Travel Using mobile phones overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I'm going overseas in June, Russia and Romania. What's the go with using mobile phones overseas? I haven't been overseas for several years so not sure.

I'd take an unlocked phone and buy a prepaid sim. Significantly cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Just don't buy them at the airport where you'll be ripped off. Do a bit of research before you go on who are the country's biggest service providers and when you hit town, head to a store with your passport in hand.

I'm going overseas in June, Russia and Romania. What's the go with using mobile phones overseas? I haven't been overseas for several years so not sure.
Most places have wifi now days. Apps like what app and face book messager are great to communicate with text & calls

Most places have wifi now days. Apps like what app and face book messager are great to communicate with text & calls

Yeah. Am in Romania now. Just communicating by email and messenger when I have WiFi.

Most bars and hotels/ hostils have free wifi. Even when you back back around the poorer countries like Vietnam, Thailand l, Bali etc there is wifi in most places

The only hassle I had was that a lot of places you have to have an SMS sent to you to access the WiFi which you can't do if you don't have a phone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back