Politics Upcoming election, what do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad result for the Nationals. Keeps them directly relevant to the government being in government.

It does strike me as being very much a marriage of convenience at times.

Yes they where but Labour also recorded its second lowest primary vote in history. There was always going to be a swing back but lets face it they won a few seats back on preferences and not people voting for them outright.
Labor's tactic this election was targeting marginal seats (particularly in NSW and QLD and winning them on TPP. Sure, they would have loved to have won, and obviously that was their goal, but really they were interested in damaging the coalition enough to make it possible to smash them next election. I think Labor's primary vote will improve significantly in 3 years time.

Labor's tactic this election was targeting marginal seats (particularly in NSW and QLD and winning them on TPP. Sure, they would have loved to have won, and obviously that was their goal, but really they were interested in damaging the coalition enough to make it possible to smash them next election. I think Labor's primary vote will improve significantly in 3 years time.
Agree. I think they're in a ripe position for next election.

Provided they can keep it together and the LNP fall apart even more. I can still see the Greens eating away at their primary vote and Team X eating away at both parties. The landscape is changing and at this stage i would not be calling anything as certain.

Provided they can keep it together and the LNP fall apart even more. I can still see the Greens eating away at their primary vote and Team X eating away at both parties. The landscape is changing and at this stage i would not be calling anything as certain.
Which will have a ripple effect in that Labor will need to protect their left flank to form a majority government.

So it looks like my senate vote 'didn't count' in the end. Five of my lower preferences were elected, but my vote stayed with my first preference and then went in the bin at the last minute. It did keep my first preference in the race until the final four though (with two senate seats still to be decided at that point), and I don't have a preference out of the other three candidates that were left.

In the end the Victorian senate seats will be;
CARR Kim Australian Labor Party
DI NATALE Richard The Greens
FIFIELD Mitch Liberal
McKENZIE Bridget The Nationals
CONROY Stephen Michael Australian Labor Party
RYAN Scott Liberal
COLLINS Jacinta Australian Labor Party
PATERSON James Liberal
MARSHALL Gavin Australian Labor Party
HINCH Derryn Derryn Hinch's Justice Party
RICE Janet The Greens
HUME Jane Liberal

Can Trump recover from this? Losing every single poll (even Fox News have him down by 10 ffs), making gaffe after gaffe (asking a supporter to take a baby out of the auditorium), declining to endorse Paul Ryan and John McCain, and is down by as much as 15 points in the polls (but the average gap is 7 points). If the election were held today, Clinton would win the electoral college with 346 electoral college votes to Trumps 192. Even if we take out all the states that are within the margin of error, Trump would have to flip every single one of them to get within 5 electoral college votes of Clinton.

It's been pitched as this monstrous "He threw a baby out!" whereas that's not what it is at all.

The whole thing is one big reducio ad absurdum battle, but then I guess that's politics. I just wish it wasn't so daft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back