Play Nice USA President Donald Trump -Game On

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump is a wild card, but I like his key policies ...
  • He has been a vocal critic of the Iran Deal - as he ought be.
  • He has been vocal in his support for Israel - as opposed to Obama who decided to shaft the Middle East's only democracy as he left office
  • He has been strong on terms of trade with China
  • He advocates increasing the defence budget - slashed under Obama
  • He wants to expand fracking - an America that is self-reliant in terms of energy is good policy
  • He is steadfast in his desire to build Keystone and on promoting clean-coal production - See above
  • He wants to revise the tax code to stimulate business
  • He is acting quickly to address the mess that is Obamacare
  • He has promised to get rid of the regulatory mess that is hampering economic expansion for so many small business owners - Under Obama you need a permit to run a lemonade stand in America. Seriously
  • He favours giving parents education vouchers so parents have real choice when it comes to schooling their kids
  • He promises to deport illegal aliens who have criminal records - hard to argue with that
  • He promises to secure the southern border to stem the flow of illegal immigration
  • He promises to make defeating ISIS a priority - rather than simply giving lip service to it as Obama has
I don't like the man. But there's a lot to like about his key policies. His administration should be given a chance.

• He has been vocal in his support for Israel - as opposed to Obama who decided to shaft the Middle East's only democracy as he left office
  • He wants to expand fracking - an America that is self-reliant in terms of energy is good policy
  • He is steadfast in his desire to build Keystone and on promoting clean-coal production - See above
  • He has promised to get rid of the regulatory mess that is hampering economic expansion for so many small business owners - Under Obama you need a permit to run a lemonade stand in America. Seriously
  • He favours giving parents education vouchers so parents have real choice when it comes to schooling their kids
  • He promises to deport illegal aliens who have criminal records - hard to argue with that
  • He promises to secure the southern border to stem the flow of illegal immigration
  • He promises to make defeating ISIS a priority - rather than simply giving lip service to it as Obama has
I don't like the man. But there's a lot to like about his key policies. His administration should be given a chance.

We can all watch here.

https://trumptracker.github.io

40 hour work weeks? Wtf are they? What about Thursdays and Fridays?

Holidays? Maybe one every 3 years.

There is no such thing as equal rights, some people are created more equal than others.

Voting rights? I have never voted in my life. Not once.

Holiday pay? Please, I'm on the equivalent of ABN, there is no such thing.

None of these help business owners, you know the people building the nation.

This may shock you, Arj, so hopefully you're sitting down when you read this.

The relative merit of the things KiwiRoo mentioned does not hang upon your opinion of them, or indeed whether or not they "help business owners".

For a start, there's this other majority cross-section of society known as 'workers' (you know, the people who keep s**t running while the heroic business owners have their hands full building the nation), and as crazy as it may seem, their opinion on these matters holds some weight, too.

And there's others that get a look in, too. So the worth of, for example, voting rights isn't judged by whether or not one particular individual gets their arse to the polling booths.

What an insane, topsy-turvy world we live in, hey?

We arrive in the USA for 5 weeks just 10 days after he is sworn in as president.

I have my make America great again hat packed to get a photo with it on in front of the Statue of Liberty
Get on the lobster rolls at Chelsea Market (best value lunch/dinner in town) and hit up the Spotted Pig in West Village for burgers and beers.

For some reason enforcing borders against illegals is seen to be a negative.

But pro life is for the tip imo. Watched a doco of the central americas were mothers who go through a complicated birth are even charged and have to prove innocence in the case of a still born. And face remand until court dates...while grieving their loss.

For some reason enforcing borders against illegals is seen to be a negative.

But pro life is for the tip imo. Watched a doco of the central americas were mothers who go through a complicated birth are even charged and have to prove innocence in the case of a still born. And face remand until court dates...while grieving their loss.

If you don't have a border you don't have a country.

