created by the Collingwood community to serve the community and has retained and strengthened those deep links since 1892. To paraphrase Pendles the team that stays connected the longest (including its community, history and values) will win.

Floreat Pica

Hope so.

Warm up those pipes everyone. Gonna need ‘em for …..

How good is prelim round???!!! Feel like a kid again and can’t wait to get to my seat - premium 1st level front row wing. I’ll be whispering with a red raw throat by the end of the game.

Go you beautiful woodsmen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be clear, are you saying that being ten centimetres taller means that you easily break an opponent's tackle?

No wonder Fly dropped Noble, he's apparently incapable of tackling 20 of the oppo's players.

It's a wonder Tony Shaw got one game, let alone over 300. Did he ever lay a tackle?

This 'analysis' disturbs me
I think you’re digging a hole for yourself - not sure what you don’t get that Green as one of the games monsters mids, will easily account for Titch - it’s a bad match up.

Crisp, JDG and even Pendles would do a better job at reducing Greens influence at stoppage.

Please no more ump sooking, no more sooking about the media. It's painful to read. No victim mentality, come on.

These two things won't factor into the result. If we're good enough, we'll go out there and put them away. No excuses!
Absolutely right. We don't sook. Umpires and media are not relevant.

2018 Prelim replay on Fox....:hearteyes:

I would love to know what selection would've been if Tay was fit. 🤔

Last edited:
Whats the narrative when the giants get rolled tomorrow? "6 day break, AFL bad", "Crowd too one-sided", "Young team ran out of legs".

You know they’ll talk like they expected us to win all along, as though it could never have gone any other way, and quickly move on to fellating Carltank.

Daisy Heath and Beams can all GAGF

It’s quite pathetic how Daisy has been on the bandwagon this and last year considering how poorly he treated the club. Guess he doesn’t want to be remembered for playing for Carlton

I think you’re digging a hole for yourself - not sure what you don’t get that Green as one of the games monsters mids, will easily account for Titch - it’s a bad match up.

Crisp, JDG and even Pendles would do a better job at reducing Greens influence at stoppage.

They'll both have their head over the ball and Titch will win his share mate.

And when Green gets his hands on it,
Titch will tackle him just fine.

They are their team's most inside mids - whatever the tactics, they'll be head to head. They just will.

Pendles could go with him I guess but Green's still gonna find himself scrapping with Titch for the footy

It’s quite pathetic how Daisy has been on the bandwagon this and last year considering how poorly he treated the club. Guess he doesn’t want to be remembered for playing for Carlton

Yep has really jumped on mid last year, bloke was and is still a flog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back