Preview Preliminary Final: Collingwood v GWS, MCG 22 September, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course, but I'm talking about taking advantage of the opportunity we haven't had for decades, to win the whole box and dice.

Throughout those decades we've had perpetual false dawns, if we can't win it from our position then we'll never be able to.
We have average rucks and forwards. Hopefully the latter can convert their chances over the next 9 days.

It's actually grinded my gears all week. Every Pies v Giants preview has turned into a GWS wankfest talking up every one of their players as if they're part of some sort of dynasty. Just heard Heath Shaw say that we have 'noone' in our midfield. Um campaigner, ever heard of De Goey, Mitchell, Pendles, Daics x 2, Crisp etc.

The complete lack of disrespect for our lads this week has been laughable.
Agree but I think it suits our preparation and mindset going into the game

Billy and Checkers were both in AA discussions during the year. Bobby is an A grade small forward now
It’s quite amusing tbh. We don’t have any A graders perhaps. But our forward line is extremely balanced. We don’t rely on one player (greene, curnow, larkey) to win us games. Much better IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've done a bloody good job to be on top all year with so many average players. Don't know what it says about the other 17 clubs.
It was an average year last year also, til Geelong ‘turned up’ on Grand Final day.

Elliott and De Goey are fine footballers. Mihocek, McStay and Hill handy. McCreery a goer. They all commit to the team plan and their team mates - thus far it has carried them a long way in, 18 months. Possibly it will deliver them the ultimate prize. Credit to the playing group and coaching staff if it does.

I think of Crispy lines up at HF again then he's the man for the Whitfield role. Absolutely burn him going back toward goal.
I never understand Crisp at half forward. He should always be running from the back of the pack.

It was an average year last year also, til Geelong ‘turned up’ on Grand Final day.

Elliott and De Goey are fine footballers. Mihocek, McStay and Hill handy. McCreery a goer. They all commit to the team plan and their team mates - thus far it has carried them a long way in, 18 months. Possibly it will deliver them the ultimate prize. Credit to the playing group and coaching staff if it does.
Up forward our talls are workhorses and our flankers all have a weapon that they hurt defences with - more than one weapon in Elliott's case.

Those who suggest our list isn't as good as the other teams don't get inside outside footy. Our inside structure isn't as good as the likes of Carlton and Melbourne, but our flankers are miles above theirs. Our flankers are comfortably the league best - Brissy may argue with that last sentence because their forward flankers are so good, but wings and defence we have them covered.

Last edited:
Up forward our talls are workhorses and our flankers all have a weapon that they hurt defences with - more than one weapon in Elliott's case. Those who suggest our list isn't as good as the other teams don't get inside outside footy. Our inside structure isn't as good as the likes of Carlton and Melbourne, but our flankers are miles above theirs. Our flankers are comfortably the league best.
Id love the luxury of being able to throw DeGoey forward for patches but i think well need our full engine room up and running. Things happen when hes there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back