I'm always amused by those who campaign for open borders but live in gated communities. It's inconsistent to insist the country should be open to anyone whilst retaining lockable doors on your own home!

Here is a pretty good snapshot of why I think the US are head for a period of uncertainty.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/31...n-endorsements-after-trump-tweets-buy-ll-bean

Now my contention would be that a seasoned politician would have a much clearer understanding of what is deemed ethically acceptable. Trump not only doesn't appear to have any understanding of it, he appears to have zero regard for it.

I think America are about to find out exactly how far what can be accepted from the office of the President can be pushed.

Here is a pretty good snapshot of why I think the US are head for a period of uncertainty.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/31...n-endorsements-after-trump-tweets-buy-ll-bean

Now my contention would be that a seasoned politician would have a much clearer understanding of what is deemed ethically acceptable. Trump not only doesn't appear to have any understanding of it, he appears to have zero regard for it.

I think America are about to find out exactly how far what can be accepted from the office of the President can be pushed.

I agree that we are entering a period of uncertainty with Trump as president. But there's a period of uncertainty with any President.

Trump is a different kind of President than we are used to since he is beholden to no-one. It's curious that the article criticises Trump for retaining ownership of his businesses but doesn't mention the fact he is the first President in living memory to decline receiving a wage from tax payers.

It's interesting that the article criticises Trump for retaining ownership of his businesses whilst neglecting to mention that the Constitution provides for just that possibility, anticipating that without it, the office of President would not attract the best or brightest. Bearing in mind that the President is actually exempt from conflict of interest issues, it's curious the article does not mention that Trump is going further than he needs to go in terms of distancing himself from his businesses. Indeed, he could legally continue to run his businesses if he wished.

It's curious that Trump is said to have zero regard for or understand of ethics but there is silence about Clinton who was demonstrated to have absolute contempt for ethics, taking money from foreign nations for her Clinton Foundation whilst Secretary of State.

I agree that we are entering a period of uncertainty with Trump as president. But there's a period of uncertainty with any President.

Trump is a different kind of President than we are used to since he is beholden to no-one. It's curious that the article criticises Trump for retaining ownership of his businesses but doesn't mention the fact he is the first President in living memory to decline receiving a wage from tax payers.

Trump as a media personality understood how idiotic it would appear for him with his empire to take the wage.

It's interesting that the article criticises Trump for retaining ownership of his businesses whilst neglecting to mention that the Constitution provides for just that possibility, anticipating that without it, the office of President would not attract the best or brightest. Bearing in mind that the President is actually exempt from conflict of interest issues, it's curious the article does not mention that Trump is going further than he needs to go in terms of distancing himself from his businesses. Indeed, he could legally continue to run his businesses if he wished.
As I'm not fluent in the ins and outs of the US constitution I'll take what you say on face value.

The idea that anyone in public office is exempt from conflict of interest is concerning. Makes me more glad I don't live there.

It's curious that Trump is said to have zero regard for or understand of ethics but there is silence about Clinton who was demonstrated to have absolute contempt for ethics, taking money from foreign nations for her Clinton Foundation whilst Secretary of State.

Are you sure nothing has been said about this?

Looking broadly at those who put forth their candidacy for the job the only person I found even remotely ethical was Sanders.

Funded by millions of regular people donating small amounts of money.

Historically on the correct side of politics, even when being the voice of dissent.

Again just another reason I'm glad I don't live under their system.

Last edited:
This may shock you, Arj, so hopefully you're sitting down when you read this.

The relative merit of the things KiwiRoo mentioned does not hang upon your opinion of them, or indeed whether or not they "help business owners".

For a start, there's this other majority cross-section of society known as 'workers' (you know, the people who keep s**t running while the heroic business owners have their hands full building the nation), and as crazy as it may seem, their opinion on these matters holds some weight, too.

And there's others that get a look in, too. So the worth of, for example, voting rights isn't judged by whether or not one particular individual gets their arse to the polling booths.

What an insane, topsy-turvy world we live in, hey?

I know you are right, I guess I just like to see things from all sides before I start dishing out high fives willy nilly.

And I forgot, 80% of bad debts from one of the business's I have a small interest in is to white New Zealanders. Those highly educated piss takers.

Excuse my incoherent rubbish, I've been on holidays for a month and my brain is more mush than normal.

I know I'm nicht normal and find it very difficult to play nicely with communists, but I will try harder in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't you be necking beers in a beachside bar with 36dd waitresses and some ping pong balls ?

Go and enjoy your holiday !

#flabbergasted

Hmmm that was 11am post my time.

Dropping off 4kg of washing for $5.

Bought 6 beers from 7Eleven for $5.

Sweating like a slippery Eel.

Had to have a sit and post.

Off to Phuket Night Markets in 30 minits.

I will buy you something.

Xxxx

Voting rights? I have never voted in my life. Not once.

Well don't complain then. Seriously you go on about what a great lucky country Australia is ( and it is). Well it didn't get lucky and great by chance. It got lucky and great because its had a stable government , voted in by its citizens, who oversee that government to make sure in the most part they act responsibly.
yet you don't see fit to exercise your voting rights ? I just don't get that

There would be billions of people around the world who would like that right

And I forgot, 80% of bad debts from one of the business's I have a small interest in is to white New Zealanders. Those highly educated piss takers.

You selling rugby jerseys ?...

anyways those highly educated piss takers here on this side of the ditch got voted last year ,as one of the most ethical countries in the world to do business with..

they must change when they move to the west island...:D

You selling rugby jerseys ?...

anyways those highly educated piss takers here on this side of the ditch got voted last year ,as one of the most ethical countries in the world to do business with..

they must change when they move to the west island...:D

That wasn't my assertion, it may very well be, but it's the inhabitants some of whom make it to the promised land who take unwarranted arrogance to the next level.

The Maori's are great people though, mostly.
Well don't complain then. Seriously you go on about what a great lucky country Australia is ( and it is). Well it didn't get lucky and great by chance. It got lucky and great because its had a stable government , voted in by its citizens, who oversee that government to make sure in the most part they act responsibly.
yet you don't see fit to exercise your voting rights ? I just don't get that

There would be billions of people around the world who would like that right

I'm not complaing, I won. Trump is president and doing a wonderful job. And as I've said all along he is simply the lesser of two evils and by default the best candidate.

I don't exercise my right to vote in Australia as there is no discernible difference between parties, they are both centre left and as such that hour of my life can be better spent doing other stuff that I deem more important. I happily pay the fine and move on.

That is my democratic right.

It sure as hell isn't a reflection of my patriotism or concern for my country, I'm am concerned about the way we are heading and I'm concerned about the cost of living in the future and the quality of life my future children may have.

Government by pure definition is a restriction of freedom, if you think I'm going to promote intervention of any kind than you haven't been reading my posts closely enough.

Apathy is the enemy of democracy Arjen..and yes, democracy isn't perfect, but as I've said before its a lot better than the alternative

as for Trump , well I cant stand Hilary Clinton. She was a terrible candidate. Its too early to say that Trump is the lesser of 2 evils though. The sad thing for me is that US with a population of 300m produced 2 idiots to run for power. The positive thing is that at least the US systems has its fair share of checks and balances which means that Trumps role will be largely a figurehead role.

Apathy is the enemy of democracy Arjen..and yes, democracy isn't perfect, but as I've said before its a lot better than the alternative

as for Trump , well I cant stand Hilary Clinton. She was a terrible candidate. Its too early to say that Trump is the lesser of 2 evils though. The sad thing for me is that US with a population of 300m produced 2 idiots to run for power. The positive thing is that at least the US systems has its fair share of checks and balances which means that Trumps role will be largely a figurehead role.

The President of the United States is far more than a figurehead. But you are right that the checks and balances provided by the US system protect the country in the event that a President decides to go rogue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back